Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

ya Veki, link is not working. Dunno why, probably they have some tech problems on the site.

The link that Geier posted will answer your IL2 question and you're gonna love the answer.

Leaning thing and getting up and down in your seat didnt really make me go wow, but that head tilt thing made me drop my jaw. I was like "look ma, i'm flyin".

I know 6DOF will not happen to LOFC, but i do think that roll axes could. Yaw and Pitch work and i dont see why Roll should be any different or harder to implement.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st pri. on my list would be to fix the export issue....

or create a new export function to allow cockpit builders to extract all relevant data

to their own AC regardless of server settings, this would include lat & long position of own AC... since there is no Bullseye in Lockon pit's and the HSI is partly fubar ( read not working if not in nav mode)

This would be extremely useful for tool making etc... imagine a working HSI on a second screen regardless of instrument modes :)

Fox-one

1st pri. on my list would be to fix the export issue....

or create a new export function to allow cockpit builders to extract all relevant data

to their own AC regardless of server settings, this would include lat & long position of own AC... since there is no Bullseye in Lockon pit's and the HSI is partly fubar ( read not working if not in nav mode)

This would be extremely useful for tool making etc... imagine a working HSI on a second screen regardless of instrument modes :)

Fox-one

Imagine having the ability in f15 to click mfd to hsd page ;)

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Anyone who can get our Eagle to do that deserves to have a swimming pool filled with liquid platinum.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Yeah I just saw some IL2 videos with 6DOF and it really makes my belly go up.

The other thing is to better FOVs for flyable aircraft in LOFC1.12. During my MAKS'07 visit I had the opportunity to buckle up in Su-27. Safety belts do not fixate pilot completely like in LO, you're able to lean and by looking over your shoulder you can see entire tail (both verticals and nozzles) entire wing and gun nozzle. Of course I had no helmet but I don't think it restricts head movements that much!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I just saw some IL2 videos with 6DOF and it really makes my belly go up.

The other thing is to better FOVs for flyable aircraft in LOFC1.12. During my MAKS'07 visit I had the opportunity to buckle up in Su-27. Safety belts do not fixate pilot completely like in LO, you're able to lean and by looking over your shoulder you can see entire tail (both verticals and nozzles) entire wing and gun nozzle. Of course I had no helmet but I don't think it restricts head movements that much!

I'm pretty sure that ED have explained before that the current LO.FC cockpits aren't modelled well enough to allow 6 DOF ( presumably where you can't see from the present viewpoint - far side of 3d shapes etc, isn't modelled & some switches are textures, not objects )

That means they'd have to build new cockpits to allow 6 DOF, & tha's going beyond bug fixes & easy add-ons

Cheers.

No - that's quite true, but when you wrote

The other thing is to better FOVs for flyable aircraft in LOFC1.12...Safety belts do not fixate pilot completely like in LO, you're able to lean and by looking over your shoulder you can see entire tail

It seemed you were asking for this to happen, and leaning over & looking over your shoulder does move your POV, and would require new cockpits ...

Cheers.

Sorry if I repeat stuff already said, I didn't manage to keep up to date with this monster thread.

Some of my humble wishes should be rather easy to do, some were even planned for LOMAC1.0:

- my No.1: allow for more precise trimming of SFM aircraft by drastically reducing the effect/trim range of a single trim keystroke.

- multiplayer Air-To-Air-Refuelling on AI tankers with working and visible booms/hoses. And kill the automatic autopilot/autothrottle activation for boom receivers (F-15/A-10)!

- working master battery power switch for all aircraft. Keep it simple, no fancy HSI align like in AFM aircraft necessary.

- working master arm switch for all aircraft (and I mean "working", not only moving like in the A-10!)

- fix F-15 radar displaying IAS while pretending it's TAS

- make HSI stay functional and steerpoints stay selectable in combat modes

- make airbases selectable in western aircraft ILS/return mode

- make gun rate select working for A-10 and F-15 at least (I donґt know if

it can be selected in the real Russian planes). No one likes moving switches without effect (see A-10)!

- revert back to the 1.02 AIM-120 performance

- revert back to classifying a mission means also locking the client aircraft loadouts to what the mission designer desires to be carried (1.02) or allow for a restrictable range of loadout choices

- mission editor: copy/paste function for aircraft/unit flightplans/waypoints to save time when building missions. Alternatively: allow to create multi-client flights, then the waypoints have to be set only once

- allow to empty gun magazines and chaff/flare dispensers in the payload screen

- to create fully ballanced missions: add to coalitions a REDLAND and a BLUELAND, each equipped with EVERY unit available in LockOn

- make altimeter pressure setting selectable for all a/c, not only AFMs plus add changeable barometric pressure to editor weather screen.

- weather: when clouds are not overcast but only few then activated snow or rain should only occur below those few clouds and not everywhere.

- clouds: up to editor stage 8 of 10 they are still only few, then suddenly stages 9 and 10 are overcast. I miss scattered and broken. Multiple layers would be nice as well.

- when on imperial unit settings, give wind in knots and in direction coming from, not in direction blowing to. Stick to RL standards.

- review F-15 and A-10 flight models for discrepancies between AoA and airspeed. Example: If you try to fly optimum final approach AoA in F-15 according to AoA Indexer, you stall before reaching it. There's also still something wrong with HUD field of view angles on final.

- review SFM wheelbrake performance, those are too effective. Needing only 200 meters landing roll on full brakes is not realistic.

- add keycommands "open airbrake" and "close airbrake" that move those devices to intermediate stages as long as held down.

- implement selectable number of F-15 radar azimuth scan bars.

- make radar antenna horizontal (yaw) movement controllable by an analogue axis.

So far for now.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Alternative : remove ET and active missiles ingame would make pretty cool gameplay.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

and back to that neverending issue .. G-modeling.

at sustain cornerspeed G-effect feel pretty good at first instance but over time and and "super-speed and pull" it fails baadly. No G-loc

realistic...is a good step to implement all that stress into a 2D screen but to optimistic meaning to much..

something between both...should be easy to make...that would be awesome!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6724

All please review the following thread.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at http://www.fighterops.com Port 80

:(

• Like 1

awesome gameplay!

ER will be the most powerful missile ingame, but wth,

it could turn into some really cool online fights.

80s ftw!

Here come the van halen music :P

or rename amraam : Aim-9AR sideram