RTX 2080 Super problems

Hi.

Im pretty sure, that this thread will be moved. But since Im not sure, where to, so I just post it here.

Has anybody experienced problems with an RTX 2080 Super? Especially with V-Sync?

I bought one (Zotac Twin Fan) but sent it back today.

Problem was, that I had recurring black screens. I did not find out exactly why, but my assumption (that I was only able to verify 3 out of 4 times) is, that V-Sync was the culprit. Without it I think (not 100% sure though) I had no black-screens, but with V-Sync turned on I had maye 2 black screen in 1 hour of flying...

Since the fps with the RTX 2080S were in the 60-90ies, V-sync wasnt needed anyway, but it was a setting I failed to uncheck, when coming from my older 1660Ti, where I have 40-70fps with very slightly reduced settings (actually only 2x instead of 4x MSAA and ultra instead of extreme visib range).

Since I was not 100% sure, that the card was not faulty, I sent it back. But now Im not sure, if going to a RTX2080Super (or older RTX2080) from another manufacturer will also create the same situation.

Actually I bought this videocard to support my future VR-set, but since Im not sure about what set to buy right now anyway (Reverb? Index? Cosmos?) I now tend to postpone the whole VR-situation until next year, when Nvidia releases new hardware; also since my 1660Ti actually supports my 1440p-monitor quite well and the use of the much more powerful RTX2080 did not give a gain in the flying-experience.

Answers from any RTX-card-users would be welcome.

Edited by Wali763

Never seen this with a 2080ti either.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Have a regular RTX 2080, have Vsync on in game using 165Hz capable Gsync monitor at 144Hz, no issues.

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Hi.

Im pretty sure, that this thread will be moved. But since Im not sure, where to, so I just post it here.

Has anybody experienced problems with an RTX 2080 Super? Especially with V-Sync?

Problem was, that I had recurring black screens. I did not find out exactly why, but my assumption (that I was only able to verify 3 out of 4 times) is, that V-Sync was the culprit. Without it I think (not 100% sure though) I had no black-screens, but with V-Sync turned on I had maye 2 black screen in 1 hour of flying...

Since the fps with the RTX 2080S were in the 60-90ies, V-sync wasnt needed anyway, but it was a setting I failed to uncheck, when coming from my older 1660Ti, where I have 40-70fps with very slightly reduced settings (actually only 2x instead of 4x MSAA and ultra instead of extreme visib range).

Since I was not 100% sure, that the card was not faulty, I sent it back. But now Im not sure, if going to a RTX2080Super (or older RTX2080) from another manufacturer will also create the same situation.

Actually I bought this videocard to support my future VR-set, but since Im not sure about what set to buy right now anyway (Reverb? Index? Cosmos?) I now tend to postpone the whole VR-situation until next year, when Nvidia releases new hardware; also since my 1660Ti actually supports my 1440p-monitor quite well and the use of the much more powerful RTX2080 did not give a gain in the flying-experience.

Hi

Did you get to the bottom of this? I'm having a very similar problem with a 2080 Super (Zotac twin fan). See my thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249041

I've raised a support ticket but all I've been told from support so far is that they are seeing a number of crashes with the 2080 Super. That's not hugely helpful as if I RMA and get the same then I'm back to square one!

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Did you get to the bottom of this? I'm having a very similar problem with a 2080 Super (Zotac twin fan). See my thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249041

I've raised a support ticket but all I've been told from support so far is that they are seeing a number of crashes with the 2080 Super. That's not hugely helpful as if I RMA and get the same then I'm back to square one!

Thanks

Chris

Sorry for my late answer. I did not find no solution and gave back the card. I now have a 2070Super from Gigabyte and have no problems.

• 6 months later...

RTX 2080 Super and VR Problems

Hi.

I have a RTX 2080 Super with a brand new i7 9700KF 3.6Ghz, 32G DDR4 3000Mhz, Water Cooled Running W10 on an SSD with fully updated drivers for everything, With the Oculus Rift S and Thrustmaster Warthog and have been getting an insane amount of crashes and freezes when playing DCS in VR. I contacted Eagle Dynamics and they gave me a list things to try to no avail, the last thing they recommended trying was replacing the 650W power supply to an 850W.

I have dropped all graphical settings to medium with a Pixel Density of 1.5 and am still getting image freezing in VR. I’m not sure on the frame rate but it doesn’t look great.