Jester Suggestion

Pheonix0869

Heatblur,

Since voice attack profiles for Jester are inevitable, it would be a nice function, in the specials menu, to force the Jester menu to the top level on each call. The current menu call will load a menu corresponding to the main HUD mode selected. This would allow for consistent menu flow, regardless of main mode, and thus allow for easier voice attack programing.

Another suggestion would be to allow the user to hide the menu, as well. This would allow for a more immersive experience with voice attack, as well as provide an option for removing the menu from playbacks.

Great work guys, I am really enjoying the module and can't wait to see what else you have in store!

I'd like to be able to ask Jester if he can identify the aircraft type currently locked up.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

I absolutely agree with both of these!

(1) Consistent menu structure is simply the sanest way to integrate voice control.

(2) The visual popup is not only an immersion breaker, but even when using head movements in VR can be problematic when trying to keep eyes on a bandit. Worse than simply obscuring vision, depending on what angle your head is when calling up the Jester menu, you may find yourself breaking your neck trying to make selections!

Heatblur,

Since voice attack profiles for Jester are inevitable, it would be a nice function, in the specials menu, to force the Jester menu to the top level on each call. The current menu call will load a menu corresponding to the main HUD mode selected. This would allow for consistent menu flow, regardless of main mode, and thus allow for easier voice attack programing.

Another suggestion would be to allow the user to hide the menu, as well. This would allow for a more immersive experience with voice attack, as well as provide an option for removing the menu from playbacks.

Great work guys, I am really enjoying the module and can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Right now if you call Jester 2 times in a row you always get to the main Jester menu ('A' followed by another 'A'), so in this way you can get consistent menu flows for almost any command you want in voice attack.

The hide menu would be great if it is with a toggle inside the game since for some voice attack commands that leads to final action by Jester, you don't need the menu displayed, but there are other times its useful to invoke some submenus in Jester commands to decide among some options that are not always fixed (tune tacan for example), or to check some selected settings (air to ground settings or countermeasures settings for example).