Would you PAY the People Working on the Ground Texture Mods?

Boneski

Would you PAY the People Working on the Ground Texture Mods?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you PAY the People Working on the Ground Texture Mods?

• HELL YEAH, I'M NO FREE LOADING TRICK! I'M RICH B!TCH
    • HELL NO, FREE IS BETTER FOR ME!

You really need to appreciate appreciation more. That's the kind of remark a child would make, if some one says thanks and shows no reward it does not mean they don't truly appreciate it.

A reward is not a required bi-product of appreciation.

Okay, Thanks.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Phoenix has a point:

Pourquoi pas si on poursuis la logique demandй qu'on paye, pour un conseil ou une aide demande sur les forum ????

Logically - if modders should get paid because "..True Appreciation of Effort is rewarded with much more" why not Ironhand for his tutorials ? He devotes his time to those doesn't he ?

I know why you suggested it boneski, but it's a slippery slope that leads to the destruction of community.

Cheers.

Donations would work best, If someone truly creates top notch mods like Ironhand then he should be rewarded.

However if money were to be made a lot of people could be making a lot of junk that is low quality and just fills a website with worthless addons. have seen this before. If such a site existed where you can download mods and donate to your fav modder then it needs a sort option so all the junk is at the bottom and the good stuff can be found quickly. Things need to be sorted by popularity.

But then again the possibility for some one to make a little extra on the side may motivate some modelers who have real talent.

Guess I am split on this one, the donate button sounds like a reasonable compramise. I definately would give money to some of the modders if the option existed.

If you get some thing for free does it have any value? If you check at Lock on files you will see very little feed back let alone any ratings or thank yous. Even on this site I made a suggestion that we get together and at least buy Walmis some beers for all of his hard work on the F-15 model not one other person posted in agreement as i recall a lot of thanks but to actually buy a beer for the guy no.Any one seen him lately? Personally I think quality work should be payed for in some manner such as donations.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

If you get some thing for free does it have any value? If you check at Lock on files you will see very little feed back let alone any ratings or thank yous. Even on this site I made a suggestion that we get together and at least buy Walmis some beers for all of his hard work on the F-15 model not one other person posted in agreement as i recall a lot of thanks but to actually buy a beer for the guy no.Any one seen him lately? Personally I think quality work should be payed for in some manner such as donations.

Well, I got my life for free in the first place.

I work in spare time as a "free lancer". And some people asks me why I am not charging more for what I do. Well, besides the fact that asking more money or money in the first place (in case of friends) puts you imidiately in a debt, asking for more moneys would mean that I have to accept that people are bad and can't apreciate my work in anything else that a stupid curency.

This: "Just ask some money and go away" is not my thing.

I understand you that could be very frustrating to do something for others and not get the exact amount of apreciation that your vanity desire (maybe sounds harsh but, I am guilty of the same, maybe all of us) but, surendering to money is nothing more than a loss. What is money? A beer? A salamy? A more colorful and advertised salamy? Is a salamy or a bag of them for that matter worth a new F-15 model? Or the fact that at least one guy in Romania shows to his friends a plane that looks amasingly good in a game and says... "Hey, you know... this is not the original model... is remade by a guy named Walmis. " and they answer... "man, looks like the real thing indeed". Now, think that is not just one guy in Romania... They are many all over the world.

compare this with eating some slices of a brand new salamy... rontz, rontz...

"Where, do you have this F-15?"

"Oh... I bought it over the net"

"Aha"

"Man... 60 000 polys for a good salamy... but it's tasty"

...I don't know... maybe is just me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guest Dr. Shocker
Even on this site I made a suggestion that we get together and at least buy Walmis some beers for all of his hard work on the F-15 model not one other person posted in agreement as i recall a lot of thanks but to actually buy a beer for the guy no.

You're mistaken. There were lots of thankyou's and when he lost his work in an h/d crash, many members of the community got together to discuss buying him the software to reclaim the model to continue with it.

Yes I have read about the soft ware dont know if it wass ever bought but that was not the example did any one compensate in any way for the original work?

zaelu Ya bud and your mom and dad payed for your life. ah crap I forgot free health care there Point take and as i recall i have helped you for free and you did thank me the point is on a material thing I don't think you going to get free salamy or a free beer any time soon Welcome to the EU

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

:D, yup free healthcare was in action when I was born... red times. My mom nearly died back then and I lost any chance of having brothers. But this could happen these days even if you pay (and you pay that your arse hurts for years).

We learned that comunism was big bad wolf and we embraced blindly capitalism and now we are ready to reap each others skin off. We are alienating slowly from what comunity meant... now is a que at the supermarket paypoints, separated even there by the overloaded baskets.

Sorry for my kinda chit chat rant but I strongly believe not everything should be on shelfs. And these refuges like gaming comunities should fight this "temptation".

Thanks from a friend would not buy any salamy, true that but, trying to make a living among your friends (as "customers") bring many problems... and that salamy could get hard to swallow no matter how much you chew ;) .

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Would you PAY the People Working on the Ground Texture

??????????

I thought i did as i bought Flaming Cliffs who made the ground :megalol::megalol::thumbup::smartass::P:doh::doh::doh::doh::megalol::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]