Patch 1.13 Requested Features/Fixes List (*Merged)

Okay LockOn/FC fans IF ED release a 1.13 patch to close out the LockOn/FC era what would you like to see included?

My wish list:

>The new terrain area from DCS:BS...I want more map!

> Fix the AMRAAM....no need for discussion on this one...

> Open up the game to further community modding. Specifically 3D cockpits and FMs. (the ability to make and add new terrain would be nice as well).

Okay guys let's try to just give a list of what we would like to see, not go on rants about all the stuff that should have been fixed long ago that is more than likely going to get you banned. All we can do is put it out there and hope ED cares about the future of LockOn/FC as much as their customers do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely horrid idea; I don't feel like fighting UFOs online.

> Open up the game to further community modding. Specifically 3D cockpits and FMs. (the ability to make and add new terrain would be nice as well).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Absolutely horrid idea; I don't feel like fighting UFOs online.

After seeing what the community can do with the limitations of the current system (like the AdA mod) I'd like to see what would come out of a more open architecture. Of course you are free to choose the mods you use and who you play with online...just like now.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It won't be 'just like now' ... not even close; I suppose you don't play online. People do what they will - 'choosing who you play with' results in smaller games and lack of spontaneity. Therefore opening FMs to anyone is basically undesireable. :)

And ... LOMAC architecture wasn't really designed to be open. There is no real way to create a new radar system or new weapon system or anything of the sort.

After seeing what the community can do with the limitations of the current system (like the AdA mod) I'd like to see what would come out of a more open architecture. Of course you are free to choose the mods you use and who you play with online...just like now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1.13 is for fighter FM and missile sensor tweaks. DOnt think ED is going to give us BS features for free in LOMAC.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Almost the same wishlist as Colt's...

>corrected missile characteristics (1st for AA)

>new gound object and terrain set with the ability of improving it

>better export opportunities of 3D models (aircrafts, cockpits, etc.)

>modifiable FM of aircrafts

That's what I would have appriciated in an LO:BS...:music_whistling:

And ... LOMAC architecture wasn't really designed to be open. There is no real way to create a new radar system or new weapon system or anything of the sort.

What I am hoping is that it might be possible to at least gain the ability to do more with the layout of the available instruments/capabilities so that more realistic optional flyables can be created. The AdA mod team have done some amazing work just be re-doing the textures...imagine if they could really move stuff around the instrument panel...add A-A refueling capability....add the Su-25T weapons system features to a new add-on aircraft for "proper"(ie not all buggy like it is now when you try to use shkvall capability in non 25T aircraft) use of laser/optically-guided weapons.

Not everyone will want to participate in making or using these mods, but many, many people will. If other sim title's life-cycles are any indication, modability is the key to long life after the developer cuts support. ED could really make a huge goodwill gesture to their fans and give us a more free hand to continue to enjoy their sim. But then again I realize they may see any future community development of LO/FC as being a competitor to their new products, but that's for them to decide. I'm just voicing what my wishes are. It's all I can do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Dr. Shocker

You're asking for more than what we need. The community is doing a great job of terrain and objects. I'd like to see some of the same stuff that GG has been asking for. Mainly the stuff that makes playing FC online better.

Well, here's mine. (mostly the small things I wanted for lock on if BS were an addon.)

1) well duh... missile performance

2) ECM needs a bit of fixing

3) the F-15 needs a few more features

4) the new terrain if possible... but not a biggie. I still like the Crimean peninsula the best, but there are no online missions there...

5) Moddable for 3d pits with 6dof, BUT, for the reasons GG pointed out, I don't think FM should be moddable.

Just my 2 cents... The first 2 are what I really want, along with less bugs of course.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

2) New 3D-Models for Su 27/33, Mig 29 (seen already WIP screens, where are these Models?)

I realize it's your wish and not mine but do you really want ED to spend the limited amount of resources they might have on something that community modders can give you?

-hot coffee to the control towers (ALL)

-real-working valves to the fueltrucks

-accurate modelling of Zhukovsky street 18/B at Krasnodar

-3D clickable encyklopedia

-Advanced Flight Model to Ikarus buses

-B61 thermonuclear warheads

-6DOF T80s

-M249 ACOG (the stuff in Flashpoint)

-You maybe forgot of the fighters (seriously :( ) ceiling 15km+, so a pair of nomex gloves

...and get that sniper down the hill who shot me in the head before getting into my cockpit (timeout)

For real?

probably you put in:

-AFM missiles

-new map section revealed few months ago (Gerogia)

Sure, you wont't put it:

-New editor

things I DO NOT want in 1.13:

-6*10^23 poly spade in the side of MLRS

-1billion poly ground vehicles

As a fighter-oriented LOMAC player, I'm sad to be diverted from DCS, maybe we'll meet in my retirement days, but as I'm 19 now, I only hope there will be great patches and addons for this so loved and --sometimes-- so hated game! :)

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Besides all the above? Fully compatible and tested with Vista.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.