Is it possible to add the AGM62 missile tonight?

kaoqumba

• ED Team

Walleye needs a little more time, when we are closer Wags will let us know.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We already have the agm65's. Don't see why agm62 has to be made a priority addition for this upcoming patch.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

We already have the agm65's. Don't see why agm62 has to be made a priority addition for this upcoming patch.

Agree 100% and more. Why can’t development time being spent on Walleye be used finishing Harm or JDAM or TGP or Harpoon?

I’d much rather have a feature complete, rich simulation of JDAM rather than a simple limited feature AGM-62.

I'd rather see TWS and A2G radar before any fancy more weapons being worked on that delay the core systems being polished. Heck even the Paveway III would be awesome. :)

We really need TWS, its being a long time and I'm of the opinion that this should have been higher in the priority list; although I won't complain much since ED finally gave us a TGP, talking of which it is also important to have this completed sooner better than later. Actually I was hoping for some minor additions like a HUD cue to know where the TGP is pointing.

We really need TWS, its being a long time and I'm of the opinion that this should have been higher in the priority list; although I won't complain much since ED finally gave us a TGP, talking of which it is also important to have this completed sooner better than later. Actually I was hoping for some minor additions like a HUD cue to know where the TGP is pointing.

Have to second this. Would rather see more of the current features be completed before any talk of additional weapons, particularly the Tpod, TWS, etc.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Not the version modelled. The ERDL model includes a datalink and is capable of downfeeding video to the hornet enabling the pilot to manually select the final Target with pin point accuracy

Didn't know that... sounds rather interesting to have. And as a side note, the A-4E-C would use it once implemented. But other things are more important, I agree.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Remember AGM-84E SLAM has coming, That weapon was the replace to the AGM-62, and has equiped with the Maverick Imaging Infra-Red seeker and the Walleye glidebomb datalink. The AGM-84H coming with the AN/AWW-13 datalink pod to long range guiadance.

ED need clarificate if the AGM-62 Walleye I/II has the normal TV versions or equiped with Extended Range Data Link (ERDL).

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I totally argree, I was really forward to some new features to the targeting pod mainly the HUD cue. I'm all for new weapons,however, I think completing or finalizing the current ones is more important at this point.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

The Walleyes we’re getting, like some people said, are much newer datalink capable weapons. They’re man-in-the-loop capable and the launching aircraft can offload the targeting to another aircraft (eg orbiting safely away from the target).

Much more interesting than a Mav missile.

Agree 100% and more. Why can’t development time being spent on Walleye be used finishing Harm or JDAM or TGP or Harpoon?

I’d much rather have a feature complete, rich simulation of JDAM rather than a simple limited feature AGM-62.

I just want my GBU-32s. We already have JDAM interface and MK-83s...

The Walleyes we’re getting, like some people said, are much newer datalink capable weapons. They’re man-in-the-loop capable and the launching aircraft can offload the targeting to another aircraft (eg orbiting safely away from the target).

Much more interesting than a Mav missile.

still requires you to fly much closer to target than with a maverick, before breaking off..... thus less standoff range. If there is no real threat of air defenses defending a target, not necessitating extra standoff range you may as well plop a GBU12 or jdam. Otherwise for thats what JSOW's are for. and even greater extent the SLammer ER's, which will have IR seeker and data linking capabilities to adjust path/target in mid flight.

AFAIK there is no recorded combat use of AGM62's employed by Hornets ( especially not by F/A18C in the 21st century) . It was A6/A7 thing mostly.

All in all id rather see current implemented features more fleshed out, most notably TGP functions ( in particular adding HUD symbology and auto lase) followed by TWS mode for radar, before jumping to new features.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

still requires you to fly much closer to target than with a maverick, before breaking off..... thus less standoff range. If there is no real threat of air defenses defending a target, not necessitating extra standoff range you may as well plop a GBU12 or jdam. Otherwise for thats what JSOW's are for. and even greater extent the SLammer ER's, which will have IR seeker and data linking capabilities to adjust path/target in mid flight.

AFAIK there is no recorded combat use of AGM62's employed by Hornets ( especially not by F/A18C in the 21st century) . It was A6/A7 thing mostly.

All in all id rather see current implemented features more fleshed out, most notably TGP functions ( in particular adding HUD symbology and auto lase) followed by TWS mode for radar, before jumping to new features.

In full agreement! There are many functions and ammunition that have been released but not yet fully completed.

I agree with everyone. It would be nice to have some of the weapons complete before moving onto new ones.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

For those who want things like TWS, TGP complete, etc. There is likely people working on those full time. And then probably a couple people working on weapons. Weapons are probably 10x faster to complete coding for and why they are getting released faster. You can't just stop developing weapons and put that same team onto the TWS or TGP team because what is developed might only be done by a couple people because it isn't a coding task that can be split up and the other coders would end up sitting there waiting anyways.

I agree with everyone. It would be nice to have some of the weapons complete before moving onto new ones.

Some weapons might not be able to be complete because they are waiting on TGP, A2G radar, etc. You can't just have the guys working on weapons stop and wait for those.