• J-5A
    • J-6III
    • J-7G
    • J-8E
    • J-8F
    • Q-5III
    • Q-5D
    • H-5

J-8 looks like a modified Mig-21 and it does not have interesting loadout options. Also considering it came out around same time as F-15, it will not even be able to compete in DCS.

Hopefully Deka is working on something more unique or interesting.

heheheh, I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Judging by all those comments you made before, I'd say you never actually took any time to research in Chinese planes. So please take some time to research before making comments like "J-8 looks like XXX", planes aren't defined by what they look like. In fact, all planes look the same, they all have 1 to 2 engines and 2 pairs of wings (except for mirage). Humans look like monkeys, so??

If you are too lazy to research on those topics before commenting, at least show some common decency to not show your bigotry towards Chinese.

If you go on their Facebook around 2017/2018, you will find photos of a trip to Topeka Kansas to photograph the remaining fuselage of the Peace Pearl project J-8 with F-16 Radar. Not sure how that would work as a module, but I think any J-8 variant would be very fun, wether it only has heat seekers or BVR it’s ability to go Mach 2 at 20000 meters should hopefully get a lot of people out of those low altitudes and start hunting around online fast and high

You really enjoy dragging people up. lol

heheheh, I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Judging by all those comments you made before, I'd say you never actually took any time to research in Chinese planes. So please take some time to research before making comments like "J-8 looks like XXX", planes aren't defined by what they look like. In fact, all planes look the same, they all have 1 to 2 engines and 2 pairs of wings (except for mirage). Humans look like monkeys, so??

If you are too lazy to research on those topics before commenting, at least show some common decency to not show your bigotry towards Chinese.

Apologies for hurting your pride but research screams the design was "inspired" by Mig-21 and Su-15. Of course I did not look for your bias versions of news journal research but the facts are shown in the jet's cockpit design and overall body silhouette.

You are clearly outright defensive when it comes to these "inspired" jets. Making them seem far greater than they really are. Even their combat history is either non existent or mediocre at best.

I hope Deka produces a more realistic and capable jet than your exaggerated representations in this forum.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Apologies for hurting your pride but research screams the design was "inspired" by Mig-21 and Su-15. Of course I did not look for your bias versions of news journal research but the facts are shown in the jet's cockpit design and overall body silhouette.

You are clearly outright defensive when it comes to these "inspired" jets. Making them seem far greater than they really are. Even their combat history is either non existent or mediocre at best.

I hope Deka produces a more realistic and capable jet than your exaggerated representations in this forum.

"Bias"? "Making them seem far greater"?

I wasn't the one who claimed that just because Russian did $3 million worth of testing job on a helicopter, so that helicopter is "Russian designed".

J-8 may have been "inspired" by MiG-21, but it has nothing to do with Su-15. This claim clearly showed that you had no knowledge of the topic that you are commenting on.

When others were talking about J-8F, you jumped in and claim that was designed at the same time as F-15. Clearly, you don't know what you were talking about. You just vomit whatever you feel which fit your presumptive feelings. I don't expect a bigot to research into something that doesn't fit his bigotry presumption. But at least think before you talk.

You hope Deka produces more realistic plane then my exaggerated version? hahahaha

Dude, the JF-17 in DCS is far more powerful than what I originally claimed to be on this forum.

If any, my info were holding back, not exaggeration. If you think about it, it make sense, since all of my info were declassified info that were allowed to be released to the public.

It's not that my info were exaggeration, it was you who has wrong presumption.

Edited by J-20

J-8 looks like a modified Mig-21 and it does not have interesting loadout options. Also considering it came out around same time as F-15, it will not even be able to compete in DCS.

Hopefully Deka is working on something more unique or interesting.

The J-8 shares a similar configuration with the Mig-21 in the same way that the Su-7, 9, 11 and 15, or the EE lightning, do. Other than that, it's a completely different plane.

Being only an interceptor I don't disagree that it's highly specialized though.

"Bias"? "Making them seem far greater"?

I wasn't the one who claimed that just because Russian did $3 million worth of testing job on a helicopter, so that helicopter is "Russian designed".

J-8 may have been "inspired" by MiG-21, but it has nothing to do with Su-15. This claim clearly showed that you had no knowledge of the topic that you are commenting on.

When others were talking about J-8F, you jumped in and claim that was designed at the same time as F-15. Clearly, you don't know what you were talking about. You just vomit whatever you feel which fit your presumptive feelings. I don't expect a bigot to research into something that doesn't fit his bigotry presumption. But at least think before you talk.

You hope Deka produces more realistic plane then my exaggerated version? hahahaha

Dude, the JF-17 in DCS is far more powerful than what I originally claimed to be on this forum.

If any, my info were holding back, not exaggeration. If you think about it, it make sense, since all of my info were declassified info that were allowed to be released to the public.

It's not that my info were exaggeration, it was you who has wrong presumption.

Yes, yes. I have read your posts in the past. Most information you provide is from news journals which get proven wrong in the forms. Quite a lot of your posts get deleted because you start attacking people.

This large bloated text is just you sharing your opinion but in rather agressive manner. I have made my statements based on public released information and development history articles since official information or document regarding these machines are either manufactrurer bias with no real data provided or military secret.

If you have any facts instead of flavoured opinions, I will acknowledge them when presented. Currently, I stand by what I have said regarding J-8. The design choice of this airframe is "inspired".

Sure, it has changed quite a bit over time regarding what it contains internally but then again same can be said about many version of Mig-21 which other countries operate.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Yes, yes. I have read your posts in the past. Most information you provide is from news journals which get proven wrong in the forms. Quite a lot of your posts get deleted because you start attacking people.

This large bloated text is just you sharing your opinion but in rather agressive manner. I have made my statements based on public released information and development history articles since official information or document regarding these machines are either manufactrurer bias with no real data provided or military secret.

If you have any facts instead of flavoured opinions, I will acknowledge them when presented. Currently, I stand by what I have said regarding J-8. The design choice of this airframe is "inspired".

Sure, it has changed quite a bit over time regarding what it contains internally but then again same can be said about many version of Mig-21 which other countries operate.

Which info I provided were proven wrong?

Yes, some of my comments were deleted because when people who were being racists I called them out on that. I still have admin's message to prove that.

I think it was your info were proven wrong. Like $3 million dollar russian job made a helicopter a russia design. And J-10 being Lavi. The first one who claim that was Jane's and they deleted that article because they can't provide evident. That was very much the end of story. Go to Jane's website and search J-10 or Lavi and see if that article still there. Making sensitional statement without evident to back up can be bad for business like the Jane's. The best part was even Israel deny it.

You can stand by whatever you said regarding whatever come out of your head, doesn't make your info true. My 3 year old nephew stand by his statement that megatrone is more powerful than optimal prime. hehehe, so cute, he still does, more importantly, he still believe I and everyone else care about what he thinks on that matter.

Do you even know how big J-8 is compare to MiG-21? And you claim just some, here are your own words: "internal change like many version of MiG-21 which other countries operate"? hehehe.

Do you know how much aerodynamic change occur with you change the wings or change internally that affects center gravity? And now we are even talking about a plane that is 50% longer, 10% wider with nearly double the wing area and 2 gaint engines. I suppose some people would call that "just a bit internal change like many version of MiG-21 which other countries operate". hehehehe You are living in your own delusional little world.

Secondly, I don't remember I ever said J-8 wasn't inspired by MiG-21. In fact my original words were "It may had been inspired by MiG-21, but it had nothing to do with Su-15". So stop playing word game here like 2 year old.

You don't know what you are talking about. You don't know what J-8F is.

Edited by J-20

Let’s calm down, but if we are going to discuss J-8 inspiration, I’m surprised no one has mentioned MiG-23 lol. That folding ventral fin screams Flogger.

There’s quite a few places that report the J-8 as being designed to use upscaled J-7 parts, https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/j-8.htm, yeah the J-8 might have different role and purpose then J-7/MiG-21 but it seems pretty clear to me the comparison is slightly warranted

The J-8 is a melting pot of a few things, the first completely indigenous design that was bridge between Russian derived planes and Chinese. It was made during the Sino Soviet split, I don’t think Shenyang had much choice other then to use a lot of J-7 parts that were upscaled

I don’t think it’s an unkind comparison, or that many people here mean it to be unkind to J-8 or Shenyang

I think it says something that it is so highly requested among Chinese planes, that it would have enough unique characteristics in DCS to be worth it

I’m sure if we were to open up J-8, we would find an upscaled ARU system in that spine for example

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Let’s calm down, but if we are going to discuss J-8 inspiration, I’m surprised no one has mentioned MiG-23 lol.

That's why I was saying that he doesn't know what he was talking about. I doubt he even bothered to read at least the Wikipedia page on the topic.

Felt like he was just venting whatever he feel the J-8 should be like. He felt that J-8 must be a variant of MiG-21 with some internal changes just because he felt that it looks like a MiG-21.

Also judging by what he was saying, I don't think he knew that J-8 and J-8II series are 2 distinctive planes.

Edited by J-20

That's why I was saying that he doesn't know what he was talking about. I doubt he even bothered to read at least the Wikipedia page on the topic.

Felt like he was just venting whatever he feel the J-8 should be like.

Also judging by what he was saying, I don't think he knew that J-8 and J-8II series are 2 distinctive planes.

You are simply trying very hard to find differences. I never discussed anything about its capabilities. It is not a unique looking jet. What does it do that the opposion cannot? Please educate me on what the unique functions of J-8 and J-8II line are which make it stand out from the other jets from same era.

You are simply trying very hard to find differences. I never discussed anything about its capabilities. It is not a unique looking jet. What does it do that the opposion cannot? Please educate me on what the unique functions of J-8 and J-8II line are which make it stand out from the other jets from same era.

You really couldn't just admit that you are wrong, don't you boy?

First was about J-8 is just mig21, when that didn't work, all of sudden it's about not having the unique capability. I think that very much showed us your mindset.

What F-16 has that F-18 doesn't? Why we need F-16? What can MiG-21 do that F-4 can't? Why do we need MiG-21?

We buy those planes because we enjoy being in the pilots' shoes, and experience what they experience. We don't have a pure intercepted in DCS yet (unless you count P-47, hehehe). J-8 would be a great opportunity for us to experience 90s' interceptor pilot's life, their tactics.

If it is J-8F we are talking about, it has a X band DP radar. and It uses PL-12, PL-8, and PL-9 for AA combat. All of those missiles are better than what JF-17 has. Most of its AG weapons can be delivered by JF-17 so they are not unique to J-8, with one exception and that is the Kh-31 series.

We also enjoy getting to know a plane's unique flight characters, not just weapon delivery. We enjoy flight itself.

By the way, I thought you are the one should be research on the topic yourself, not making weird comments and demand others to fill you in. Now go to your mother and cry her a river.

I mean it all depends on time frame and plane set. For J-8F I believe it’s a pretty similar radar to JF-17 but big antenna. It has a lot of downsides but that’s because it’s very strictly a single role interceptor, meant to patrol a large area with high altitude speed and range

But if we ever get it, I’ll be the first to show you how capable it can be in any time frame when you see PL-12 being launched at 20000 meters and Mach 2 doing 100km shots:)

It even has a pretty good thrust to weight, 7G limit, would be interesting to find out just how good it is, and convince people to fight at higher altitudes!

It is still in service as well, and always occupies a pretty important spot in Chinese museums as a mile stone in indigenous design, so it’s pretty iconic in China as far as fighters go. I mean one of biggest criticisms I remember of JF-17 when the DCS module was announced was that it wasn’t iconic enough:)

I would fly it a lot, but I understand if others aren’t attracted to it’s single role or if Deka avoids it out of fear it wouldn’t sell well

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

If DEKA really do end up developing it. It will be interesting to see how capable it really is. Long fuselage, short wings and twin engines. It will probably hold up at high speed but I doubt it will be doing any advanced maneuvers. This is definately not a dedicated fighter.

I have no doubt that updated weapons will perform well. Not so sure about the aircraft though. I do not know the reason behind why China still operates them. Were they ever used in any large scale war? I honestly cannot find much about its operational history.

The only interceptor I can think of which looks identical is Su-15, however, J-8F was introduced around the time when Mig-31 and F-14 had already been out for way longer. Those two are iconic jets. They even have dedicated weapons designed for long range engagements. J-8F just looks like a low budget fighter that was modified to perform multirole tasks to keep it relevant still.

I certainly cannot imagine it is even near JF-17 level of overall performance. Especially considering how both are low budget jets. But those are just my opinions based on what has been posted about the jet here and what I could find online. I certainly do not hold enough information or historical knowledge to give out any facts and so far I am not impressed with what it is capable of.

Edited by Terrorban
Grammar & Typos

Terroband, China still fields J-8s because like Russia, it believes in numbers...

so maybe its not the best platform for the job, but all the fancy SU´s and F 22 and 35 will be depleated in the first month of a real shooting all out war...

what then?

Now back on Topic.. to me Any and all would be a firs day buy. This designs give me something no american design can give me now: Learning something New, new Tecniques, new weapons, new tactics....

The F series have been done sinde 1980 serveral times now ;) Give me chineese, give me european, give me diversity...

Edited by Baco

Seems a bit rude to pour water over the J-8 announcement

Its no J-11 but we're still sure to enjoy it same way we do F-5s and the like

I'm personally happy to see a unique PLAAF Workhorse being added to DCS as the Asian theater doesn't get much love in modern combat simming

Is anyone familiar with what type of A2A load can we expect?

Will it be R-73/77/27 compatible?

Will it use PL-11/5/12/8s?

What radar will it have?

Does it have an HMS?

If it can use R-27R & PL-11s it will be real fun pitting it against MiG-23s on coldwar servers

Maybe we can get a J-7 too at some point and have some east v east scenarios for a change lol

Rather tired of this NATO vs NATO stuff

I'm personally happy to see a unique PLAAF Workhorse being added to DCS as the Asian theater doesn't get much love in modern combat simming

What radar will it have?

Does it have an HMS?

If it can use R-27R & PL-11s it will be real fun pitting it against MiG-23s on coldwar servers

Maybe we can get a J-7 too at some point and have some east v east scenarios for a change lol

Depend on which version we are getting.

If it is the J-8F we are hoping for, then it has a JL-8A x-band doppler pulse radar with 75km (some source says 70km) range for fighter size target.

AA loadout will be PL-12 for BVR, PL-7, 8, and 9 for BWR. There is some source indicator it might be Russian missile compatible, but we can't confirm it, because no photo ever showed such loadout.

AG loadout includes....... I don't remember the name, sorry.

Basically, the laser-guided bomb and GPS guided glider bomb we have on JF-17, plus the Kh-31 series.

• ED Team

Hi all

I should not have to remind you all but I will, please remember we have rules here on the forum.

Treat everyone with respect

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

I should not have to remind you all but I will, please remember we have rules here on the forum.

Treat everyone with respect

thanks

Sorry I was being too honest. :lol:

Won't happen again.

Edited by J-20

What radar will it have?

Does it have an HMS?

Announcement? There hasn’t been any announcement. We are just speculating, it’s been mentioned before by Deka and won this poll, so it’s a likely candidate

If it’s original J-8 though, it may have long pretty neck but it will only have heatseekers:megalol:

And for J-8II/F, I think it only carries 2x PL-12 along with four heatseekers, will have to make them BVR ammo count like Mirage or Pakistani Jeff:)

Two of the heat seeker pylons can carry fuel tanks, and the center line can carry fuel or bombs like LS-6.

PL-8/9 should be noticeably better then PL-5, bigger motor greater range better maneuverability larger longer range seeker, it could probably make some good fox 2 shots at high altitude and speed. There’s a reason they are so hesitant to export them!

Edited by AeriaGloria

If they do end up making J-8, I doubt it will be the version that is in service still. Time will tell. I will buy this or any jet which DEKA release to support them but since the development of a module takes so long to complete, I though a jet with bigger hype would make sense. Then again, it seems like people here really like it so maybe it will sell like hot cakes if it offers modern weapons.

Edited by Terrorban
Added more text.

If it is the J-8 series. I do hope it is the modern one to fit in with the current jets, and even still the most latest of J-8 are being phased out in favour of the J-10 which is their current mainstay frontline fighter.

Well, whichever version they CAN get their hands on with the J-8. If they can do a J-17. Surely the latest variant of J-8 or close to it can be done.

but isnt much of the information for the jf-17 sourced from pakistan, not china? that would make your logic pretty unsound.

All of info for DCS: JF-17 is from Chinese sources. This is why all our weapons are Chinese and none are Pakistani. The real difference is J-8 not being an export, their was the Zhuk radar F-8 with Russian weapons meant for export, and the Peace Pearl project in 80s to add F-16 radar but stopped for obvious reasons in 1989. Deka even went to Topeka Kansas to photograph the remaining Peace Pearl fuselage

but isnt much of the information for the jf-17 sourced from pakistan, not china? that would make your logic pretty unsound.

That's why I kept saying J-8 model of WHICHEVER modern variant they CAN get their hands on. Well...whichever variant that is doable for them. Most J-8s are BEING REPLACED fully. Its in very limited service.

Is it even confirmed that the next jet is a J-8?