Update the clouds so they don't look like cotton balls

HoneyBadger

Look, ED, I know you're sick of us ragging on about the clouds, and perhaps there's more pressing matters that require your attention first, but I'm sorry, these clouds just look absolutely ridiculous and are becoming a real eye sore to look at. I could excuse them pre-2.5 but with the 2.5 update and the more realistic and natural look DCS has gotten to, the clouds just stand out like a sore thumb.

I'm begging you, please.

#CloudsMatter

• ED Team

Hi HoneyBadger

ED are working on clouds but we do not have any information to share at the moment.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Back in May this year, I was sitting in the office and looked outside, it surely was a cloudy day. I remember that the very first thing that I thought of was that the cloudy sky I was looking at was exactly like in DCS.

I even called fellow DCS simmer and asked him to check this out. He confirmed the same.

What I am saying, is that while there is a space for improvement it certainly is not as bad as one would think.

Setting clouds to density 7 and thickness to above 2500 feet in ME gives me the most pleasing results.

I can only imagine what it is going to be once the new system is in place :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

There are maybe one or two real life situations that can be copy&paste to DCS and you couldn't tell which is a screenshot and which is a picture.

But there are 900 real life situations you just can't copy&paste to DCS. That would need improvements.

Sunrises and sunsets can look awesome in DCS. Beside that, the weather engine is pretty boring and have very less options.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

As more important then humidty, I would beg ED to stop clouds turning with my head movement and also stop popping them in and out at the edge of my FOV. And sync them in MP.

Fix the basics before implementing new things :-/

You don't fix something you're about to throw away. They are building a weather engine. Fixing the old one would be a waste of effort.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'm probably in the minority side here, but I would like to read more on newsletters and other ED media that this is actively worked on, a percentage of the state of completion or such.

This is so high priority for a flight sim - especially for a company that states that its model is real life.

Please, please, please put all efforts you can in this task.