Has anyone noticed........

that around the net, the interest in Lock On seems to have grown quite substantially. There are more visitors and posters at Simhq than ever before for instance.

For me its no surprise with Lock on posessing the best flight model in any sim (excluding x-plane) and so many wonderful mods out there.

Yep, I see a very bright future for ED and TFC, there is obviously a lot happening since the fiasco of the original Lock on and the dreadful decision to have Ubisoft as the distributor.

Keep it up, Lock on is still my favorite game/simulator and its getting better and better - well done ED.

Mizzy

I give it to the excitement growing around Ka-50, a big leap forward for ED and us. For the first time, we'll see a "nearly" complete aircraft being modelled for a combat sim with superb graphics and environment. Now, I just wonder what's waiting us "beyond" BS :)

I say one big thx for ED team for having patience and dedication to do sim like we have today FC.

I am shure that BS (not bull s**t :)) will be even better than current models we have now, and again thx ED team and one vodka up for team Ed,cheers!!

OK, all is beauty but about BS - I would have to MiG-21 or 31 than Helicopter or get all 3D cocpits with REAL avionics which we can have in Falcon 4 AF (in F4 avionics is much much real than FC). And Iam worrying about system requirements - if we get again something like that that PCs will be too weak to play in game, that will be again what was when Lock on was released. But big plus to ED - Iam very happy that we can fly Russian planes, not only boring F16, even with not to end real avionics.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team

While a lot of it may have to to with Black Shark's progression, I think a lot also has to do with some of the great modifications that this community is doing. Some of the more recent mods by TekaTeka and Rocky have been really great work. On top of that Thomas has been doing a great job in getting the word out about these mods.

that around the net, the interest in Lock On seems to have grown quite substantially. ....

Mizzy

If you see a growing intereest in FC, everything was said here is OK.

But, about Lomac, it's only due to illegal downloads...:(

You will see many asking basic questions (no problem), but without mentioning which version they are using. They even don't know that are more than one version:megalol:.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz; Intel Board DG41RQ; Sparkle GF 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3; 2 x Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G 2 GB DDR2 800; Samsung SyncMaster T240M LCD; Samsung HD502HI 500GB 5400rpm; Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C; eXtream X-Raptor 650W FEX-65P14HE; Leadership Commander 6731; Clone Cobra 01654; Leadership Twin Turbo 1021;D-LINK DWA 510; WISE RJAC-323 Black Piano; Zalman ZM-F3 LED 120 mm; Windows 7 HP 64.

The thing is that actually there is no helicopter sim out there that is up-to-date. For sure you can play Longbow2 or EECH, but one is very old and on modern PC hard to install and play, the other is not really that nice as far as multiplaying, widescreen support and modable is concerned. BS will be the #1 helosim out there for years since years. ;)

Also the system requirements on flightsim were ALWAYS the highest since I play on the PC. Age of Empires never needed as much power as Falcon4 (hurray 16fps over FLOT). DI's Tornado always needed more power than Days of Tentakles.

Keeping the Fire burning!

Hi,

I have noticed alot of "New" players, which is good for ED, and our comunity.

I feel that some of us have done a good job in helping out "New" players with LOMAC issues.

We need to keep the Ball rolling and help "New" guys/girls in what ever aspect they need.

Some concerns of mine.

1. Marketing: we/consumers have no tools of recrutement other than word of mouth.

2. Conventions: There are no LOMAC conventions in the USA.

3. Walmart/Best Buy: Just because LOMAC is on the shelf this does not mean that LOMAC will be here forever.

Me and my bud some years ago started our own "Table Top" war game called 100kingdoms. Our FIRST PRIORITY as far as sales was HOBBY SHOPS like Hobby town, other Hobby chain stores, and the most important was the Ma and Pa Hobby shops. We had a program where the Shop owners would tell "New" buyers about becoming a game recuiter. We pushed the "Grass Roots" like Gorillas. After 6 months after opening our doors to the "Game" market" we were knocking on the door of "Wizards of the Coast" I wont get into any $ numbers but put it this way OUR ON SITE GAME PEOPLE IN THE HOBBY SHOPS made it all happen!!!!

The whole point of my babbling is that I am tring to push the point that our comunity is VERY SMALL COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF UNIT SALES OF LOMAC. It would be nice to see some other options for consumers like Conventions that local guys like me could set up. GEN-CON????? Gamers go to GEN-CON not Walmart and Best buy.

I played D&D befor it was Cool!

:joystick:

P.S. 169th Web-site gets an A+ for design and user friendly options.

If you see a growing intereest in FC, everything was said here is OK.

But, about Lomac, it's only due to illegal downloads...:(

You will see many asking basic questions (no problem), but without mentioning which version they are using. They even don't know that are more than one version:megalol:.

So what?? In order to get the most out of LO, new players must get it the legal way.

My theory is that LO's increasing popularity is due to the fact the most exported planes are the sukhois and the closest experience in flying them these days is not via FSX or any other (if there is) simulation game but Lock on. Besides I've been like a good evangelist spreading the word :D

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Guest Dr. Shocker
While a lot of it may have to to with Black Shark's progression, I think a lot also has to do with some of the great modifications that this community is doing. Some of the more recent mods by TekaTeka and Rocky have been really great work. On top of that Thomas has been doing a great job in getting the word out about these mods.

You left out the the squadrons that pay for the servers we fly on. Thanx to all the squadrons.

It's the community that drives the interest. I was noticing some withdraw of people from HL, but after the community made possible events like LOCERF (thanks to 159th Fudd), BSS (169th) and VFAT (White Ravens) the spark is back.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I agree that there seems to be an increase in interest in LOMAC, the one thing that helps this is the general feeling that everyone is welcome to join in. I've was very reluctant to join a squad or go online for ages because I had some bad experience in another gaming community. Since taking part online and joining the 159th I've been made to feel very welcome and most have shown great willingness to help out with technical issues and flying skills.

My view is that if you make this experience accessible to the non hardcore fightsim junkies, you see more and more people getting involved. Being open and non exclusive is vital to keep this community alive. The noob is just as valuable as the veteran, we were all noobs once. :)

Also I think we need to get the word out there in the PC / Internet press that the flight/combat scene is as vibrant and exciting as FPS and RTS.

Thanks to all that spend hours and hours to come up with mods, skins, admin servers, moderate boards, run squads and turn up on HL etc.:thumbup:

Yeah, squads are the greatest doping. Joining the =RvE= completely changed my attitude about LO and flight sims in general. It's quiet addicting also :)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Oh yeah I forgot to add...

since ED gave us a few tools to work with, its been a mods frenzy :D

Tomcatz creations are nothing shot of genius and now I read that we are going to get a big overhaul on graphics by some very talented Guy very soon.

Yes I think that now our computers can run the thing this must have helped Lock On (or FC which is what I play).

It just goes to show, if we are able to mod a game and the more modable it is, the greater the interest in it and its longivity. I am not getting into the arguments about BS cos it always ends up in BS! ;)

But, I think BS should be stand alone :D

Mizzy

Are ED going to take-on the role of publisher/distributer for BS? That's quite a task. Best of luck to them.

As in the book world, publishers can come in pretty useful for marketing, and of course, distibution. Don't they also hand out wads of cash (advances) to assist with developent?

DPS.

Hawg11, you couldn't have been more right..

Tomcatz creations are nothing shot of genius and now I read that we are going to get a big overhaul on graphics by some very talented Guy very soon.

For real? Those are more good news

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I credit the movie makers for the new blood. Marketing is everything and the LO/BS Directors are the best we have too fill that gig. They're actually pulling double duty for us. If it wasn't for them posting their work on Youtube the numbers would be drastically lower.

Hair on the wall... Blood in the street... The

crush of bone ' neath my feet.

I suppose I'm one of the new people. One of the reasons is because like somebody said, there aren't any helicopter sims. I used to own Enemy Engaged and I tried the sequel and I found it to be aweful.

I really enjoyed Commanche 4, but its old now, so it looks primitive graphically. But it was also a little bit too simple for me. I really like simple, arcadey flight sims as much as the very realistic ones, but I think Commanche 4 was just a bit TOO far in the arcade direction. It was more like playing first person shooter.

My main gripe with the Commanche games too, is that they never seem to have many missions, and once those missions are complete... there isn't much playability left in the game. And usually, I can complete all the missions in a week or so.

So yeah, Black Shark is out there on its own with no competition. It also looks really great :) The movies are really impressive.

I am also a fan of Lock On itself though too.