VFX grip shipped!

RogueSqdn

That´s crazy but nice in your case Mnemonic :)

Seems this tnt-tracking-thing is not that helpful for planning^^

I noticed the same thing. The email said I should have received it yesterday, but when I actually checked the tracking (after I received nothing), the website said today. Crossing my fingers.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

As of now my shipment is "Out For Delivery". Hope to receive it shortly.... Fed Ex usually delivers to my area in the morning....

UPDATE:

I received my F-14 Stick and rudder peddles and have played with them for a little bit today.

The Rudder peddles are great. They are a big improvement over the Thrustmaster ones I have been using. Controlling the F-14 rudders is a lot easier now for me.

As for the stick. It feels real good. The weapons selector switch is very nice and works great. The Hat switch is very good as well. As for the trigger . I wish it had a little bit more travel to it and tension. It takes very little pressure to pull it to the first and second detent and you cannot feel the second detent at all. The other buttons are ok but not as good IMHO as the ones on the Thrustmaster F/A-18 stick.

The really big issue I had is that the stick will not work with the cable for my extension I use on my TM base. I have no idea why it wont. It works fine with my Warthog and F/A-18 sticks. So I had to connect the stick directly to the base to use it. No big deal but I am use accustomed to using the extension . I suppose I will have to order one of Virpil's extension that comes with the cable. I wish they just sold the cable separately.

All in All I am satisfied with my purchase . Especially the rudder pedals....

2hzWVJr

Edited by Manhorne

Got mine today as well ans second Manhorne‘s review regarding weapon selector & trigger - love the stick and now have to figure out how to set up the base properly. Works really great with the Virpil extension and love the base way more Than my Warthog one.

353-E138-D-397-C-49-DE-B9-A5-ADB83-F8-A6415.jpg

B40-B4-CC8-4-A01-40-C0-94-CA-625-B08275608.jpg

bilder online hochladen

Edited by D0rmicum

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Received mine yesterday,Here are my first impressions,And I need to first state that I've been using The Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick for a few months so I'll be comparing the two.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

It feels about 60% lighter than The TM Stick ,and a lot less Bulky.The Buttons are all working but lack a responsive feel, The trigger seems to lack any pressure and feels a bit cheap,and toy like.

The Weapons Selector switch is very nice and easy to use,I love how you'll need to "Unlock It" or push In then Up to take it out of "Off" mode....This seems like such a '60's-'70's type of "Safety" of that Era....**It reminds me of an Old Chevy Muscle Car with a Manual Transmission,You needed to do something similar to put it in reverse**. ;)

4.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

The Paddle Lever is Super Nice and easy to use,It feels twice as big as the The TM Stick.

Installation on to a TM Warthog base wasn't as easy as The TM sticks, As there's no "Keyway" to match up with the Stick and The Base.You'll need to be very careful to match up the internal pins and not damage them.

It also came with no users manual or button description

**So to Sum it up,after only a few hrs of use and coming from The Thrustmaster F/A-18C Stick The Virpil V.F.X Grip is a bit of a let down....It just doesn't have a quality feel and button response that I'm used to....

Also The Payment option at the time was a bit of a Headache as you needed to use a Third Party Lithuanian Bank to make your Purchase.

That and the fact it took over four months from time of payment to time of delivery was also a bummer as it was promised within 90 days.**

I would have to recommend if you are already using a Thrustmaster Stick to wait till The VKB/Heatblur Stick comes out and gets some reviews before buying The Virpil Product.

Patrick

mini.gif

The Buttons are all working but lack a responsive feel, The trigger seems to lack any pressure and feels a bit cheap,and toy like.

I would have to recommend if you are already using a Thrustmaster Stick to wait till The VKB/Heatblur Stick comes out and gets some reviews before buying The Virpil Product.

Thank you Phantom88 for your review, I had exactly the same impression you mentioned above. :thumbup:

By the way, do you recommend the TM F-18? Tks!

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Thank you Phantom88 for your review, I had exactly the same impression you mentioned above. :thumbup:

By the way, do you recommend the TM F-18? Tks!

Thank You for your kind reply,The TM Hornet stick is Excellent IMHO,Especially if you also use The RAZBAM Harrier,As it uses The same stick{F-15 Strike Eagle as well...hint..hint;)} It is rather "Bulky" though...I could see where someone with smaller hands would have some issues with it.

I replaced my TM Warthog stick with the TM Hornet stick so The Metal,button pressure,and general "Feel" of the stick felt familiar to me.

There's nothing "Wrong" with The Virpil V.F.X Grip it just feels foreign to me right now...as it's just a departure from what I'm used to....It's just personnel preference really....Who knows...If I use it for a few months it might become my favorite stick? :)

Patrick

mini.gif

The TM Hornet stick is Excellent IMHO,Especially if you also use The RAZBAM Harrier,As it uses The same stick{F-15 Strike Eagle as well...hint..hint;)} It is rather "Bulky" though...I could see where someone with smaller hands would have some issues with it.

Thanks for your answer. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Actually I found buttons on a VFX grip quite nice, they are tactile, and feel on par with original Warthog's F-16 grip, I really like trim hat on a VFX stick, it's very tactile. But, F/A-18 grip, that I also have, has a bit more punch to the buttons though. "Lightness" of a plastic doesn't bother me much, the grip is solid and don't have any "play" between parts. I fly in a gloves most of the time, so coldness of a metal is not really a selling point for me.

However I do agree on the trigger "department" it could be better, Thrustmaster's F/A-18 grip trigger is better!

Overall I like it to fly my Cat, I find it very ergonomic and overall pleasant to work with. I absolutely appreciate that I can swap the sticks on my bases easily, because they have the same connector.

In the end I'm not sure I'm interested in picking up another system from VKB for the cat, but I'll wait for reviews.

Well. My shipment has been listed as "Collecting" on the TNT tracking page since last week. The delivery was supposed to be tomorrow but going by what the tracking number is telling me they have not even picked it up.

I'm in the same boat as you although mine is currently scheduled for Thursday. Starting to think it won't be by the end of the week now..

I hate TNT! My order was scheduled for today, Friday the tracking status was:

24/OCT/2019, 10:55 - Shipment arrived at TNT location - Deliver to 28 OCT 2019 before 06:00PM

Today status:

25/OCT/2019, 11:58 - Shipment arrived at TNT location

?!?!?!?! :huh: so it was a lie that arrived on Oct 24th ? And nobody answer their phone. I had to send them an email and till now NO response... Oh boy... :no_sad:

Edited by Hamilton

Hamilton, what country are you in?

Hi lunaticfringe, I´m in Brazil now.

"Welcome to Brazil".

Wait 3/4 mounts (in some cases almost a year) for receive a good purchased in another country is very "normal", this when the good are not "lost" (stolen by mail employers for sell in black market or Mercado Livre - a kind of eBay).

Anyway using Couriers (TNT, DHL...) make things more secure and speed delivery a bit. Just have patience.

Edited by Sokol1_br

"Welcome to Brazil".

Anyway using Couriers (TNT, DHL...) make things more secure and speed delivery a bit. Just have patience.

Indeed, the problem is that I cannot trust the TNT Tracking Status, see the last four days:

24/OCT/2019, 10:55 - Shipment arrived at TNT location - Deliver to 28 OCT 2019 before 06:00PM

25/OCT/2019, 11:58 - Shipment arrived at TNT location

28/OCT/2019, 08:12 - Shipment arrived at TNT location

29/10/2019, 09:24 Shipment arrived at TNT location

So, what´s the correct? Sad... :cry:

Ok. So I have been using the stick for a few days with no issues then all of a sudden this evening I have been experiencing issues where random buttons and selections will happen with out me touching any of the buttons on the stick. Example. I will be flying along and the gun or missiles will start firing without the trigger being squeezed. Weapons will randomly select or other things I have programed to the stick just start happening with out touching anything. Anyone else have any weird issues with the stick yet?

UPDATE:

So after doing some experimenting I have found that the issue is the stick is loosening from the base with movement over time causing the connection to become bad between the base and the stick.

Will have to try tightening the stick to the base better and see if it still happens over time.

Edited by Manhorne

Ok. So I have been using the stick for a few days with no issues then all of a sudden this evening I have been experiencing issues where random buttons and selections will happen with out me touching any of the buttons on the stick. Example. I will be flying along and the gun or missiles will start firing without the trigger being squeezed. Weapons will randomly select or other things I have programed to the stick just start happening with out touching anything. Anyone else have any weird issues with the stick yet?

UPDATE:

So after doing some experimenting I have found that the issue is the stick is loosening from the base with movement over time causing the connection to become bad between the base and the stick.

Will have to try tightening the stick to the base better and see if it still happens over time.

Are you using a Thrustmaster or Virpil base?

Patrick

mini.gif

I am using a TM base. The stick is connected directly to the base.

I usually use an extension on my Warthog and F/A-18 sticks but the extension cable would not work with the Virpil stick for some reason....I had not had any issues until last night with it. Will try it some more today after I get home to see if tightening it a bit more helped or not.

I am using a TM base. The stick is connected directly to the base.

I usually use an extension on my Warthog and F/A-18 sticks but the extension cable would not work with the Virpil stick for some reason....I had not had any issues until last night with it. Will try it some more today after I get home to see if tightening it a bit more helped or not.

any of you folks with VFX grips ...... where is the lock nut to stop rotation located?

There’s a small hole beneath the the palm rest that you have to stick an Allen key through.

I’ve successfully locked mine and it won’t move at all, I think Virpil did a good job here

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I’ve successfully locked mine and it won’t move at all

Edit:

Thank you obious, Virpil has not sent me any instructions, guide, nothing ...

Would you please tell me how to lock this grip, I over tightened the screw (clockwise) see pic below, but no matter how hard I squeezed it still didn't lock at all.

Thanks!

tCd4deL.jpg

Edited by Hamilton

Hi Hamilton,

If your pic shows that the Set Screw is tightened fully clockwise, .. believe me, it's not even beginning to engage with the twist lock mechanism.

When the screw has fully engaged with the twist lock, .. it should be recessed into the hole by ~ 7 to 8mm.

..only then will it have locked the 2 cylindrical sections of the twist lock together.

Please check that you haven't cross-threaded that screw .. :(

Cheers

Tom

1945422778_Setscrew.jpg.6bc2befe65f881c650cd54f3027ab822.jpg

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win