Gloveless hand tracking: Leap Motion emulating Index Controllers

mhe

So we do have motion controller support in DCS, now there is the missing link that bridges the gap to make Leap Motion usable with that:

I haven't had the chance to try this in DCS, but I can't wait to.

Link to the software here, it is a SteamVR plugin: https://github.com/SDraw/driver_leap

I still have some days to go without access to my flight rig, so anybody with practical experience on this, please share!

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

this has been a thing for awhile now with the vive controller emulation with leap motion. which looks good in these videos but in a cockpit full of switches i found it is not good due to 1 point of tracking so if u turn your hand and your leap looses view of your fingers it flips out on you and hits a bunch of switches.

Anyone confirm this even works in dcs?

DCS supports VR hand controllers (Rift, Index, Vive etc), so emulating one of these should work with DCS. How well, I am here to find out. Can only start testing once I managed to print a Leap mount for my Index.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 1 year later...