Any update plans of WWII Assets?

gomwolf

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Yeah, taken into account that the WW2 submodule is obviously the only thing they're working on. :music_whistling:

Also, the same team working on this is also working on aspects of the new DM as well... so they are busy. So try not to beat up on them too much.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hello,

Personally, I think as in each company teams know what they have to do according to their management.

This free pressing is not worth and may work in the opposite direction. The ‘’funny thing’’ would be, to recover from work stress, some person would play and on the other hand it would be possible that those one contributes to add stress on other ones.

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

Also, the same team working on this is also working on aspects of the new DM as well... so they are busy. So try not to beat up on them too much.

That explain a bit why there is so few content announced. But I hope after Dm is out that ww2 content update will be more important.

I think there would be less people angry about the slow development speed if there was more communications...

Meh, just because unsatisfied customers post more often does not mean that they are the majority. It is more tempting to write something, when you want to complain than when you just want to thank the team for their work. :D Anyway, I am really happy to see the announcement. Hope they will finish it in Q1 2020.

Meh, just because unsatisfied customers post more often does not mean that they are the majority. It is more tempting to write something, when you want to complain than when you just want to thank the team for their work. :D Anyway, I am really happy to see the announcement. Hope they will finish it in Q1 2020.

When something nice is there I comment to tell that I think it's great. But DCS WW2 have a so slow developpment that lot of people I meet just quit the game because of that. They prefer to have less simulation but the possibility to construct mission and play.

We have waited years for Normandy update and asset pack. Normandy update is fine. But asset will not give the possibility to create great mission ...

We need more ground object such as house, sandbags, factory, ... We need to be able to populate the map. Now we have almost nothing (and we paid for that) and we will add only 4 tanks, 2 little ships, 2 more german Flak and only 2 poor target ... sorry AI planes ...

They will be usefull yes. But if we have to wait 2 more years to have 10 more objects ...

Let's hope for this update that there will be no bugs and AI will be able to use their torpedo ...

Lot of people don't comment when they are happy ... But lot of people left DCS WW2 without comment because all of this ...

I'm with Wulf on this.

The A-20 & Ju-88 - fabulous! But for prototypical ops really only the Boston is truly useful; by this stage of the war as a rule the -88s were only used offensively at night.

The AI Bf 109G variant planned would have been more useful IMHO.

Similarly the Centaur, the M10 and the Stug III - is it nice to have them? Sure. But someone seems to have fallen into the age old trap of "oooh, big guns!!! Sexxxxy!!!" when deciding what to prioritise development wise.

As a DCS WW2 pilot I ignore heavy armour, especially with the current planeset and loadouts, as they are essentially impervious - and don't point out rockets on P-51Ds: from my sources they were never used in ETO, and if they were it was in the final weeks of the war in 45, many many months after Normandy. If I fly the P-51 in ETO, then I fly bombs only, as it should be.

Until DCS: Typhoon Mk.Ib is a thing then armour to me is part of the scenery - it's not worth attacking.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, what is required is softer targets more vulnerable to close placed bombs, stuff like towed artillery, mortar teams, machine gun nests, fuel trucks, C&C vehicles, mobile AAA, functional period radar installations and trains placed by mission designers that actually work, particularly in multiplayer. The ability to integrate map objects like buildings and bridges into ME triggers so that their destruction can be made a Mission Objective.

The E-boat is great, the U-boat... well.. okay, but again, with fighters the current predominating type, the record of attacks by fighters against these types is thin to say the least - yeah, ok, the Mossie is inbound, but for what we have access to now, they seem somewhat esoteric. A Liberty ship and a generic tanker type would have made a much better choice for filling out the D-Day seas and providing targets for the Jagdwaffe boys to realistically have a crack at.

While I too want more and more, I disagree where, simply play Reflected's campaigns to see what you can do, or Bunyap's for that matter.

Nobody can say those campaign are bad. Good scenario of mission, nice work on skins, voice recording, ... The biggest problem for those campaign is that you find always the same little group of object.

You will find 4 / 5 different type of plane, 5 different tank (that you can't destroy except with perfect direct hit), 2 ships, lot of german flak and Allied bofor ...

The worst case was for the Big Show campaign I think. There was only D9 and K4 to place against Spit. Now it's better with A8. But the D9 in this campaign was the reason I didn't wanted to buy it.

I know it takes time to devellop models and things. But AI and decorative content should be a priority.

I'm not disapointed with what is coming. Those will help to create more diversity to mission that's great. But this is not enough to make a real diversity in flight and on the ground.

I saw lot of new object on Normandy map with the update. Those objects should be accessible in the mission editor to be placed on map too. This would be a nice addition to the asset pack content.

I saw lot of new object on Normandy map with the update. Those objects should be accessible in the mission editor to be placed on map too. This would be a nice addition to the asset pack content.

The mission editor objects has conect with DCS 3D objets and WW2 assets pack, no with the map "objects" (diferent file extensions and format by the TDK). To be usable on the mission editor, that require "convert" to EDM format and build the propper Luas. Has not been updates on WW2 assets pack from august 2019. what "new objects" on Normandy map has comming with the update?

About Reflected's campaigns, when ED add more and more objets, surelly content creators can update that campaigns to get more inmersions. The actual AI and Decorative Units require the same quality to a module 3D model actually.

And About the "actual" WW2 list, remember that coming from the KS plus some additions.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

What "new objects" on Normandy map has comming with the update?

Those are maybe not new. But airport were modified. There are more ground object on them. Hangar, maintenance object, ... Those are great but I don't think a mission creator can put some more on the map as they are not in the object list. Would be nice to have the ability to place a hangar or a house where we need it for a mission. If I understand correctly you have object created in a format that is not compatible to use in mission editor. Would be nice to change that.

I agree that 3D models should be as nice as module and that's why I understand creating content like planes, tanks and ships is long. But there are lot of things that could be created easily : sandbags, houses, factory, oil tank, hangar ... Those could be created faster than a battleship or a plane module and are really needed.

I don't want my post be deleted so I will not compare game. But to point out some use of those static objects, please check that link. It's a campaign we just finished weeks ago. This post contain picture of only 4 missions but check the picture of the ground page 1 and 2 :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=205600#p1739072

imagine that at first the ground was completely flat. No tree and almost no object.

The addition of them add lot of life to the mission. And more, the addition of tree and anti-straffing protection forced pilot to make dive attack instead of low level attack. This make us more vulnerable to AAA.

those objects are decorative but have a real impact on gameplay. And I don't talk about the target I have created and secret objective I have hidden in the map.

Being able to add house, sandbags, oil tanks, hangar, ... is something really important but missing in DCS now.

Hope to see more planes, tanks and ships. But I hope to see those objects too.

You mean Ugra-media make the texture and 3D of the ground. Then ED create objects. And finally Ugra or ED place those objects on Normandy. So objects are from ED and are part of asset pack.

By "To expand the mission editor content, that need build added to the last" you mean that we don't have the last build of editor but when it will be released, all those objects will be in it as part of an asset pack update (maybe not this one) ?

No. ED only get the TDK and surelly some "assets" to start, but to build a map, need build the map and all assets by the 3rd party.

You need use the EDM plugin to build all necesary 3D objects and assets used in the map building. That EDMs has not present as "EDM" on actual maps file structure, that has convert on other format to use them into the map. You can see some of them into the Normandy directory as "Models" directory.

How working the TDK, that is a "compilator", a terrain editor and more.

ED youtube channel, explain how build 3D objects, build maps and a long etc to the TDK.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaPQkzo_8EYgp5S5umJ6-g

The actual "assets pack" units has builded by ED, use the same EDM plugin and "pack" them as a module and not require the TDK (the EDM files has present). That has insert direct into DCS by lua code to use in the DCS mission editor.

You can found the EDM plug-in here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86205

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone says what is missing until World War II, of course they are right, because much is missing. Of course, you can exchange endlessly, but I'm struck by the disproportion in anti-aircraft defense. Germany has various anti-aircraft guns, allies only have one Bofors 40mm gun. I realize that ED is waiting a lot of work and it is not as easy as it might seem, but when can we expect at least such alignment in anti-aircraft armament?

Everyone says what is missing until World War II, of course they are right, because much is missing. Of course, you can exchange endlessly, but I'm struck by the disproportion in anti-aircraft defense. Germany has various anti-aircraft guns, allies only have one Bofors 40mm gun. I realize that ED is waiting a lot of work and it is not as easy as it might seem, but when can we expect at least such alignment in anti-aircraft armament?

I would assume that Allies had much less AAA in normandy then Axis. Since Allies were in offence and axis in defense so it would logical that axis would have much more AAA.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Assets seem to take ED an exceptionally long time to get around to. Remember the time disparety between seeing the first shots of SA-2, and HY-2 launchers, and them actually getting implemented? It's really silly. (Yes I understand there's a difference between art models and the coding behind it..)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

From today newsletter, added new AAA and funtionality in develop.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168367&postcount=233

DCS: World War II Assets Pack

Work continues on the World War II assets pack, with the addition of several important air, ground, and naval units including:

Ju-88A-4 medium bomber

A-20 Boston medium bomber

C-47 transport

MK.VIII Centaur IV tank

Mk.IV Churchill VII tank

Elefant self-propelled artillery

Stug III tank destroyer

M10 tank destroyer

QF 3.7-inch AA gun

37 mm Gun M1

M45 Quadmount that can be used on different platforms

8.8 cm Flak 41 AAA

Flakscheinwerfer 37 and generator support unit

Schnellboot Type S-100 E-Boat

Type VII U-Boat

We are also looking at adding some exciting new features to the Asset pack, which include Torpedoes, Paratroopers and functional searchlights.

not appears the Ju-87 talked by Wags on PcPilot interview :noexpression:

Germany has various anti-aircraft guns, allies only have one Bofors 40mm gun.

According to todays newsletter, Allied are going to get 90mm AA gun plus 0.5cals M45 Quadmount.

It looks like that "the disproportion" will be erased with incoming Assets pack update.

As always, question is when? :)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

According to todays newsletter, Allied are going to get 90mm AA gun plus 0.5cals M45 Quadmount.

It looks like that "the disproportion" will be erased with incoming Assets pack update.

As always, question is when? :)

That is what we have been asking since August. Recall that summer was the release date.