• Q-5D
    • H-5

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE F111 AARDVARK.. and examples why   The Aardvark... THE ARDVARK. Lemme show you why.   First, the little things people like about each of these modules, the Aardvark has them all in one package.

Give me another Fishbed and I will buy it. I will own all of the Fishbeds. All of them. Especially a nice one like the F-7G.

As far as I know, there is no F-7G has ever been made. Because those countries which want to purchase fighter jets from China are either too poor to afford a proper J-7G and had to settle with F-7GS (cheap version of J-7G), or they are rich enough to get themselves some JF-17.

That's why we need J-7G :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Earlier, I heard that Deka hasn't decided on what they are going to make next. So I am just here to bump this post up and wish they can take this poll into consideration. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Billibilli Q&A “someone else will have to do Indian planes”

fair enough!

tejas is definitely something that interests me a fair bit, a modern cheap production fighter that tries to pull in the good from many places rather than sticking to a single doctrine

• 4 weeks later...

Any aircraft, even better if it's a double-seater.

戦闘機のパイロットは映画を作り、爆撃機のパイロットは歴史を作ります。

Ryzen7 3800 X @ 8x4.5GHz / 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX3060(GDDR6 12GB VRAM)/ Windows 10 Home 64Bit / Saitek X-56 / Saitek X-65F / Track IR

The J-8F looks awesome, was the design inspired or borrowed from the su15 ? Because they look very similar in their exterior

Nope. It is an evolved version of the J-8. But it did incorporated the concept of the air intake design from the MiG-23.

During the design of the original J-8, China wished to have a plane with BVR capacity. However, for that you need a bigger nose to put the radar in. But by having a bigger nose, the MiG-21 center body type air intake can not be used. And at the time China did not know how to design air intake other than the MiG-21 centerbody type.

For this reason, China started to experiment other air intake type. One of them is the F-16 style under chin intake. And the Chinese scientist started to design their under chin air intake. They first tested out on the Q-6 design. But the project was cancelled. The second one was the J-7SF which was a success, but the project was considered to be not very economical, since the Super-7 (early design of JF-17) design was far better and marginally more costs. The under chin design was finally perfected in the J-10 design.

The second air intake China tried was the MiG-23 style side air intake. China did obtain 4 to 6 MiG-23s from Egypt. And they studied it intensively for the J-8II design.

Nope. It is an evolved version of the J-8. But it did incorporated the concept of the air intake design from the MiG-23.

During the design of the original J-8, China wished to have a plane with BVR capacity. However, for that you need a bigger nose to put the radar in. But by having a bigger nose, the MiG-21 center body type air intake can not be used. And at the time China did not know how to design air intake other than the MiG-21 centerbody type.

For this reason, China started to experiment other air intake type. One of them is the F-16 style under chin intake. And the Chinese scientist started to design their under chin air intake. They first tested out on the Q-6 design. But the project was cancelled. The second one was the J-7SF which was a success, but the project was considered to be not very economical, since the Super-7 (early design of JF-17) design was far better and marginally more costs. The under chin design was finally perfected in the J-10 design.

The second air intake China tried was the MiG-23 style side air intake. China did obtain 4 to 6 MiG-23s from Egypt. And they studied it intensively for the J-8II design.

Thanks a lot for this very complete answer, I really appreciate it

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A late J-7 and Q-5 are really what I want TBH.

This generation of aircraft is what I am most interested in for DCS, as they fit the best for a few reasons. Also they are truly "red jets", and the community really wants some of those :)

Both would fit an 80s-90s set up quite nicely.

Lately we got lots of realtively modern stuff, but I really thinkg 60s-70s and 80s-90s are the way to go for DCS, systems/features are a nice blend of oldie and modern i those periods, getting reliable declassified info is more likely, and a nice balance of blue vs red is also more likely.

Q-5 is a nice attack jet with its roots in MiG-19, so should be fairly nice to fly as well. A later J-7 with characteristic double delta wings and bubbly canopy is a fairly multirole offering and a distinct cousin of venerable MiG-21. I can see them both catering to niches in red side modules.

Edit: as for the others, J-5 and J-6... well in their case I don't think they are different enough from MiG-15 and 19 to prove interesting. J-8, well it is OK, I probably would get it, but much, much prefer J-7 and Q-5 instead. J-8 is a tad too interceptor focused for me with little in the way of agility and multirole options.

As for the things that aren't featured in the opitons: J-10, like I've said I prefer to get some older modules at this point. Besides, I honestly don't see it happening. Though it's a cool interesting jet, I'd eventually get it. If JH-7 would be possbile, I'd be more interested in that as far as modern-ish Chinese aircraft go. I like strike planes, that's why. But I doubt that it is likely either.

Now, I'd prefer to get some Chinese aircraft but, I wouldn't say no to Chinese Flankers either, because we are very unlikely to get Russian ones, and I'd love a full fidelity modern Flanker. I just love Flankers, can't help it :P. Any of Chinese "indigenous" ones, or even the Su-30MKK would be cool to see, though, again, I don't think these are very likely either.

Finally, something no one considers so far: JF-17 is, in a way, arguably more of a Pakistani aircraft than Chinese. If other mainly Pakistan operated aircraft are possible, I'd love, love, LOVE the idea of Mirage III and Mirage V ROSE program upgrades in DCS :P Don't see them happening, but hey, a man can dream :D!

Sorry to post this like a year later, but from what I can find, test pilots think that early J-8I is at least as capable in dogfights as contemporary J-7 (with better acceleration and deceleration, better manevourability in the vertical plane but poorer rolling capabilities), and J-8II fixed the rolling issues. While it certainly has a main function as an interceptor, J-8 can dogfight... somewhat (in the sence that it's not the flying brick that mig-25 is):smilewink:

Sorry to post this like a year later, but from what I can find, test pilots think that early J-8I is at least as capable in dogfights as contemporary J-7 (with better acceleration and deceleration, better manevourability in the vertical plane but poorer rolling capabilities), and J-8II fixed the rolling issues. While it certainly has a main function as an interceptor, J-8 can dogfight... somewhat (in the sence that it's not the flying brick that mig-25 is):smilewink:

I wonder about G limits though. Based on variant on source G limit is either almost 7 or almost 5( http://www.globalmil.com/military/air_force/china/fighter/2017/0218/398.html), here it is based on altitude, which makes me wonder if it is like JF-17/Su-27/MiG-29 in being limited in G at transonic speeds

I wonder about G limits though. Based on variant on source G limit is either almost 7 or almost 5( http://www.globalmil.com/military/air_force/china/fighter/2017/0218/398.html), here it is based on altitude, which makes me wonder if it is like JF-17/Su-27/MiG-29 in being limited in G at transonic speeds

Yep, as far as the data available to me, the Maximum G for J-8 is about 5, and for J-8II is about 6.9 if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this supposed J-8II model made by Deka.

If I remember, J-8F is the only variant with 2 wing fence.

If so, that means the model is already made.

That means we have high hope of getting J-8F

Китайская команда разрабатывает истребитель J-8II. В будущем команда хочет стать официальным сторонним разработчиком DCS.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155783&stc=1&d=1485512159

attachment.php?attachmentid=155784&stc=1&d=1485512159

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASM for Su-27 in DCS

I just found this supposed J-8II model made by Deka.

If I remember, J-8F is the only variant with 2 wing fence.

If so, that means the model is already made.

That means we have high hope of getting J-8F

If you go on their Facebook around 2017/2018, you will find photos of a trip to Topeka Kansas to photograph the remaining fuselage of the Peace Pearl project J-8 with F-16 Radar. Not sure how that would work as a module, but I think any J-8 variant would be very fun, wether it only has heat seekers or BVR it’s ability to go Mach 2 at 20000 meters should hopefully get a lot of people out of those low altitudes and start hunting around online fast and high

J-8 looks like a modified Mig-21 and it does not have interesting loadout options. Also considering it came out around same time as F-15, it will not even be able to compete in DCS.

Hopefully Deka is working on something more unique or interesting.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED