Furthest contact picked up by AWG-9?

WelshZeCorgi

Right, I forgot about the PD. The problem is I mostly played in Single player, only until last Sunday did I play RIO in multicrew and see how far it was capable of looking, though it doesn't put track files on the TID in this mode.

I got the impression of radar range from the TID, and Jester doesn't report any contacts on the DDD in PD (does Jester even use PD search?), so I thought I wasn't finding anything beyond 120 miles.

How would a RIO report a PD contact anyhow? Bogey 20 right, closing 600 kts, long range?

I think that would be something like that, but telling his pilot this is a PD-only contact.

The workflow for a RIO would be to stay in RWS, if there are no contacts, you switch to PD Search, if you pick up something, then you know it's extremely far out, since RWS doesn't show anything.

Then it's a matter of juggling between PD and RWS until the target shows up. Once the target is close enough, you then switch to TWS and so on. I think it's possible to lock the target up to STT using the DDD in PD Search too, if you don't mind the reduced SA (or if the target is confirmed to be alone).

• 3 weeks later...