[RESOLVED]Game freeze every 15 seconds

CaptJackG

• ED Team

When you are having problems always try to run DCS with as little going on in the background as possible. If you have programmes that can be shut down do it you may find it helps.

Antivirus can often create problems, I only use microsoft defender but I have added my dcs install folders to the exclusion list.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
BIGNEWY

Thanks again, will try. Had DCS since Lock On times, but only started experiencing this annoying problem these past 2 or 3 days. Will try and run the game with everything shut down.

Thanks for sticking with us since lockon :thumbup:

Do you know if something has changed in that time, a windows update or a new driver? Something that maybe the root cause.

Did you add any unofficial mods or tweaks?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for sticking with us since lockon :thumbup:

Do you know if something has changed in that time, a windows update or a new driver? Something that maybe the root cause.

Did you add any unofficial mods or tweaks?

For me the problem occurred after the latest windows update, haven't installed any other program or mod. Like sabre.86, dcs was always running very smooth until yesterday.

Hello Bignewy

You can see my post at the start of this topic what my game is doing. Up till a few days ago it was working great then after an Win update I start getting the freeze. I've found out that the longer I stay in the longer the freeze gets. I tried turning off the AV (I use Webroot) with no change in the problem.

Here is a log from a flight today in single player and an earlier trk file from multiplayer

PG Training Mission-20190912-221940.trk

Edited by CaptJackG

FWIW, I run in ULTRA Mode ( 0 ) and it's fine so far.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Just want to check in that i also have the same issue. it showed up after windows updates and i cannot get it fixed. Tried removing the updates and applied the low latency tip in nvidia settings. also installed the latest nvidia drivers but no succes.

i7-2600k, 16gb RAM, gtx1080.

When you are having problems always try to run DCS with as little going on in the background as possible. If you have programmes that can be shut down do it you may find it helps.

Antivirus can often create problems, I only use microsoft defender but I have added my dcs install folders to the exclusion list.

Just an update, I excluded my antivirus, removed any back prgrammes which also included TrackIR, it only froze twice, once during an explosion and another in the beginning, during a 10 minute flight.

Afterwords I ran the game again this time included the TrackIR and the game started doing the usual one second freeze. If TrackIR does not accentuate the freeze, could it be the one causing it?

Tried the two configurations a number of times with similar results.

OK, I've done a short test so far. I disabled Malwarebytes and no freezing now. I now wonder if the Win update has bugged Malwarebytes that has bugged DCS that has bugged me. That is a lot of bugging and debugging. I sure hope this fixes it.

Edited by CaptJackG

• ED Team

Great to hear all,

and thanks for sharing with us all. :thumbup:

• ED Team
I excluded DCS from Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and the problem is gone on my end, too. It shouldn't be necessary to totally disable it.

Agreed, I only use windows defender but dont have this issue.

If it is specific to Malwarebytes I wonder what is the root cause, does it have a real time protection component and is it that?

• ED Team
Yeah, it has real time protection, but I didn't specifically disable that. All I did was exclude my DCS folder. Maybe its real time protection actively scans running programs (unless they're excluded)?

That would be my guess also

• ED Team

I have made this a sticky thread as it seems to be helping many users.

If you don't have malwarebytes but are having issues it is worth excluding the DCS folder from your antivirus, it may help.

Thanks