Using the CBU-97

Xtacy

I drop CBU-97 from 1000ft or less, and 450kts or more, that way you get a very long dispersal pattern

This made a world of difference. Drop in CCIP, low level (anything between 600-1000ft), high speed 450-550kts ingress, level drop or very slight dive. Very effective!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Talking about CBU, yesterday I tried to kill M113 with CBU-87. One CBU-87 per one M113, bomblets cover the vehicle perfectly but not even a percent of life bar lost.... 6 drops, 0 kill.... XD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I believe if u have it set to nose, they spread open right after dropped.

If it’s nose/tail, it’s 500 ft.

I think i read that in the manual.

Yes exactly.

Need some more tinkering to learn how to use this weapon properly, maybe tomorrows patch means we can adjust the burst altitude which would be great.

• ED Team

Hi

We do have a HOF issue that should be fixed soon, which may be a factor here.

What parameters are you launching the weapon from?

post a short track replay we might be able to give you some pointers.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have released several cbu 97 but it does not trigger submunitions, what steps have I missed? on the sms page the weapon is RDY :dunno:

ATM the F-16C CBU-97 has a HOF of 500ft, when dropped at speed from 2000ft or less, the BLU-108 submunitions have time to open and deploy.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4066736#post4066736

When dropped from higher altitudes (as you might with the A-10C), the CBU-97 reachs a higher fall speed such that when CBU-97 casing splits @500ft, the 10x BLU-108 don't have time to deploy their anti-armour 'pucks' and either crash into the ground doing no damage or hit a single target.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

This has been changed to 1500ft, if the A-10C is anything to go by, I'm expecting people to complain cause its too high now... That high in the A-10C and the bomblets drift off the target before they pop.

Yeah, I was having so much fun with CBU-97 high speed low passes with excellent results.

Now I can't zoom by at 550-600ft @ 500+ knots anymore :cry:No one figured out if we can change HOF still? Sthey just changed it to static 1500ft instead?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I tried releasing them in CCIP, CCRP and in every kind of angle and speed I could think of. Track file link below. They work just fine from high angles in both CCRP and CCIP, but trying to employ them at high speed and low altitude, like I might with Mk82AIRs, the CBU opened immediately but the bomblets drifted past the targets for the most part. You'd need to release well before the target to get the bomblets on-target.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c8abzRYJhy6s1baowFIgm2a1p_1eyudX

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried releasing them in CCIP, CCRP and in every kind of angle and speed I could think of. Track file link below. They work just fine from high angles in both CCRP and CCIP, but trying to employ them at high speed and low altitude, like I might with Mk82AIRs, the CBU opened immediately but the bomblets drifted past the targets for the most part. You'd need to release well before the target to get the bomblets on-target.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c8abzRYJhy6s1baowFIgm2a1p_1eyudX

Yes, because the "tweak" was just to make the HOF from 500ft to 1500ft which means the methods that worked prior to this patch (low, level and fast) don't work anymore.

Someone will likely figure out the optimal way to use them with this new limitation, but I think I'm going to pass on these bad boys until we have the ability to change the value ourselves.

Edited by Poncho_grande

They work fine for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

How do I change CBU-97 the burst altitude? The default is 1500ft. Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

How do I change CBU-97 the burst altitude? The default is 1500ft. Thank You!

You currently can't - WIP. You're welcome!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You currently can't - WIP. You're welcome!

:megalol: :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Yesterday I tried a CCIP dive attack on some tanks on the caucasus map.

No matter what dive angle or altitude I used to deliver the bombs, the horizontal bar on the bomb fall line which tells you how far the CCIP is under your hud never reaches the bottom of the HUD for your impact point to become accurate. -> No bomb is released!

Had to drop them in CCRP which works fine!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Talking about CBU, yesterday I tried to kill M113 with CBU-87. One CBU-87 per one M113, bomblets cover the vehicle perfectly but not even a percent of life bar lost.... 6 drops, 0 kill.... XD

+1 for me on this, I just tried and I couldn't even kill a Gaz or a truck despite of bomblets covering the target quite perfectly.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Yesterday I tried a CCIP dive attack on some tanks on the caucasus map.

No matter what dive angle or altitude I used to deliver the bombs, the horizontal bar on the bomb fall line which tells you how far the CCIP is under your hud never reaches the bottom of the HUD for your impact point to become accurate. -> No bomb is released!

Had to drop them in CCRP which works fine!

If you hold down the pickle button as the CCIP marker passes your target, it will count down and then do a quick CCRP drop on that point. You can use that to do low level CCIP-ish drops even though the horizontal bar never lets you do a proper CCIP drop.

I just tried CBU-87s and yeah, I agree they're a little weak. I was able to kill an SA-6 Fan Song radar, infantry and some Urals with it, but nothing else in the little clump of targets I placed was all that damaged, including SA-10 radars, some IFVs, and even a couple of semi trucks, technicals and humvees, strangely. Seems a little underpowered to me.

That said, I was able to get them on target in CCIP just fine.

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]