Noobish Success of Overclocking my CPU! (Pic in side)

same as in windows o/c tool. We've already said you need to go into BIOS (usually it's pressing F2 or DELETE button while booting at the begining... once you're in, find section where you can chose manual settings for FSB, vCore etc... there's not much in BIOS so you should have no problems finding it (unless you've never made any changes in BIOS in which case better google for some o/c reviews and forums and see what others have done. Some even place screenshots of their values in BIOS). When you're done, save settings and exit... go in small steps (especialy voltage) and reboot... repeat untill you've got satisfied overclock.

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky, thanks i went beyond this forum to get my info which is a excellent forum called blazingpc.com im impressed with the design of it! Thanks anyway. I play with BIOS and dint know wtf i was doing.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

yeah no problemo... just make sure when you do go to high overclocks do stress testing with orthos (run same exe 4 times, 1 for each core then in Windows Task manager set each orthos.exe affinity to different core so when you run all 4 you'll stress all 4 cores)... and watch your temperatures with CoreTemp.

No longer active in DCS...

LOL I hear that from evey one! I JUSsssstttttt neeeeeddddd knowlodge in how to do it in BIOS.

Why don't you read manual of mainboard? I'm sure its written there already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Don't trust TAT.... Use core temp... Just trust me.

and 4.5Ghz? lol ... If you can hit that you have "The <Beyond> Golden One"

Was only asking about stability because there's a long way between booting into windows and stably stressing :)

Agreed with Fudd on Core Temp. In the settings manual, uncheck enable logging and check Show Delta to Tjunction temp. The delta T is the reading Intel hardwired to the chip to control automatic throttling. When delta T goes to 0, the chip will automatically throttle down to protect itself. A safe margin for delta T would be 30+ oC when testing with Prime95.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5