New Pilot1 is constantly creating!!!

skywalker22

I have my own pilot inside the Logbook, but New Pilot1 is constantly re-creating, althouth I delete it from the logbook.lua file (inside of the map: C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

Its good for a day or so, but then suddenly automatically creates new one. Really hate it.

How to stop it?

Check that your windows user profile is not corrupted and windows creating some temp. profile every time you log in. Try to create a new window user profile and just use that.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I would really like to know how to retain one pilot profile also.

It appears every time you crash or get killed while flying, a new pilot profile is created.

I stopped it one time by checking invulnerable in option setting but that was a bit unrealistic for me as ones aircraft cannot be shut down when invulnerable is ticked.

I would like to retain my created profile name even after being shutdown and keep building my rank.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I would really like to know how to retain one pilot profile also.

It appears every time you crash or get killed while flying, a new pilot profile is created.

I stopped it one time by checking invulnerable in option setting but that was a bit unrealistic for me as ones aircraft cannot be shut down when invulnerable is ticked.

I would like to retain my created profile name even after being shutdown and keep building my rank.

They are different options.

You have to select the invencible option on the logbook, not on settings. Setting's option is what you describe, the option on the logbook is what makes your profile be deleted or not when you "die".

• ED Team

Hi please retry and then attach your dcs.log here, it should show us some clues.

You dcs.log can be found in C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You have to select the invencible option on the logbook, not on settings. Setting's option is what you describe, the option on the logbook is what makes your profile be deleted or not when you "die".

Oh great. Thanks for the info. Hardly really play with the logbook options.
Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I was able to revive my old profile pilot by editing the logbook.lua file. I simply look through the lines and set the profile name in particular dead status from true to false and I am back up alive. Also set invulnerable to yes.

I will be checking if this would be changing pilot profile in case of crashing or virtual death.

Cheers

Setting Invencible to Yes inside the Logbook does the trick. Thanks so much.