A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

Krippz

The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off. This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community and as a result we ask that you share with members of the community.

Document: A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

Written by: AveMe and Nightwolf

Thanks to (in no particular order):

• FoxAlfa (Missile FM analysis and editing)
  • Zhen (Code comment translation)
  • Quaggles (Missile FM analysis, general assistance, and proofreading)
  • Fragal (Missile comparisons, ED forum and Discord support over the past year)
  • Krippz (Proofreading and editing)
  • Varial (Proofreading and editing)

Everyone who helped try to talk to Polychop and spread awareness of these bugs over the past year

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNRsYAm4dgxsZbAyTxWHfw2v4yW_uk9-/view?usp=sharing

This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community:

Everyone who helped try to talk to Polychop and spread awareness of these bugs over the past year

Question, why do you not contact us first of all ? We have been always open for talks, but 35 pages ? We do now what bugs are there and where flaws are or are not, so what is your real intetntion with that overdone bug report. Does any of the people have real experiance in helicopters? What are there backgrounds, are they valid to be SMEs for a Gazelle ? So please, maybe contact us directly, cause we are open for talks anywhere, which anyone can have witnessed during the past weeks, months. Thanks a lot for your work though.

Edit.: Posting pages of conversation will not change anything plus, I have the feeling there is a hunt on the Gazelle here.

So as long as you try to take apart a person with posting screenshots then ok, cool, but in the end, we have mentioned numerous times that things will change, but not yet.

We have stated that the new technology will be incorporated into the Gazelle as soon it is finished and ready to be inserted into the Gazelle, which is not the case yet.

Edited by borchi_2b

The linked document is a comprehensive view of multiple bugs plaguing the SA-342 Gazelle module for DCS: World, developed by Polychop Simulations. Many of these bugs have been brought to the attention of the developer and have either remain unaddressed or have been blown off. This document was made with the support and hard work of members of the community and as a result we ask that you share with members of the community.

Document: A comprehensive bug report on Polychop’s Gazelle

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say...

My condolence for having a minor real life at all for some weeks. Some nice old reports and thanks for the time you spent but...

4 mostly pictured pages about the FM, 10 pages about the RWR and the Mistral, 17 pages about "developer feedback"... I wouldn't call this a bug report. More than an indictment but thats pretty much the thing you intended right?

To sum up your "bug report" I will use a direct citation from your text: "Whether due to sheer incompetence or malice" This sentence alone shows the nature of your pamphlet and the quality of your work. Nothing more to add...

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say...

My condolence for not having a real life at all. Some nice old reports and thanks for the time you spent but...

10 pages about the RWR and the Mistral. 17 pages about "developer feedback"... I wouldn't call this a bug report. More than an indictment but thats pretty much the thing you intended right?

You basically beat me to it. I was just coming back from reading the report (well some of it), to post: What is this, a witch hunt?

This is insulting the developers on a very high level. Not cool. Dont care what has or hasnt happened. If I was at the receiving end of this, I would be fuming.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I'm not trying to get anything removed, I want legitimate bugs and issues that have been reported time and time again to be resolved and some of these issues have been outstanding for months if not years how's that lighting fix coming ? i just read on the ED discord that it's still broken after reading you were working on it and had found the problem.....

Well, Fragal, maybe you investigate, cause the lighting issue has been fixed months ago. Sorry, I leave this to the community manager.

About what you want, and what we decide on our side as company for x reason is in our hands. We have stated that as soon the new technology is read to be implemented into the Gazelle it will be done. Apparently the new technology is not ready for the Gazelle yet.

You basically beat me to it. I was just coming back from reading the report (well some of it), to post: What is this, a witch hunt?

This is insulting the developers on a very high level. Not cool. Dont care what has or hasnt happened. If I was at the receiving end of this, I would be fuming.

Nah, this can be seen as a "transparency" paper. I've been on Polychop's Discord for a while, and that paper translates really well the general feeling of being there. Bug reports are either blantantly denied (e.g. the mouse-controlled camera for the minigun that does not work in VR, but supposedly that's a "feature"), or simply brushed off with "we'll fixed everything in the future, be patient" but without any actual fixes coming up.

EDIT: on top of that, fixes that are said to be "in the hands of ED" while a community member proves that it is not the case just goes on to say that these community put effort backing up the point they're trying to make.

Edited by toilet2000

"We judge ourselves by our intentions, and we judge others by their actions."

This nifty little quote applies here as well, as Polychop - from their end - has all the best intentions to get stuff done/fixed/completed, so all is well on their end, while we - the community - look at Polychop's actions towards these ends and we don't see much happening, so it doesn't look so well from our perspective.

... all too human, though. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As one of the people who helped proof read, None of the authors want to see the gazelle removed, nor do we want this to descend into insults (IE telling us to get a life).

Let's please keep this a productive conversation as we would just like to see action or form of acknowledgement by Polychop that they are working to solve these issues.

Edited by Varial

• ED Team

Hi all

Please read before posting

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

I want to make it clear there will be no witch hunt here, it wont be tolerated.

The thread remains open for now, please be mindful when posting.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As a long time customer of ED I am with you guys. The document speaks for itself and the Gazelle and Mistral weird behavior is well known online where it can sometimes outperform dedicated fighters in the scoreboard. The Gazelle is the only chopper I do not own because of my "spider senses tingling" and I can see now that I was right.

The RWR part is pretty disgusting to go through given the standards other 3rd party devs and ED itself apply when dealing with customers. Hopefully the discussioin will steer towards substance instead of deflection or ad hominem attacks.

Thanks BIGNEWY,

No insult or witch hunt is intended in the document. Other than the intro and conclusion, the document is only plain facts, about which everyone is entitled to come to their own conclusion. We only went to these lengths to create this document because we want to see the gazelle reach the same level of realism and accuracy that DCS is capable of. We actually specifically said it’s not within our purview to make any conclusions about the developers’ conduct or development strategies other than that it seems development has stalled. The only thing we ask is that you actually read the document, analyze the evidence, and see for yourself why we thought this document was necessary.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

• ED Team

Not to bud my nose in to this, but I am interested in the Mistral, the fact that ED has one and the Gazelle has one, I thought all missiles/weapons deferred to the core game, so I wonder if this is just something that needs to be adjusted now that ED added it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@toilet2000: The minigun has never been mouse controlled, it was always controlled through the headtracking system.

You talk about bugs like the sound bug which we have made a true statement about.

Please guys, if you talk about stuff, stay constructive and with the facts. Helps the community, the product and in the end the team behind the product. Thanks

Care to address the mistral missile? It looks like they provided halfway decent numbers and visual references.

Same with RWR detecting various radars. I'd like to see improvements in both of these aspects.

Have you browsed the other thread about this. Not even Tharos could change their mind about the missile. I'd vote to ban Gazelle Mistral in MP untill this matter resolved.

Oh yes, I have the module and its the last time I'd buy anything from Polychop again to be honest.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I performed a test flight one year ago with Borchi_2b "Sven", as I am a military heli pilot in armée de l'air.

I flew the real Gazelle at the beginning of my career and now I am on the As555 Fennec with 3000h+.

Sven is a very nice and comprehensive guy.

I still wonder why the Polychop French guy (Patrick?) didn't speak to me even once. It could have been easier for me to explain my complaint about the FM.

I left Polychop Discord after weeks because there was no more answer.

I met some Gazelle pilote to try to help Polychop because we are really looking forward to take pleasure with the Gazelle but it is impossible with the current FM as it is so weird and the cyclic is not coded like a helo.

Armée de l'air is very very very interested in DCS. It is a great software for us because it allows to perform COMAOs connected together from our respective air base.

For the helos, we will use DCS for the formation of our future leaders, mission commander, for the CAS and CCA qualifications and so on .. So maaaany on. Unfortunately we can't use the Gazelle for that. So we will buy a lot of licence of the UH1 and the Mi8

Not to bud my nose in to this, but I am interested in the Mistral, the fact that ED has one and the Gazelle has one, I thought all missiles/weapons deferred to the core game, so I wonder if this is just something that needs to be adjusted now that ED added it.

Interesting, does this mean the ED Phoenix should be used as opposed to the HB Phoenix?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Interesting, does this mean the ED Phoenix should be used as opposed to the HB Phoenix?

Not necessarily. The M2000 at first used EDs 530D and Magic for maybe a few months to a year, but have been using their own ever since.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum