Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Sorry for spinning your world back out of order ;)

xin_310403111621727307879.jpg

Tom Cruise owns and flys Mustang, N51EW, "Kiss me Kate".

Must deny, can not accept!

Really - how on earth can one enjoy flying, knowing that a Mustang called "...Kate" is out there?!

Pilot aside ;)

basic

for translators ...

Really - how on earth can one enjoy flying, knowing that a Mustang called "...Kate" is out there?!

Pilot aside ;)

Because that's how we name American warbirds?

Why begrudge Tom his ride? He found a love for flying and has the dough to support it.

Because that's how we name American warbirds?

Why begrudge Tom his ride? He found a love for flying and has the dough to support it.

+1 aaron886. Well spotted.

How can someone have had enough interest in aviation to join these forums and completely miss the fact that most warbirds are very frequently named after saucy women or have them painted on the side?

Is "Enola Gay" too lame for you weasel75? despite it being the meanest individual bomber used in anger (if we are callous enough to go on bodycount alone).

Is "Glamorous Glennis" also too lame? despite it being the first controlled supersonic aircraft?

Don't worry weasel75, I only mean to tease you, please don't take this too seriously. Have a look around for famous named aircraft on the InterWebz, you'll find a lot of great names - and some funny ones too.

Edited by Moa

http://lenta.ru/news/2012/03/13/ka52/

The Kamov Ka-52 attack/recon helicopter crashed near Torzhok training base on 12 March. The accident killed the navigator of the crew, the pilot was wounded.

Update:

130312ka52.jpg

Two Die in Ka-52 Helicopter Crash in Russia

http://www.lifenews.ru/news/85387 — Lt. Col. Dmitriy Rakushin and Lt. Maksim Fyodorov.

R.I.P.

Edited by Namenlos Ein

Okay, okay, maybe it's just me after watching some of those "funny"/crazy clips starring Tom Cruise .... :music_whistling:

But anyway, thats how imagine it: Kate homing in for a "kiss" - KissingTime

And because she is so beautiful: even more of Kate

PS: Maverick?! Pah, Iceman! :D

Edited by weasel75

basic

for translators ...

HD

KCg3Ul.jpg

An Air Force load master observes aboard a MC-130E aircraft as a CH-47 Chinook helicopter receives an aerial refueling during Emerald Warrior over Duke Field, Fla., March 6, 2012.Ritter U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Tony

HD

sXcR8l.jpg

U.S. Army CH-47 Chinook helicopters continue a mission after being aerially refueled during Emerald Warrior 2012 over Duke Field, Fla., March 6, 2012. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Tony Ritter

HD

hIF9Dl.jpg

U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Mike Radcliff inspects the exhaust of an F-16 Fighting Falcon after a mission during Exercise Anatolian Falcon 2012 on Konya Air Base, Turkey, March 6, 2012. Radcliff is a crew chief assigned to the 52nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron. The U.S. and Turkish air forces are flying together during the exercise in an effort to strengthen relationships and ensure regional peace and stability. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Benjamin Wilson

HD

7O5rsl.jpg

A combat controller coordinates close air support during a firefight in which coalition and Afghan commandos joined forces in the Sar Kani district of Afghanistan's Kunar province, March 7, 2012. U.S. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Clayton Weis

Great video Phantom88 thanks!

I really like Red Flag recordings like those you can find over lazygranch

I went a little further and extracted the audio of the video you posted and converted it to MP3, so I can use it as radio chatter in the background. You can download it here Red_Flag_March_2012_Military_Aviation_Scanner_Audio.mp3

Edited by swift

Great video Phantom88 thanks!

I really like Red Flag recordings like those you can find over lazygranch

I went a little further and extracted the audio of the video you posted and converted it to MP3, so I can use it as radio chatter in the background. You can download it here Red_Flag_March_2012_Military_Aviation_Scanner_Audio.mp3

Sweet!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: Thank You!

Patrick

mini.gif

Tragic news. Here is a photo i found:

konya.jpg

Seeing the red colors it is obvious it is a jet from the Turkish Stars.

Here is the article: http://www.todayszaman.com/news-274131-military-jet-crashes-in-central-turkey-one-pilot-dead.html

My thoughts are with Ümit Özer's family and friends.

Edited by vtsgoose