T-Flight HOTAS One controller question

santanig5

Greetings,

Question for the group, I am new to PC gaming and DCS, I purchased a T-Flight HOTAS One controller and mounted it on a frame I built, but the wire between the throttle and the stick is too short.

Can someone point me to directions to modify?

I assume some of you have found the same.

Thanks

ee05ac07956acba0973587b3856f6ab3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh, probably wrong thread to get into ''how tos''. Rewiring it persay isn't.the problem, it's that if you start extending the wiring you might get signal issues. In general, people tethering their stuff together like that is to save a few cents on parts on the inside @@ That's really probably not an ideal device for pit building :p

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Greetings,

I am new to PC gaming and DCS,

Welcome to the jungle. Life will not be the same.

I assume that the cable is "Hard Wired". That being the case, I would start by opening it up to see whats under the hood. That, I also assume, will destroy your warranty. If you go under the hood route, I would look at wiring a longer cable to controller and splicing it to the other, for starters. See if it works. Maybe look into a set of connectors that will allow you to do a more permanent job. I would also think about soldering skills. Most of these wire in the cables are very thin for wire nuts.

But, actually I think you bought the wrong controller. The fact that you here tells me your ready to go a step further with a better setup. I don't know your financial situation, but maybe save up for it. This sort of thing can get expensive.

Good luck.

If you do go the under the hood route. Post photos. We might have use full suggestions.

Flying the Viper Viggen

IYAOYAS

Why not center mount that stick instead, should give you enough reach. Having said that, upgrading to the T16000M HOTAS set might be even better.

PC: 9900K/3090, 11700K/2080Ti, 8700K/1080.

Joystick bases: TMWx2, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator RS Linear Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Pro 2, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index