FSSB R3 Lighting

Uncle

I cant seem to get any of my bottons on my warthog stick to function as a modifier. Is there a trick to this?

"Easy and clean" way - without use external software: in DCS controls GUI assign the button (e.g. pinky) as "modifier".

Modifiers.jpg

And for the command that you want modified, when assign press the "pinky" plus the other button.

Edited by Sokol1_br

"Easy and clean" way - without use external software: in DCS controls GUI assign the button (e.g. pinky) as "modifier".

Modifiers.jpg

And for the command that you want modified, when assign press the "pinky" plus the other button.

Just to mention, on step 3 you have to manually choose the device you want the modifier, notice the screenshot read "CH pedals", so if you don´t change that or the particular device DCS is showing, it won´t register the binding.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Are you guys running any curves, deadzone etc.on the fssb for the F16?

I am not using any curve with the F-16C, deadzones 3. Still in the testing stage so this might change. Haven't done any difficult stuff like AAR, just learning the system, flying around with both 2D and VR setup, landing, bombing, testing joystick config, etc.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hey... I know how to use modifiers in DCS, but seems like you cant use a modifier on the fssb so i mapped it to my throttle

By default the fssb has a modifier too, and it includes the paddle. You will need to change the modifier to CMS-Z if you want the paddle as a DCS modifier.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Pretty excited.... ordered mine last night. Lets see how long shipping to the US is....

They ship UPS next day air, but due to custom clearance and UPS being UPS it can take up to a week to get to you.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yes. But you probably will not hear anything else lol. If it's in stock you'll have it in about 4 days if you live in the States. For the F16SGRH I'm still waiting. They build them by hand and I have no idea how long that takes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

@Supmua. How how much force do you put on the stick on average? In other words, how often do you hear it beep either 80-90% of deflection or 100%?. I've set mine up in the Viper to be very responsive once it breaks off center but I tend to torque the hell out it when merged or defending SAMS lol. You've had yours a while now, would you say the internal mounting is still solid? I'm worried about longevity, not because of the product but because of how I use it. There is a script on the Real Simulator forums for sending the beep sounds through the headset but I haven't gotten it to work. I'm not exactly sure how to identify if my stick is seen by windows as 0 or 1 or whatever. That would definitely help me be more aware of my inputs. It's hard to break old habits!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

FSSB R3 Lighting

@Supmua. How how much force do you put on the stick on average? In other words, how often do you hear it beep either 80-90% of deflection or 100%?. I've set mine up in the Viper to be very responsive once it breaks off center but I tend to torque the hell out it when merged or defending SAMS lol. You've had yours a while now, would you say the internal mounting is still solid? I'm worried about longevity, not because of the product but because of how I use it. There is a script on the Real Simulator forums for sending the beep sounds through the headset but I haven't gotten it to work. I'm not exactly sure how to identify if my stick is seen by windows as 0 or 1 or whatever. That would definitely help me be more aware of my inputs. It's hard to break old habits!

For some reason you need apply more force with the Viper module during fast rolls, that’s why I don’t use any curve. You can even try negative curve and play with other parameters such as roll assist etc to see what works best for you. I think this will be fine tuned by the Realsim guys. I have no flight experience so I have no idea what or how it is supposed to behave, but those guys do.

I haven’t done extensive flying with the Viper since I don’t think it is quite ready for me to invest a lot of time into it. Going to wait for a patch or two before I jump in.

The FSSB R3L is treated by windows as 2 devices due to the amount of inputs so it can be confusing since the name is the exact same, one device has axis control the other doesn’t. The F-16SGRH is treated the same way (2 devices). When you use both the Joy.cpl and DCS get populated with 4 extra devices, lol.

Edited by Supmua

I haven’t done extensive flying with the Viper since I don’t think it is quite ready for me to invest a lot of time into it. Going to wait for a patch or two before I jump in.

The FSSB R3L is treated by windows as 2 devices due to the amount of inputs so it can be confusing since the name is the exact same, one device has axis control the other doesn’t. The F-16SGRH is treated the same way (2 devices). When you use both the Joy.cpl and DCS get populated with 4 extra devices, lol.

I have both pitch and roll set to -18 for the Viper right now. I had to lower the amount of pressure needed to move the "jet" in all respects from my settings in the Hornet. The odd part is I see the stick in the Viper moving its full 1/4" deflection but the jet hardly moved. As you've said this is most noticeable in the roll rate. Therefore I don't see it as an FSSB issue but a Viper issue. I'll paste my current settings for the Viper this evening. While flying the Viper on our wing server last night I had just taken out two M2000's when a 2 ship of 27's spawned in about 50 miles away and hot. I was down to 1 slammer so I closed with them, fired on the lead 27 and hauled ass to Khasab, Winchester except for guns. Of course the 27 gave chase so I ducked in and out of the mountains to to deny him a missile WEZ as long as possible. Finally he was within 2 miles and I turned into him expecting to get shot it the face but he didn't fox. Then we began a 5 minute long turning fight in which I somehow scored some gun hits on him. Once I reversed on him I never lost my positioning. It was an epic turning fight in both the vertical and horizontal. My gun shots didn't kill him before I ran out so I stayed on his 6 for so long he eventually leveled out and headed home! lol I've never had that happen! There's no way the 18 could have stayed in that fight. I would never have been able to regain energy when the 27 would crank on the G's to bleed speed. So, I'm liking my current settings :D I'm just afraid I'm going to break the FSSB!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone compare the FSSB R3 versus high end "normal" bases like the VKB Gunfighter Mk II etc?

In addition to flight sims, I play space sims. My biggest issue with my FSSB R3's (HOSAS) is that in situations like dogfight that constant aim/pressure is required (fixed gimbals/weapons), it really gets tiring. Also, not knowing exactly when the "limit" of the control is reached isn't intuitive like it is with a regular moving joystick limit.

I have two VKB Kosmosima's on Gunfighter Mk. II bases inbound to compare versus my FSSB R3's.

Any thoughts?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Anyone compare the FSSB R3 versus high end "normal" bases like the VKB Gunfighter Mk II etc?

In addition to flight sims, I play space sims. My biggest issue with my FSSB R3's (HOSAS) is that in situations like dogfight that constant aim/pressure is required (fixed gimbals/weapons), it really gets tiring. Also, not knowing exactly when the "limit" of the control is reached isn't intuitive like it is with a regular moving joystick limit.

I have two VKB Kosmosima's on Gunfighter Mk. II bases inbound to compare versus my FSSB R3's.

Any thoughts?

I can't see me using the FSSB for anything other than a FBW or modern fighter aircraft. As you say it's just not intuitive for me. I don't have an issue with the weight but aiming gun shots in a space environment seems like it would be very difficult if there's no play in the stick. I'd switch back to the Warthog. Although I've been looking at the Kosmosima lol. I just don't fly anything other than DCS right now. Also, Elite Dangerous just doesn't do it for me which is odd. In the late 90's I flew Freespace 2 online as much or more than that other Viper sim. That game was EPIC!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My current settings. Slot 2 is the Hornet and slot 3 is the Viper. For the Hornet I don't change any curves or saturation. For the Viper I use -10 Pitch Curve and 90 X Saturation. For Roll I use -18 Curve and 90 X saturation.

I was able to get the script running the ports the deflection limit beeps into the headset. It's already working to break me torquing too hard on the stick. It's annoying as hell lol. Very cool though. If we only had a Grippen module!

I went to control panel/hardware settings/right click on FSSB and choose gaming controller settings. When you do it brings up a box with all your controllers in a list. From top down they are numbered 0,1,2,3,4 etc. The FSSB was the second down so it's number 1. Simply put that in the script if it isn't zero and run it.

FSSB3%2016_zps7dfndtvs.png

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got my FSSB R3. Took only a few days to get here. Wow.

What a great piece of art it is. Cant wait to try it in the Viper.

Not sure what I should set the pitch and roll sensitivity in pounds. Default 4.33lb roll and 8.50lb pitch seems quite high....

What does the real viper have? Does anybody know?

FSSB R3 Lighting

My current settings. Slot 2 is the Hornet and slot 3 is the Viper. For the Hornet I don't change any curves or saturation. For the Viper I use -10 Pitch Curve and 90 X Saturation. For Roll I use -18 Curve and 90 X saturation.

I was able to get the script running the ports the deflection limit beeps into the headset. It's already working to break me torquing too hard on the stick. It's annoying as hell lol. Very cool though. If we only had a Grippen module!

I went to control panel/hardware settings/right click on FSSB and choose gaming controller settings. When you do it brings up a box with all your controllers in a list. From top down they are numbered 0,1,2,3,4 etc. The FSSB was the second down so it's number 1. Simply put that in the script if it isn't zero and run it.

FSSB3%2016_zps7dfndtvs.png

The new software for the F-16SGRH WITH FSSB R3L will be more sophisticated, not sure if there is a public version yet. You can bind keys directly in there and it will be saved on to the base. There is also option for text overlay so you can see which memory slot you are using while in DCS, as well as voice overlay (with text to speech!). Macro and other types of input are also in the work. The next version will support 8 memory slots on the FSSB R3L.

Right now I use slot 1 for typical operations and slot 2 is for comm input (F1-12) as well as external view and landing for the Hornet. Still not sure what to do with 6 other slots lol.

Edited by Supmua

The new software for the F-16SGRH WITH FSSB R3L will be more sophisticated, not sure if there is a public version yet. You can bind keys directly in there and it will be saved on to the base. There is also option for text overlay so you can see which memory slot you are using while in DCS, as well as voice overlay (with text to speech!). Macro and other types of input are also in the work. The next version will support 8 memory slots on the FSSB R3L.

Right now I use slot 1 for typical operations and slot 2 is for comm input (F1-12) as well as external view and landing for the Hornet. Still not sure what to do with 6 other slots lol.

I, along with others who've been waiting to receive their F16SGRH got an update on Thursday. They should start shipping this week!! Stoked! The reason I bought it mainly was to make up for the loss of switches on the Warthog throttle. I"ve had 3 Cougars in storage forever and out of the three one was still good to go. I bought the TUSBA a couple years ago but almost immediately afterward I tried VR..... The other sim went on the back burner lol. Anyway, the extra switches on the F16SGRH should make up for the lost switches and allow me to ditch the G13 and Razor Tartarus I use as kneeborads lol. Can't wait.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I, along with others who've been waiting to receive their F16SGRH got an update on Thursday. They should start shipping this week!! Stoked! The reason I bought it mainly was to make up for the loss of switches on the Warthog throttle. I"vet had 3 Cougars in storage forever and out of the three one was still good to go. I bought the TUSBA a couple years ago but almost immediately afterward I tried VR..... The other sim went on the back burner lol. Anyway, the extra switches on the F16SGRH should make up for the lost switches and allow me to ditch the G13 and Razor Tartarus I use as kneeborads lol. Can't wait.

Let me know what you think once you get it. I have it on a sim pit wishlist item, but not high priority.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Let me know what you think once you get it. I have it on a sim pit wishlist item, but not high priority.

Will do!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

My beloved FSSB R3L S/N 139 stopped working during the DCS F-16 flight. Flashes red all the time - as if it were at maximum value. I tried calibration, uploading different firmware versions. Nothing helps, it seems that the sensors have been damaged. I sent a failure report to realsimulator and I am waiting for a reply. It worries me that my case is not the only one. Several people on the realsimulator forum have reported similar crashes. I wonder how it is with the durability of these sensors - maybe I found a faulty one. My FSSB worked perfectly for just 11 months :/

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

My beloved FSSB R3L S/N 139 stopped working during the DCS F-16 flight. Flashes red all the time - as if it were at maximum value. I tried calibration, uploading different firmware versions. Nothing helps, it seems that the sensors have been damaged. I sent a failure report to realsimulator and I am waiting for a reply. It worries me that my case is not the only one. Several people on the realsimulator forum have reported similar crashes. I wonder how it is with the durability of these sensors - maybe I found a faulty one. My FSSB worked perfectly for just 11 months :/

I have the same problem after one year of use, in my case was only the Y axis.

After NAP calibration, it seems that X is ok - but it doesn't work as if the Y axis were affecting the X axis - I recorded how my FSSB R3L behaves:

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I saw their response to your post on the RS forum offering a free repair, it sounds like you should just send it in.