Dumping Fuel

williehayesjr

Set a Bingo prior to dumping. The dump will automatically shut off at your bingo.

+1

The fuel dump switch is on the left console panel, just aft of the throttle - that section of the left console panel is labeled "FUEL."

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Set a Bingo prior to dumping. The dump will automatically shut off at your bingo.

Setting BINGO (during startup) is always a good practice even when you don‘t anticipate to dump later. Especially in a jet which has as short legs as our lovely Hornet:smilewink:

You should actually set your bingo fuel differently for different situations.

In CNATRA P-826, Chapter 2, 202 FENCE CHECKS, 1 Fence In, d. BINGO – Set to Joker fuel. and

2 Fence Out, d. BINGO – Set to divert fuel.

This manual is specifically regarding BFM in the T-45 but I'd imagine the training received is largely transferred to the F/A-18C.

As always, if you know better then please correct me.