Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option

hreich

Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option

• Yes
    • No

This is question for devs - will they ever implement save game function in this almost 11 years old product? I see that they are adding new modules in hyperlong beta state, but i don't see them trying to:

- fix replay track system

- add save game option

And for all you simmers out there plese vote - Do you need save game option ?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

What if the NOs came from devs?

From devs and MP only users :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Interesting

I am neither dev nor MP user. My answer to the question -

Do you need save game option ?
is NO, as I don't need this option.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am neither dev nor MP user. My answer to the question - is NO, as I don't need this option.

Tom and I were only teasing. Emoticons are generally used to indicate the writers mood or expression (which unfortunately seems to be necessary nowadays). In this case my expression was sarcasm :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I voted YES even though i'm a 100% of the time a MP player.

I voted yes because i do understand the need for in SP but it would also be great for MP, though it would work slightly differently: instead of a "usual" save function, we'd need to save the position and status of AI units and objects so that we could "save" at the end of the night, re-edit for a subsequent mission with different flights and objectives and resume with the battlefield in the same state as the previous one. This would be huge for long-term campaigns in MP but also a huge amount of work i suspect

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

I also voted no, as a primarily offline player. I don't see what the issue is with reflying. If you fail a mission and don't have time to refly, or whatever refly it another time. It's really not that big a deal, I've never played a flight sim that had 'checkpoints' (although that may be a strange coincidence) and I've never really missed them.

The only time I have become irritated at reflying a mission is very recently because of a very poorly made one that had me repeatedly failing out of confusion until I opened the editor and realised the briefing was outdated... or just wrong or something

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I also voted no, as a primarily offline player. I don't see what the issue is with reflying. If you fail a mission and don't have time to refly, or whatever refly it another time. It's really not that big a deal, I've never played a flight sim that had 'checkpoints' (although that may be a strange coincidence) and I've never really missed them.

The save function would be aimed at those who don't have that much time to fly and sometimes (many times actually) it happens that you're halfway through a mission and for whatever reason you have to logoff and go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Save game lol, its like a cheat in sim. Voted NO:music_whistling:

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

Save game lol, its like a cheat in sim. Voted NO:music_whistling:

With this opinion you have to stay on a ship for two weeks or take some hours long transition flights before you switch between a PG mission or a Caucasus mission. That's a realy weird point that you try to make here. At best you shouldn't be allowed to play the sim if you don't make it through the sports test for fighter pilots.

Some people here don't have the time to play along a two hours mission from an campaign in one session. I really don't get it why it would be cheating in SP if you can do a long mission in multiple sessions.

There are things like unlimited ammo and fuel in SP. But saving your progress in a mission is a bad cheat?

This brings me to the conclusion that you want this game only be played by a much smaller elite than it already is played by. People who don't have a family with kids or a stressful job. At best, so it seems, you like to have only jobless persons with time only for DCS are playing this?

@ The Dan,

No need to get frustrated with one's opinion.

The poll question is:

Do you need save game option ?
. This is a question with a binary answer. Whatever the reason for YES or NO, one should respect such an answer.

For example, I replied "no" as I don't need save game option, which does not imply I don't feel others who need it.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No, simple and realistic

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

But to say (not only imply) it would be cheating is a bit harsh. So i answered with the same harshness but more empathy on the folks who can't play for 2h or 3h straight. If He thinks he doesn't need it, than implying it is cheating degrades the others who think they need it. Espacially in terms of single player missions.

I would very much like a save game option, cause then I can finally work my way trough my large sandbox missions. In other words, save my progress in large missions that is more than a single sortie. For me it wouldnt be stopping mid air, or even having to be alive to save. I want to save my destruction, fly all the planes I own, use them in their various roles etc, and work my way trough a map filled with SAM sites, strikes targets, CAS targets, shipping etc etc.

Has nothing to do with being realistic or not, or a cheat.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

In lieu of a save game option how about the option of either starting your mission 1) cold and dark on the ramp, 2) ready on the runway, 3) airborne and ingressing?

Currently this can be done by making three separate missions in the editor, and it’s a nice way to scale the gameplay based on how much time the player has.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

Yes!

But to say (not only imply) it would be cheating is a bit harsh. So i answered with the same harshness but more empathy on the folks who can't play for 2h or 3h straight. If He thinks he doesn't need it, than implying it is cheating degrades the others who think they need it. Espacially in terms of single player missions.

Saying it this way makes me agree with the fact conveyed. You are right here.

Currently I play DCS only about once a week due to the time required. I would play it a lot more if there was a way to resume campaign missions.

When the Dynamic Campaign is launched this will be an essential feature. Without it the endless supply of realistic missions won’t be accessible to any player who isn’t retired or unemployed.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Im saying no just to level it up to make things exciting :thumbup:

If you choose that level of challenge it’s up to you. Sometimes I want to accomplish an entire mission like that. The Maple Flag course for example. But every player can decide that for themselves or the mission designer can.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Obviously yes, because it wouldn't be much of simulator if you couldn't, and as more advanced features (and campaigns in particular) are added, it becomes essential to make those features worth-while. There's really no sensible reason not to have it.

Rule #1 of any service: don't waste the customer's time.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧