Batman and the Penguin!

Mizzy

I have been researching into various country's use of the F16 and I came accross the little known fact that Norway depoys their F16s using the Penguin.

So I take it that the F16 can be used for just about any role in modern air combat and theatre of war. So why hasn't the penguin been added to the Norway missile configs in FC like so:

ScreenShot_014.jpg

ScreenShot_006.jpg

Do I have to do everything myself to make this game realistic :)

Mizzy

I have been researching into various country's use of the F16 and I came accross the little known fact that Norway depoys their F16s using the Penguin.

So I take it that the F16 can be used for just about any role in modern air combat and theatre of war. So why hasn't the penguin been added to the Norway missile configs in FC like so:

ScreenShot_014.jpg

ScreenShot_006.jpg

Do I have to do everything myself to make this game realistic :)

Mizzy

Unfortunately yes or should I say fortunately yes. After the DCS:BS announcement I think we are on our own. Lockon improvements will be upto dedicated modders to Lockon. From the mods I have seen the modders do a better job than ED anyway. Keep the faith my friend.

So why hasn't the penguin been added to the Norway missile configs in FC like so:

Possibly because there is no such thing as a "Norway missile config" in FC ;) . Loadout options are not country specific, but aircraft specific. So in order to make a diversified loadout option for a particular country, you need to assign the country in question with a separate aircraft entry.

There are such "mirror" entries in the meinit for that purpose - e.g. two Tornado entries allowing to diversify loadout options for Britain and Germany....and in fact also two mirror entries for the F-16A, so making a dedicated Norwegian Penquin capable entry is quite possible without affecting other operators, but then these - half a dosen European countries + the US will all have to make do with the second entry then and thus have the same payload options.

P.S. before anyone asks - no you cannot make new mirror entries yourself.....CLSIDs for aircraft are pre-assigned and linked to the appropriate "FM" in the lockon.exe :) .

JJ

My countries AF F-16's uses ALQ pods under the winds, so they can take the ceterline tank as an option in AA missions. Its cute. Many coutries have sligly different loadout configs.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=159718&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=9eeb9ddd4648ada4a0fc354f0a1b6819

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Alpha is talking about the game... not that there does not exist a stores configurations based on an operation area. Because they do exist in real life. The Bosnian Loadout was used by the 192nd.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Norway uses the Penguin and this weapon is fully configured for their F16s as the said aircraft was modular (software) designed for specific Countries weapons requirements. The sale of the F16 to other Nations and procurement of USA weapons treaties was also fundamental in its (F16) design without giving any specific nation particular weapons secrets. The f16 must be the best example of this concept hence its ubiquitous use....sale of the century!!! anyone remember?

Fact!

On the other hand just use LOPE for Flaming cliffs... works like a dream :D .

Alpha, lighten up, my humour can be a bit dry at times ;)

Mizzy

Norway uses the Penguin and this weapon is fully configured for their F16s as the said aircraft was modular (software) designed for specific Countries weapons requirements. The sale of the F16 to other Nations and procurement of USA weapons treaties was also fundamental in its (F16) design without giving any specific nation particular weapons secrets. The f16 must be the best example of this concept hence its ubiquitous use....sale of the century!!! anyone remember?

Fact!

Eh.....yes Mizzy, but as Boneski said, I was talking about the game ;) .

On the other hand just use LOPE for Flaming cliffs... works like a dream :D .

I read your initial post....

So why hasn't the penguin been added to the Norway missile configs in FC like so:

Do I have to do everything myself to make this game realistic?

....as a "call for realism".

What I am saying is that there is no such thing as a "Norway missile config" in Lock-on and that, due to the way the game assigns aircraft to countries, you cannot assign a particular weapon to a particular aircraft without giving it to all countries using that aircraft entry.....which wouldn't be realistic.

Fact!

Alpha, lighten up... ;)

No thanks Mizzy - gravity is already having trouble with me as it is :D .

JJ

Batman and the Penguin? Heh,Heh Mizzy - you're a real joker...

Joker geddit?

I'm appearing here all week, try the fish.....

On a slightly more serious note, has anyone had a Penguin launched from an AI helo actually hit anything? I seem to recall that they always just missed the target ship when I tried it a while ago...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Batman and the Penguin? Heh,Heh Mizzy - you're a real joker...

Joker geddit?

I'm appearing here all week, try the fish.....

On a slightly more serious note, has anyone had a Penguin launched from an AI helo actually hit anything? I seem to recall that they always just missed the target ship when I tried it a while ago...

Ho Ho ha ha Joker yep gedit :D

Yes the pengy hits its target every time launched from helos and F16, btw do you like my new skin ;)

Mizzy

This is where I got the idea of the skin from and the info about the pengy.

Penguin_Mk3.jpg

Very strange but when i set up a mission using the Norwegian F16 to fight or to ground pound, it seems that they are more skillful AI pilots than the USA F16s. This may well be in RL as the Scandi Guys are very well trained but with limited military resource.

It could be just my imagination though and I am getting in trouble recently staying up too late!

Mizzy