Best loadout against tank

Neon67

If the tanks are stationary, all guided munitions that can be carried on double racks.

Right now that would be 8x GBU-12 (500 Pound), 8x GBU-38 (500 Pound), or 8x JSOW C (1000 Pound)

Later on we will get the GBU-32, which is 1000 Pounds and can be carried on the BRU-55 double rack aswell.

If the target is moving, there is only GBU-12 left.

Mavericks are very effective too of course. Can’t carry quite as many as GBU-12 though.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

The safest, meaning keeping out of enemy fire would be GBUs or JSOWs or Mavericks.

However, if it’s deemed no MANPADs or shoulder mounted SAMs present, CBU-99s or Rockeyes are pretty good. They take a bit of skill to properly deploy or you’ll waste your time. Dumb bombs like mk-82s are not recommended because they are the most difficult to hit such a small area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The safest, meaning keeping out of enemy fire would be GBUs or JSOWs or Mavericks.

However, if it’s deemed no MANPADs or shoulder mounted SAMs present, CBU-99s or Rockeyes are pretty good. They take a bit of skill to properly deploy or you’ll waste your time. Dumb bombs like mk-82s are not recommended because they are the most difficult to hit such a small area.

I agree. However MK-82's are great fun.

Curious to know how many tanks / armored vehicles have been taken out by Hornets. Any way to find out?

Not unless you have security clearance, and a need to know.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I agree. However MK-82's are great fun.

Not for me. Nothing but disappointment most of the time. They are great for buildings or large structures really quick in and out. I don’t really use the retarded bombs that much just because I’ve read some inconsistencies on the releasing calculation.

Maybe I’ll start playing around with them again.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

As the other guys say GBU-12's or Jdams since you cannot carry that many maveric missiles.

But dropping many GBU's i dare to call unrealistic in "real" war.

Tanks are not undefended against air targets in real life.. so expect several shilkas or tunguskas in the area that follow the tanks for air support and other long range systems that protect them + CAP planes.

( think of defence as an onion with several layers that need to be removed before you reach the tanks).

They dont have to shoot you down, they just have to "stop" you from attacking and hitting anyting ( scare you away ) to be successfull.

Basicly forget about dropping many GBU's, you can only lase one target at a time, meaning if you are to take out 4 tanks you will have to stay high above the target area for a really long longe time my guess +8 minutes and that is not good in war. ( imagine enemy already have called for enemy fighters to kill you that are on the way. In 8 minutes a fighter plane in the air can fly very far and intercept you.

Ofcourse it depend on situation and in some situations you can stay arround for longer due to air superiotity or other people protecting you.

The best advice IF you are to hit allot of stationary dug down tanks and want to kill as many as fast in a surprise atack then use jdams, you can drop example 6 jdams fast and from far away, and they hit almost at the same time so tanks have no time to leave their possition.

However maybe it will be best to bring the maveric + your wingman since the maveric can hit both stationary but also moving targets.. The jdam cannot hit moving targets...

Just saying situation might change and tanks start to move, then what, now your only option is to get down low and drop bombs with ccip mode and its speculative if you hit anything, and also you risk recieving damage to your plane.. ;-)

All in all what people typical do wrong is they get down to low or get to close to the target and then their "fragile" plane get hit by a bullet and things end badly. Being trigger happy or carry as many bombs as possible is not the best idea in many cases especially in multiplayer.

Long story short use the right tool for the job.