Monitor Recommendation

Hi all,

I'm running an Alienware A51 and am considering driving a separate monitor (crazy I know, but if I do I'll build a stand so the big monitor sits directly above the A51).

I'll be driving the monitor with an NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (full specs in my sig). Just for fun I hooked it up to a 28" Magnavox LED monitor I've had lying around for a few years and it was OK, but the text wasn't very sharp. Checked the specs and found the monitor was only 720p.

Anyway, not looking for something huge (30" or less) but my main requirement is it has to be able to render the text dead on sharp just like the monitor on the A51. Recently began flying the Hornet and all those knobs and dials are tough to read on a laptop monitor no matter how great it is, especially with my 59 year old eyes :smilewink:

I'm guessing since I'm flying at the highest resolution possible on my A51 (1920x1200) I'd need a monitor that could handle at least that? Also How does the whole 4K issue play into this? Price wise, I'm looking to try and stay under $500 if possible.

Specific recommendations appreciated!

Thanks,

Dennis

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

i know you’re asking for monitor, but I would advise looking up Rift-S. You’ll thank me later. I have reverb but rift-S also has good review.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

i know you’re asking for monitor, but I would advise looking up Rift-S. You’ll thank me later. I have reverb but rift-S also has good review.

Thanks for the recommendation but no interest in VR :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y