Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

depends on what direction, how you define what axis.

My graphs display "1D"-events, so that should be simple to see

what is going on, but the others you were referring to, seem strange.

Yes, your graphs are fine, coz it depicts the speed, but the acceleration chart by yar, seems strange to me :D

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a notion of TWS or different scan/sensor use tactics for the AI, so making them do something other than they do now would require a rewrite of the AI. It will happen eventually, but probably not in 1.13.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

Preventing scripted LUA for ECM blinking or other wise. I know it was said, but I strongly believe that this needs to be dealt with ASAP. Otherwise, say goodbye to online playing…

Yea, wait for burn through as some might say, … Wait for what? As soon as you locked them with a R-27, he jams & blinks. But he does so since his script does so for him. Waiting for burn thought is not BVR engagement, sorry.

I can deal with a regular jammer that uses his thumbs on his stick. You can feel the differences when you are engaged.

He isn’t waiting; using semi radar weapon is useless against them. So either you fight with a Mig with R-77 or porked Aim 120 on the F15c, all other weapons is useless… Making most of the air to air in lockon obsolete for real BVR combat. Where Is BVR in Lomac skies?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I think it's not made by LUA script, just set up a macro on your joystick or on your keyboard. Plus LUA script can already be disabled server side.

The problem has been already discussed, IIRC if you search in this topic you will find also some proposed solution.

if ED make new patch , we need (for online fly) pasword for calsing.This is very important.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=442686#post442686

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Air_Hawks/index.php?act=idx

Asus Striker II Formula Mainboard (SLI Ready)

C2Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz 1333mhz cpu

NVDIA Palit 9600 GT 512 Ddr3

2x1Ghz Kingston 1066mhz ddr2

OCZ Vanouisher cpu cooler

AsusVento Chassis

High Power 500W psu

Saitek X52 Flight Controller

No nedeed I suppose. What will you do in the cases of conflicts about using same callsigns?

Do you have a solution for this problem?

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Air_Hawks/index.php?act=idx

Asus Striker II Formula Mainboard (SLI Ready)

C2Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz 1333mhz cpu

NVDIA Palit 9600 GT 512 Ddr3

2x1Ghz Kingston 1066mhz ddr2

OCZ Vanouisher cpu cooler

AsusVento Chassis

High Power 500W psu

Saitek X52 Flight Controller

• 2 weeks later...

I only wont the Black Shark now.

1-the FM in all aircrafts.

2-open Code for new stand-alone models (really very important)

3-more real electronic.

4-Send the CD to latinoamerica for buy more easy.:joystick:

and some more things like 6DOF, etc.

So we wont the best simulator never built it. hahahaha :P

See you guys!!!

2-open Code for new stand-alone models (really very important)

open your game for modding and it will exist forever ;)

if opens LO for modding (not only models), it would be bought & played not only until Fighter ops is out.

no patch means: no future for lock on

---

if you want to see how worse lock on is:

-- play falcon 4 AF --

i was schocket after it

(for example: aim-120 in f4: ~ 2200 kn; in lo: 2000 kmh :blink: --> who is wrong? )

open your game for modding and it will exist forever ;)

if you want to see how worse lock on is:

-- play falcon 4 AF --

i was schocket after it

I recently took up on Falcon 4 again too this time with Open Falcon

and all i could think of was "Wow 10 years has passed and still this baby rocks"

Ok gfx is not so good but better than it was and all the other tweaks

Thx to F4 community.. I mention this only to show what a touch of "moddability" can do for a sim !

Fox-one

Actually 2200kts (at high altitude) is fairly believable for an AIM-120 depending on initial launch conditions. 2000kph on the other hand is well ... not. Far slower than the 2200kts might be faster ... we're talking peak speed of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well if you fire a missile from 45.000 ft flying mach2, then it should have no problems going well above mach 4. I don't see the problem with US missiles being able to reach speeds at

least close to russian ones. Why this constant belief "Oh it's a US missile so it probably cannot break 1500 kts, 2200 kts no way".

Russian missiles can fly 2200 kts and actually MORE in lockon :), believe it or not.

One of the problems is the missiles "speed cap". I don't even think as it is modelled right now is very realistic. If a missiles really stopped accellerating at a certain speed from

programming, then certainly it would also start consuming less fuel (which is no the case here).

I doubt the missiles would deploy airbreaks just so it could keep its speed at 2700 kph

More reasonable to consume less fuel ;). Neither do I think it's a question of maintaining

structural integrity, since the missiles can already pull g's in the 10ths, and a few more hundred

knots of speed while flying straight should not make much more difference. compared to a little

slower but turning 20 g. The problem with removing the speed cap is that

right now all missiles have UBER accelleration at 30-35 g and don't have

drag modelled at all while burning(except for the speed cap). This means

that if we remove the speed cap we will see mach 8 amraam in lockon :).

I say make acc numbers more realistic (easy) and model basic drag (easy) and remove speed cap.

Result :

Launch speed becomes important.

Launch altitude becomes important.

Ru missiles still have longer range for you fans out there :P. This favors

all missiles.

Missiles can actual work from rear aspect, energy wise (OMG)

However you still have to deal with the fact that a few chaff in Lo will make any rear aspect

RADAR missile lose track.

Either way a slow aircraft should not be able to make a missile fly very fast, especially

not if fired from low. A fast flying aircarft on the other hand, starting high and giving the missile

a favorable loft path, there is your killer speed. This whole speed cap is one of the reasons why missiles in

Lo cannot give chase. You cannot make your amraam catch running targets from 3nm if he is supersonic and

low - forget it. It is actually possible with low fuel to outrun your own burning sidewinder since there

is no modelling of overspeed damage :) (try low fuel very steep downwards dive with full burners)

Now take the 45.000 ft example again, and assume the fighter fired at mach 1.5 (not

that unreasonable for f22 ;), maybe amraam might slam into his wing, but wth - F-16 can do it :))

Fire the missile in a 0g path and I am sure that amraam has no problem going well above

2200 kts. It doesn't make sense to specify cruising speed to mach 4 in F-16 MLU handbook

if the missile under no circumstances cannot even peak there. Note that this example is even

for aim120A.

Btw I am not advertising for Falcon4 AF. I find AF to be crap :P. I prefer lockon before AF even for

missile fights. However there are other fighter games with missiles I prefer even more than Lo ^^

Here is some advertisement :)

(no photoshopping)

yehaw.png

Edit : Just tested Lo R-27ER at high flanker cruising altitude, ER was going 2361 kts...

For those of you that don't know what I mean with speed cap check this pic from my earlier post :

2.PNG

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'