User Preset for graphic settings

Joker69

My little tip for DCS World. In the graphic settings we have different parameters that change both for hardware power and for personal taste from user to user. I fly both with a 34” monitor and VR.

We have 3 Presets available for the monitor solution (low - medium - high) and a Preset for the VR solution. Normally a user starts from a Preset and then changes something between the various parameters.

It could be interesting to implement 2 User Presets. One for use with the monitor and one for VR. The user could start from a default Preset and then save his “User Preset”. So when the user uses the monitor or the VR he will press the virtual button relative to his settings. What do you think about this option? :)

Edited by Joker69°

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

• ED Team

It is a good idea, I will speak with the team about this.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, I believe in the DCS project and I consider it as the best project in the world of military simulation. I realized that there are different settings for Monitor and VR despite having powerful hardware. To get the most out of this fantastic simulator it would be perfect to have dual user configuration callable with a click.

Not being a programmer I can only give a personal suggestion to the ED Team. I think it would be a valid option for all those who fly both with monitors and with VR. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

• 1 year later...
It is a good idea, I will speak with the team about this.

This feature was added. Many thanks to BIGNEWY and the rest of the ED TEAM.

Since we have now the custom presets, any chance we could have the ability to directly use them via start parameters on DCS Start?

This way we could setup different Shortcuts like this:

"D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --Preset_Custom1

or

"D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR --Preset_Custom2

User could quickly jump bettween SP/MP configurations for VR or between VR/2d.

I know the ability of SkaZillas Tool and the workarround with BAT files to change out the files, but this seems like a logical extension of the newly created preset functions. :book:

Thanks.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

And, if i may kindly add this, give the user perhaps the chance to save the settings under an own, specific name.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)