[NO BUG]CBU99 Not working

chase

I can not for the life of me get this bomb to work. Master Arm on, then I arm the bomb by clicking fuse, then select HT. Then click ht till it says 700. I click CCIP for mode. The only other thing which might.. might be the cause of it not doing anything is I have been leaving the Tgt waypoint pinned on the ground. Meaning, I select the WP and press the right side, second from the bottom button on the PFD, ( color display ) . This will put the WP Box on the ground, to help locate the tgts. However, when I do this, it keeps putting the Mode into Auto. So I manually tap mode till CCIP is showing. I then line up the cross hairs and drop away. Nothing. Just nothing happens. I've used them before this current Beta and everything worked then. I'm thinking that by having the PFD wp on the ground that for some odd reason stops the bomb from working. But that was just a though I had now. I just wanted to point out the steps I take to use these munitions. Anyway. Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks,

Dave.

• ED Team

Hi if you have a short track replay we will take a look.

I have not seen any issue myself, other than the already reported not correcting for wind issue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you everyone for the explanations and ideas. The only problem with the hard coded to 1500 burst height is both Redkite and Wags YouTube videos show the burst height can be set to what ever you like. I couldn't find it anywhere in the update log either. Not saying your wrong, i just have never seen it in writing yet.

I don't recall Efuse having an option for INST.

It's different than say a mk82 where you do set the mfuse to inst. But this bomb doesn't have that option.

I will add a track to this thread once i try it again.

Next day or two

Thanks.

Dave.

Edited by chase

The actual burst height is set by the ground crew and right now it's hard coded at 1500ft in DCS. The burst height selection in the STORES page is only for adjusting the release cue on the HUD. The pilot knows the actual burst height and just selects the appropriate one in the STORES page order to get a good release cue from the MC.

Also, if I recall correctly, you set MFUZ to VT and EFUZ to OFF.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The actual burst height is set by the ground crew and right now it's hard coded at 1500ft in DCS. The burst height selection in the STORES page is only for adjusting the release cue on the HUD. The pilot knows the actual burst height and just selects the appropriate one in the STORES page order to get a good release cue from the MC.

Also, if I recall correctly, you set MFUZ to VT and EFUZ to OFF.

This is how I understand it as well.

Thanks again for everyone's answers. I tried again today for 2 hours straight. Not once was I able to get the canister to explode at 1500 feet or any height for that matter. The only time I kill a BMP is when the actual canister hits a Tgt. After dropping the bombs in various formats I never once saw any of the bomblets firing at any targets. Anyway, attached is a Zip of 2 Track files. Both are short. Both start in the air with CBU99 and MK20's. If you mess with the Efuse at all, it will block out the weapon. So EFuze does nothing. I set MFUZE for vt, HT, to any altitude and it doesn't matter. Thanks. I've been flying this bird for a long time. This is the only weapon which gives me a hard time, and it's my favorite to use on the battle ground, so yes a bit of a disappointment.

Dave.

CBU_Trk.zip

I tried again today for 2 hours straight. Not once was I able to get the canister to explode at 1500 feet or any height for that matter. The only time I kill a BMP is when the actual canister hits a Tgt. After dropping the bombs in various formats I never once saw any of the bomblets firing at any targets.

The bombs appear to be working as designed i.e. your 1st Mk-20 in CBU.trk

• Dropped using CCIP, in a 15° dive at 3,700 ft MSL

• Canister opened at 1,250 ft MSL (1,000 ft AGL) - DCS mid air explosion animation

• Bomblets appear and spread during fall (Note: Tacview records centroid of group as a single bomblet)

• On impact, clusters had an area of effect - Tacview shows 2 BTR-80 destroyed, 3rd hit by blast.

Only the last Mk-20 drop of CBU2.trk looked bad as the canister opens almost immediately after release @ 3,200 ft ? but the bomblets looked to still reached the target area (even if they failed to kill anything).

This is a composite image from CBU.trk (you can follow the canister/bomblets to impact using F6).

xgXmGmL.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add composite image from CBU.trk

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thank you Ramsay for taking the time to look into this. I guess I'm just a bad shot then. Lol. Except for that one drop nothing else hit. The hits you found, i remember that drop. In prior missions I've dropped CBU's and about 45 seconds later, I'll see little bombs floating down slowly, then it appears to have a second trigger which causes a ton of firing which looks like fireworks everywhere. I just don't see that kind of behavior anymore. Maybe it was just more spread out. Anyway, I'm glad to know its not a bug i just need to use F6 more so i can see how and when they trigger.

Thanks.

Dave.

Thank you Ramsay for taking the time to look into this. I guess I'm just a bad shot then. Lol. Except for that one drop nothing else hit. The hits you found, i remember that drop. In prior missions I've dropped CBU's and about 45 seconds later, I'll see little bombs floating down slowly, then it appears to have a second trigger which causes a ton of firing which looks like fireworks everywhere. I just don't see that kind of behavior anymore. Maybe it was just more spread out. Anyway, I'm glad to know its not a bug i just need to use F6 more so i can see how and when they trigger.

Thanks.

Dave.

Those are different than what the Hornet carries. Our hornet only has unguided bomblets. There are no guided sub munitions that you describe like on the A-10. I don’t know if this is a weapon coming in the future, would depend if our Hornet ever carried it. Which I don’t know the answer too. But, our Hornet has not had anything like this yet. You are remembering a different weapon on a different platform.

Thanks.

Dave.

You're talking about the CBU-97 and the CBU-105 (the latter has a GPS guidance kit). They deploy canisters with parachutes that spin and release skeets. The skeets have IR sensors and direct themselves towards vehicles (or anything hot or resembling a vehicle). They have a shaped charge in order to be able to defeat armor. Just beautiful.

Unfortunately, USN Hornets (or the US Navy in general?) never deployed those weapons, but the A-10C and F-16C of the USAF did.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

[NEED TRACK REPLAY]CBU99 Not working

Search YouTube vids of Rockeye employment. They are not that difficult. The release parameters are not like your standard dumb bomb. Beware, the setup steps have changed several times over the last year. So you may find one that has old information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer