What a mess. VR mouse freeze = total reinstall

JIMJAM

Never had a VR issue but it got old so I took a vr vacation this summer. I did try it a few times but not in the last month. Well today I fired up DCS,clicked ON VR and here I sit 8 hrs later at 2 am eastern reloading DCS and a dozen modules. What lead to this was the opening screen would come up and within 2 seconds freeze along with the mouse. So how the he** are you supposed to enter the menu and revert back?

I tried all the alt ent, oculus,stream vr but bottom line is no mouse= nothing. I have already started reinstalling iirc 80 gigs so go ahead and tell me HOW one gets out of that situation. I will NEVER attempt VR until I know I can revert back to normal. No doubt there is a command switch but being hard headed like most I nuked the sim. Never had to do a DCS reinstall so I cannot wait to see what surprises await me :fear:

Edited by JIMJAM

Hi JIMJAM

You should not need to reinstall.

My advice would be to run a cleanup and repair and rename your dcs folder in your saved games location. ( keep it as a backup )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

edit-- I did try the clean up/repair but did not see them. IIRC I got errors and other cryptic messages that led me to this.

I just finished reinstalling and if I try to run it I see what appears to be a small box flashed in a fraction of a second and then nothing. That said, the original DCS was on a external drive and was moved over to a new ssd which is what I have been using over 6 months. Just to see what happens, I clicked on the RUN and DCS opened!!!! So the old beta loads yet a newly installed one will not load. My guess is I have all kind of registry errors. Way passed bed time and I have done enough damage. Deal with it later but I probably need to wipe it all off including reg entries etc. Any help appreciated.... Thanks

When you get time attach your dcs.log if you have one.

You only need to touch the registry if you have changed the hardware on the pc like cpu or ram https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/

You could also contact support directly if you wish

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks... I installed dcs world and not the beta which seems to work. So at 3am I left the computer to install the dozens or so addons. Just woke up and other than having to mess with the controls again despite saving that input folder, looks like I may have to redo all. No biggie.

Not sure what the difference is betreen the beta and world. Sure as heck not going to attempt VR again.

Thanks... I installed dcs world and not the beta which seems to work. So at 3am I left the computer to install the dozens or so addons. Just woke up and other than having to mess with the controls again despite saving that input folder, looks like I may have to redo all. No biggie.

Not sure what the difference is betreen the beta and world. Sure as heck not going to attempt VR again.

Dude got nothing to do with VR...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public