VAF Operation Khachapuri V1.0

Welcome To Operation Khachapuri!

attachment.php?attachmentid=216849&stc=1&d=1567879065

NOTE: Mission has been updated to 2.0

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306205/

The Virtual Armed Forces along with our partners the Black Veal Squadron are pleased to announce our first public release of a multi-role muliti-mission dynamic campaign. The campaign is actually a single mission with randomly selected mini missions within the campaign. It also includes CTLD for transporting troops and other assets around the battlefield. The file is available on the digitalcombatsimulator.com website. The campaign contains custom voice over work for all of the available missions.

Any comments, questions or suggestions will be welcome here. If you are having problems running the scenario, please post your system specifications and how you are trying to run it, dedicated vs client host. We recommend running this on a dedicated server without server side mods, with 3d rendering off and with 32GB of ram. Please send me a private message with your email so we can send log files or screen shots of problems and suggestions.

Many thanks to all that helped with testing and to those that provide the great scripting tools we used to create the mission environment.

1777450326_DynamicSplash.jpg.877ff2dcfeaefbac517171102ff03199.jpg

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker
Link to mission file added.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice and thanks for sharing your work.

I want to believe all aircraft modules are supported.

Looking forward to downloading it.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 2 weeks later...

We've been running your mission on our server for a few runs. We all love the idea, and the implementation, you've done great job with it! :thumbup:

The only problem is, after about 40 minutes, we start to get lag spikes, and eventually the mission just crashes.. Individual pilots can fly around, but any other aircraft they look at are frozen in space. We've re-produced this issue about 4 times, and will be giving up on the mission until perhaps there is a new version that works better.

fyi - we run a modified TTI mission in normal rotation, and have had no issues like this, even after many days of server up time.

Any ideas? We really love your mission, its just a shame we only get 30-40 minutes out of it.

We've been running your mission on our server for a few runs. We all love the idea, and the implementation, you've done great job with it! :thumbup:

The only problem is, after about 40 minutes, we start to get lag spikes, and eventually the mission just crashes.. Individual pilots can fly around, but any other aircraft they look at are frozen in space. We've re-produced this issue about 4 times, and will be giving up on the mission until perhaps there is a new version that works better.

fyi - we run a modified TTI mission in normal rotation, and have had no issues like this, even after many days of server up time.

Any ideas? We really love your mission, its just a shame we only get 30-40 minutes out of it.

That is really odd. We've run it on two different servers to test it and it's always run perfectly fine. In fact we tested it for the full duration of the campaign and it completed without any problems. I ran it on the old client shell (3d disabled) server in my office and the dedicated version on our main. Can you send me a log file in a PM? I'll give you my email address so you can send it there. Also, please provide your server system specs (processor, ram, render, no render). Are you running any server side mods? Are you running on a client machine trying to run the scenario at the same time?

The mission itself is really light on objects. Almost everything is done on A2A with MOOSE and scenery destruction with MIST and Troop deployment with CTLD. The reason the file is larger than normal is because of the sound files, about 10MB (very compressed OGG files) but they are only accessed one at a time over a long period of time. You need a good amount of RAM though. If you are not running on a dedicated server with 32GB then that could be the problem. Please let me know.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've found that before you run this mission make sure that your windows installation is up to date first. There's nothing wrong with the mission itself but if Windows, particularly Windows 10, starts to run updates in the background, it will freeze the missions in progress and clients will appear to be stuck in space. This is not an issue with Windows 7 because the automatic updates can be disabled, at least on pro on our auxillary. To avoid any problems makes sure you are completely updated before you run this.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, this really sounds phenomenal. I cannot wait to try this out.

May I ask if you ever thought about implementing a mission saving script, as running a dedicated server may be not that easy. Especially if we want to fly this mission over several weeks and an update kicks in...

Anyway thanks a lot for the Supreme content.

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. We've discussed using a mission saving script but it really makes stuff glitch out and crashes a lot when you try to save MP scenarios. At least that's been my experience. Best thing is to start it early on a Saturday and have it pause without clients and then just let people jump in over the weekend. That's what we do anyhow. We use the dedicated version of the server and leaving the mission paused for long periods causes absolutely no problems. We've even had them paused for weeks at a time.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]