Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

:) Your recent arrival does shine through. I'll just take the time and answer some of those points before someone less agreeable gets here.

2: I don't know everything about everything, but if you got past the speed of sound while using afterburner, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. Try reproducing that while paying attention to a speedometer displaying mach besides the usual CAS. F-15 should have one such.

3: Are you sure that was flickering, and not just vibrations caused by driving over uneven taxiways? To be honest, this sounds more like a graphics-driver-issue than something game-side. But that's just me.

4: Yes please! One problem, though: Modelling even one aircraft with higher fidelity than the usual LO-fare is, according to ED, quite a lot of work. And they aren't all that many. Prepare to be redirected to DCS for that request. Ka-50 is up first, obviously, then we have yet to see what's on the horizon.

5: You really shouldn't count on that. At least without more specific ideas.

6: See DCS. I thought TrackIR was supported (at least to some degree) in LO(+FC)?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Your recent arrival does shine through. I'll just take the time and answer some of those points before someone less agreeable gets here.

thanks you :blush:

2: I don't know everything about everything, but if you got past the speed of sound while using afterburner, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. Try reproducing that while paying attention to a speedometer displaying mach besides the usual CAS. F-15 should have one such.

i did some tests with th f15. you're right. i tried passing speed of sound with afterburner and reduce thrust and it happens. and i noticed that if you pass speed of sound with the canopy open there will be less noise than flying with open canopy under the speed of sound :geek:. actually there is sonic boom around mach 1 ,no?

3: Are you sure that was flickering, and not just vibrations caused by driving over uneven taxiways? To be honest, this sounds more like a graphics-driver-issue than something game-side. But that's just me.

not sure i'll tell you later

4: Yes please! One problem, though: Modelling even one aircraft with higher fidelity than the usual LO-fare is, according to ED, quite a lot of work. And they aren't all that many. Prepare to be redirected to DCS for that request. Ka-50 is up first, obviously, then we have yet to see what's on the horizon.

i can imagine that. A day i created a p38 lighting in low res with 3dsmax

and took me a while to do it :chair:

they can unlock all the planes already existing and make them playable?no?

5: You really shouldn't count on that. At least without more specific ideas.
i was thinking about direct x 9.0c

effects?:huh: the same effect as crysis? :poster_ban:

new wishes:

-optimize game for multicore cpu

fixe:

-sometimes buttons of options panel freeze and settings reset

i noticed that if you pass speed of sound with the canopy open there will be less noise than flying with open canopy under the speed of sound . actually there is sonic boom around mach 1 ,no?

I think the rationale was that at above M1 you only hear what sound carries through the structure of the plane & is generated inside the cockpit, all the noise from the engine/exhaust gasses itself being unable to catch up with the pilot who is moving away from the source faster than the sound waves can propogate in free air.

By this reasoning the sonic boom is a standing wave as far as the pilot is concerned & therefore inaudible

Cheers.

Actually the sound inside the pit isn't supposed to change when massing M1 - maybe actually the sound of air passing over the canopy will become a little louder if anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That's why I said the rational behind it was this, and not that what happens in-game is correct. I was more pointing out that it was deliberate & not a bug - a slightly off attempt at modelling the effects of travelling at higher than M1.

:-)

(although it's easy to see why ED arrived at this conclusion - there would be a drop in the engine / exhaust gasses sound coming from outside - but most of the sound - including the engine sound - is being conducted through the aircraft, either in the air carried along inside the plane (where sound doesn't have to go faster than M1 to move from the back to the front of the plane) or in the structure of the craft, or in the pockets of air that are carried along outside with the plane (ditto) which give rise to some of that airflow/buffeting noise you mentioned. )...

Cheers.

Guest bwRavencl

Fix Master Arm Switches

Fixing the not working Master Arm Switches in the A-10 / F-15 would be some quite easy but helpful change for v1.13.

Widescreen aspect ratio support (in-game options).

I'm totally fed up with editing graphics.cfg each time I visit options menu.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Widescreen aspect ratio support (in-game options).

I'm totally fed up with editing graphics.cfg each time I visit options menu.

Why would you have to do that each time? I've been to the options menu several times since I got my 21.6 LCD without needing to make any subsequent changes..

Sometimes lockon makes no sense...

An open letter to everyone who flies FC 1.12.

We would like to show in a video what many people are talking about, mostly weak missiles in one of our favorite games : Lockon. We love this game, but we also love flight simming and hope that we will see some improvements in the future.

Here are some suggestions for future projects. These exploits cannot

be allowed to stay in a future game, at least that is what we think.

ALL missile explosions you see in here are non-damaging hits - either hitting each

other or missing/exploding to far behind. Nowhere in this video (except one aim7 from 1.5 nm while

in notch) did a missile damage the F-15 defending. Here is to show some of the

stuff we would like to have addressed in one form or another if a 1.13

patch will come.

http://www.reservoirs-elite.org/data/promo/exploits.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0488djMDBU

Video Made by =RvE=Voodoo

-

You should know as a remark that we always refrain from using these kinds of exploits in multiplayer games,

and we salute our friends of 504th who just today kicked our asses in bvr, neither side intentionally using either of these exploits :).

EDIT: There have been people saying "how without labels?". Well I won't tell you how, but I will say it works just as well.

• Like 6

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

We are making a second video pretty soon focusing then on lock-keeping-ability rather than tracking/maneuvering rate.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

WOW! What an eye opener! As a relatively newish pilot, this really changes the way i look at this "Sim",

WOW, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Hope they can address these issues.

Thanks guys.

Retro.:)

Intel Core2Duo E6850|Zalman 9700LED|Gigabyte P35 DS3P|Inno3D 8800GT|OCZ 2x1gb DDR2 800 (4.4.4.12)|Creative X-Fi|WD 320 gb SATA2|Samsung 226BW 22" LCD|SilverStone ST60F 600w|Saitek X52|Windows XP SP2

I want ask 'cuz i saw this lately on 104th server - you kicked my a$$ there.

I probably wasn't using this crap though ;).

Mostly I try to outrange, outflank, and notch (at reasonable ranges).

They do, and they said that they would like to do a patch - when resources allow this, but that there are limited resources, and the focus at the moment is getting BS out.

If you go through this thread - & others - you will probably find them popping up every so often to say this, but I guess in the end they're going to say to themselves "if they haven't got what we're saying yet, they're not going to get it..." & stop.

Cheers.

As members of the sim community why would any of us invest our money in a new product such as Black Shark given the lack of support for fixing these long standing issues in F.C...

I think the game Dev's need to step up or lose future customers it's that simple!

Thanks RVE

3Sqn_TomAce

Been knowing this for ages... over waht you showed, chaffs are also uber effective in front aspect against SARHs. Try to believe: just fly straight and dump a cloud of chaff.

The point is, why bothering doing A2A with this crap? After TWO YEARS (almost) of 1.12a this is just boring.

In my opinion FC at the moment is just good for mud movers and formation flying. If i want to fly A2A i'm switching to Open Falcon and if i want to take a ride on the Flanker i run the old 1.02 (heavily tweaked): rough simulation in many areas and more bugs compared to FC, but at least ECM blinking, magic chaffs and magic notching weren't there (the three most plaguing issues in BVR, at least for me).

Sometimes reality make no sense - If somebody will in the future talk about US tech and RU tech, please read this at first :)

http://wpherald.com/articles/2134/1/US-submarine-security-to-be-reviewed/Navy-admits-failure-to-detect-Chinese-sub.html

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15625

I have to write this because there are still people who thinks that If you have great military potencial you are more than others :)

Thanks for taking the effort to highlight this guys - I wish you well.

I've kinda given up on LO online for now - just too frustrating. There is no fun in screaming at your monitor - too many exploits/cheats/bugs. 112 really broke alot more than it fixed. As for A2G, duffing up the AI is just too easy - feels like being the class bully!

Lets hope that when LO A2A Simming emerges from this current dark age in 3-4years it's been fixed!

Guest Crazy_Eyes

Yoda I totally agree with you these exploits really kill the playability of lomac especially in A2A, the 10 meter and barrel roll exploit as well as the RWR last light then pull up exploit really kill A2A duels for me, I've been on servers and watched people fly around at less than 10nm all the time, IRL this is bullshit and it should be stopped but I have a feeling this is'nt going to happen, I was told ED will never lower the radar height, and I agree the sidewinder in LO is a joke.

Yupp, it is frustrating and make no sense flying online since you have known these tricks or when you're a noob flying against some squadron members whose know this as well. Untill releasing DCS or 1.13 patch it's better to switch to bomber wing and fly on A2G servers i think.