Remapping a button on WH

Harlikwin

Ok...

Hopefully this is as clear as mud...

So I have 2 WH bases and an f18 stick and f16 stick.

I use the pinky lever on the F18 stick (button 4) as my "shift" function for that stick,

I would like to use the same one on the F16 stick to also be the same. However DCS doesn't want to let Button 4 (the lever) be used on both sticks. I have to map it to button 3 on the F16 stick.

Is there some way using software to externally switch the 2 button designations outside of DCS? i.e. switch button's 3/4 on the f16 stick.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there some way using software to externally switch the 2 button designations outside of DCS? i.e. switch button's 3/4 on the f16 stick.

You should be able to do that using TARGET, as on the older Foxy software it was possible to do (for the tM Cougar) using the command:

USE button_identifier or logical_flag AS DXn

On the Cougar the DX number of each button is:

jjfYBmV.jpg

so, to exchange S3 with S4 buttons, you would use the commands:

BTN S3 /H DX4

BTN S4 /H DX3

Dont know the syntax for doing this using TARGET, but I'm sure that it should be possible.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The short answer is yes. Target or joystick gremlin (or similar app) can be used to reassign DX input for any button or switch.

With Target GUI app, assign input to the lever switch and in the pop up keyboard switch to DX input and pick whatever you want for that switch. Actually if you use Target then the whole setup should be treated as one virtual device and you might just avoid this problem altogether.

But the real question is why won’t DCS let you map both switches at the same time since they on two separate devices. Are you running any joystick app in the background?

PC: 9900K/3090, 11700K/2080Ti, 8700K/1080.

Joystick bases: TMWx2, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator RS Linear Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Pro 2, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index

Ok...

Hopefully this is as clear as mud...

So I have 2 WH bases and an f18 stick and f16 stick.

I use the pinky lever on the F18 stick (button 4) as my "shift" function for that stick,

I would like to use the same one on the F16 stick to also be the same. However DCS doesn't want to let Button 4 (the lever) be used on both sticks. I have to map it to button 3 on the F16 stick.

Do you have different .lua profiles for the sticks, to be loaded via the DCS options-controls-load profiles section?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | 2x bass shakers

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II