FARP Capture

I'm having trouble figuring this out. I've already checked previous answers but cannot make it work, apparently.

I have a simple mission. A BLUE farp with tent, ammo depot, fuel depot and command post. And there is a RED farp with the same statics in it.

I simply take off with some soldiers onboard and deploy them to the RED farp.

I can see the event "base captured" but I'm not able to refuel/rearm at the captured FARP.

What is missing?

TEST_CAPTURE_FARP.miz

There's actually a good post that explains what you need. It's old but still applicable. I've been using them kind of like a template for awhile. Having the unit side (blue/red) set correctly is part of it but you also need to have the correct vehicles. For example if you land a Huey at a FARP with the wrong units you won't be able to refuel or rearm.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1551405&postcount=1

What you need are a command vehicle, a fuel vehicle and an ammo vehicle. You can also add the FARP fuel and ammo dump but they don't always work. What I use are listed here.

For Eastern choppers:

Zil131 APA8D power

ATZ10 Fuel

Ural375 cargo

SKP11 command

For Western choppers:

(haven't needed a power vehicle)

M1025 command

M818 Cargo

M978 Fuel

Additional Vehicles for effect:

ATSP6 Fire Truck

GAZ 3308

And some other combinations of vehicles will work as well so you have to kind of play around with it. A good standard guideline is to use Russian or Georgian vehicles for MI-8 and KA-50 and use Western vehicles for the HUEY. Not sure what works with the Gazelle.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent info, I was not aware that I needed both western AND eastern vehicles for both RED and BLUE coalition since on my mission both UH-1 and MI-8 fly for RED and BLUE. Very good info there.

By the way, I managed to make the thing work with a MOOSE script I'm working on.

When BLUE captures a zone then I spawn the BLUE FARP team in the farp and destroy the RED one.

Viceversa when RED captures the zone.

Working perfectly! Thanks all!

ps: too bad about the static tent for repairs but I guess I can live without it.

Edited by leonardo_c

I'm pretty sure you only need a power vehicle if you request ground power but I'm not totally sure. If you figure it out I would like to know. I've never requested ground power on any of the choppers except for a long time ago when I was doing a repair at a FARP. I haven't been able to identify a Western ground power vehicle.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure you only need a power vehicle if you request ground power but I'm not totally sure. If you figure it out I would like to know. I've never requested ground power on any of the choppers except for a long time ago when I was doing a repair at a FARP. I haven't been able to identify a Western ground power vehicle.

I checked this post for a list of vehicles:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1729208&postcount=4

Not sure if you need 3 M818's or just one could do. I'm using 3, better safe than sorry :) and I was able to request ground power.