• J-5A
    • J-6III
    • J-7G
    • J-8E
    • J-8F
    • Q-5III
    • Q-5D
    • H-5

J-7G looks very interesting, although i have no idea about the other chinese fighters.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Wishing for a J-10 is...hoping too much...coz it is China's latest backbone fighter and its 4th gen plane, at least the latest versions. China like Russia is very secretive. We dont even have those blueforce British jets...

The only realistic possibles from China is as follows:

JH-7 - Still in service but not that groundbreaking jet...

J-8 series (limited service..being replaced by J-10)

J-11B and J-15 could be possible ( Updated Sukhoi that can at least even the odds against Blueforce)

Edited by jojyrocks

JH-7 - Still in service but not that groundbreaking jet...A Chinese version of British Jaguar.

)

lol, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.:lol:

I guess when you become successful, everybody wants to share a piece of glory.

Edited by J-20

lol, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.:lol:

I guess when you become successful, everybody wants to share a piece of glory.

I did not mean it in a literal sense. Recorrected

Its role however...is similar to that of the British Jaguar. Its focus is on ground attack.

JH-7 - Still in service but not that groundbreaking jet...

I disagree, it'd be something very special in DCS since it's basically the capability of an F-15E or SU-34. It'd be an absolute beast at a/g.

That said, I would guess it falls into the same category of aircraft as the J-10/J-11B/J-15, it's too new for them to be able to make. Maybe a late version of a Q-5 would be a lot more likely.

I disagree, it'd be something very special in DCS since it's basically the capability of an F-15E or SU-34. It'd be an absolute beast at a/g.

That said, I would guess it falls into the same category of aircraft as the J-10/J-11B/J-15, it's too new for them to be able to make. Maybe a late version of a Q-5 would be a lot more likely.

I almost forgot the Q-5 Fantan...its retired so maybe.

It was there in the DCS roadmap changelog of J-11B possibility. J-15...maybe not so much, but its isn't as fresh as the J-10.

The only impossibility would be J-10 as its the current backbone fighter of China replacing the J-8.

JH-7 does not seem to be that advanced to that of the J-10 league.

I just saw this thing in the "thread tool" section. It allows me to put my own poll in for this thread I made. This is awesome. I never I knew there was such function in the thread.

So I have just added a poll, please cast your vote :)

Any particular reason for Q-5III? How many were there? Whenever I look it up there’s way more Q-5 variations then I expect

If I remember correctly, Q-5III is the most iconic as it is the most mass produced. Plus, there are more nations which purchased it than any other variants, so players who purchase it can use it to run more different scenarios.

Edited by J-20

I see it was a response to 1996 Taiwan Strait crisis?

Yep, that's what wiki tells us at least.

As far as I know, Q-5D is the last Q-5 variant which entered services.

There are E and F variant, but didn't enter service. Basically, to this point, Q-5's potential had been explored fully, there isn't any place left to fit more tech on.

Since the military wanted to have a precision strike attacker, some engineer made E and F variant. Because there weren't enough space to fit the equipment, so each variant were only fitted with half of the device. The E variant was fit with the laser targeting device while the F variant was fitted with the laser receiver or whatever the name was. Basically, E variant will paint the target for F variant to drop the precision bombs. After military saw this bizarre arrangement, they told the engineer "never mind, we will just use the JH-7 then". lol That was why E and F didn't enter the service.

Edited by J-20

Thank you for the blurb! I keep seeing references of Doppler navigation on the D, would be fun. I’m also not sure if those two variants have the bomb bay filled with a fuel tank? Seems like it was done to some of the pretty early variants without looking back. If anyone has flown the MiG-19P I’m sure 70% increase in fuel would be very welcome

4B12A83F-7E0E-432D-8A5C-FDBA0E0517BB.jpeg.1aa1de167dca4085651e970ce2d1d5f4.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg