"Real-time" ongoing SP mission?

Nealius

Basically I want the player to be able to jump into a mission "in progress." Let's say I start the mission at 0600 with a carrier in Location A. At 1200 the carrier should be in Location B and at 1600 it should be in Location C.

By default DCS starts the player at 0600 with the carrier in Location A. If I change the player's spawn time to 1400, the player has to wait 8 hours (or ctrl+z) before flying. If I change the mission start time to 1400, the carrier starts from Location A.

I want to negate the player's wait time, but I also want the carrier to be where it should be at 1400 when the player joins the mission, i.e. the carrier should be somewhere between Location B and Location C. Essentially like running a 24-hour MP server, but doing it on SP without having the mission running forever.

Is there any way to do this?

That is basically what a dynamic campaign is. If it is the case of "merely" moving the ship then its just a bit of math of speed, time, route, and modifying the mission file itself. But I suspect you'd like everything else to be simulated appropriately, which goes back to it basically being what a dynamic campaign is.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum