the memory leak still exists

twistking

I just wanted to add that I'm seeing this issue as well.  After crashing/ejecting, my VR frame rate goes from 45 to 24.  I dunno if this helps at all, but the following are my specs:

• 2070 Super 8GB
  • 64GB DDR4 3600
  • M.2 SSD
  • Intel Core i9 9900

People have said that alt-tab into Task Manager (and only task manager?) will sometimes get rid of the issue.  I haven't had success with this myself, but I've read at least two confirmed cases where it has worked.  See this reddit thread:

+1 VRAM overflowing the RAM endlessly. Most crashes with 24 gigs of RAM occures in multiplayer. 100% of VRAM is used and 24 gigs of RAM, then crash after some time.

i7-9700k

32 DDR4 RAM 2.1 GHz

1080 Ti Turbo 11GB GDDR5X.

Edited by Anumrak

3 hours ago, Anumrak said:

Devs pls look into this

You should indeed post your separate issue in another thread and explain what is it that you feel is wrong with it, this thread is about a case with very low RAM, below DCS recommendations.

I don't see any proof of a memory leak here, this is showing stuttering from what I can see initially, a memory leak is an ever increasing memory usage for no apparent reason until you get BSOD/CTD/Critical Error.

However, you are roaming the landscape and jumping to different aircraft, that is naturally loading more assets which are getting cached (built-up) in RAM / VRAM which is normal (to some degree) and this is going to look like a memory leak ... True that if this does produce a BSOD/CTD/Errors or heavy Pagefile swapping it may be a design flaw and considerd a bug, otherwise that's not how to test for a genuine memory leak, you're suppose to only get to the point where you suspect the leak is starting and then stop and do nothing and see what happens. You didn't said anything what you think is the main problem so please explain.

What you may be referring to is simply higher memory usage than before, the comparison is vital because you need to provide some video or log done with the previous version where it worked fine for you, and only then you can argue that higher usage is wrong based on analysis, however it's not necessary wrong, higher usage of RAM may be normal due to DCS natural evolution.

Also we don't all follow steam or discord or other places at all times while on the forums, so you need to summarize your issue fully, please don't just "continue" that discussion here, it adds burden to those who want to help and the staff.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria