FARP Capture

leonardo_c

I'm having trouble figuring this out. I've already checked previous answers but cannot make it work, apparently.

I have a simple mission. A BLUE farp with tent, ammo depot, fuel depot and command post. And there is a RED farp with the same statics in it.

I simply take off with some soldiers onboard and deploy them to the RED farp.

I can see the event "base captured" but I'm not able to refuel/rearm at the captured FARP.

What is missing?

TEST_CAPTURE_FARP.miz

There's actually a good post that explains what you need. It's old but still applicable. I've been using them kind of like a template for awhile. Having the unit side (blue/red) set correctly is part of it but you also need to have the correct vehicles. For example if you land a Huey at a FARP with the wrong units you won't be able to refuel or rearm.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1551405&postcount=1

What you need are a command vehicle, a fuel vehicle and an ammo vehicle. You can also add the FARP fuel and ammo dump but they don't always work. What I use are listed here.

For Eastern choppers:

Zil131 APA8D power

ATZ10 Fuel

Ural375 cargo

SKP11 command

For Western choppers:

(haven't needed a power vehicle)

M1025 command

M818 Cargo

M978 Fuel

Additional Vehicles for effect:

ATSP6 Fire Truck

GAZ 3308

And some other combinations of vehicles will work as well so you have to kind of play around with it. A good standard guideline is to use Russian or Georgian vehicles for MI-8 and KA-50 and use Western vehicles for the HUEY. Not sure what works with the Gazelle.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent info, I was not aware that I needed both western AND eastern vehicles for both RED and BLUE coalition since on my mission both UH-1 and MI-8 fly for RED and BLUE. Very good info there.

By the way, I managed to make the thing work with a MOOSE script I'm working on.

When BLUE captures a zone then I spawn the BLUE FARP team in the farp and destroy the RED one.

Viceversa when RED captures the zone.

Working perfectly! Thanks all!

ps: too bad about the static tent for repairs but I guess I can live without it.

Edited by leonardo_c

I'm pretty sure you only need a power vehicle if you request ground power but I'm not totally sure. If you figure it out I would like to know. I've never requested ground power on any of the choppers except for a long time ago when I was doing a repair at a FARP. I haven't been able to identify a Western ground power vehicle.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure you only need a power vehicle if you request ground power but I'm not totally sure. If you figure it out I would like to know. I've never requested ground power on any of the choppers except for a long time ago when I was doing a repair at a FARP. I haven't been able to identify a Western ground power vehicle.

I checked this post for a list of vehicles:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1729208&postcount=4

Not sure if you need 3 M818's or just one could do. I'm using 3, better safe than sorry :) and I was able to request ground power.

• 2 years later...

I'm struggling with capturing a farp, I set up the simplest possible test, a red farp and a blue tank just out of range. The tank then drives towards the farp and the triggers work - I get "Red Farp Captured" but the farp never turns blue.

I run the identical test but on an airfirld and it works fine.

Edited by Sprool

When you say 'the farp never turns blue', do you mean visually on the F10 map, or that you can't get it to work with blue forces? The former (color) is a visual oddity with DCS. The latter (having services available) depends on the vehicles present on the FARP; it should work with blue forces after capture even if it's shown as red on the map.

Im not even at the stage of getting it to function, just the ownership never changes, it stays red and part of the red coalition. When you watch other videos on farp capture, including Suntsag's, the farp changes colour and alliegence changes. Even on the simplest mission just setting up an unarmed red farp, then driving a blue tank in triggers the message but farp does not change colour or alliegence, and it should do!

did some more testing. On Farp capture I spawn in ammo truck and fuel truck to drive to the farp using late activation. THen I can land the huey there, repair, rearm & refuel, so although it remains red in f10 and assigned to redfor, its usable by blue. So maybe it IS working ok, only the F10 map label is bugged

• 2 months later...

Hello.

It's not just the color. In my case, the owner still is RED, no matter if i can repair,refuel,rearm.

PS: I did set a check with ON BASE CAPTURE -> COALLITION HAS HELIPAD -> MESSAGE.... and the event happens.

FARP-1.png

FARP-2.png

Edited by ADHS
  • Like 1

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

• 1 month later...