AI question and editor

skywalker22

I'm very new to DCS (3 weeks) so I'm still learning stuff. I know Su-27 quite well by now, but as for the labels, I use min. data, so yee, its still not a simulation, but I use it for reasons as mentioned. I'll switch labels off when I'll be ready. But it sure is a complete different level not using any assists, where your only data are HUD and RWR.

And thx for the tips, I appreciate it. Will try your tracks.

Btw, what did you set in editor so AI behaves more like a human?

Edited by mitja_bonca

I'm very new to DCS (3 weeks) so I'm still learning stuff. I know Su-27 quite well by now, but as for the labels, I use min. data, so yee, its still not a simulation, but I use it for reasons as mentioned. I'll switch labels off when I'll be ready. But it sure is a complete different level not using any assists, where your only data are HUD and RWR.

And thx for the tips, I appreciate it. Will try your tracks.

Btw, what did you set in editor so AI behaves more like a human?

Welcome to DCS. About the editor, please open a new thread here and ask your question. The community will help you, so you can learn make your own missions to have more fun.

Here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to DCS. About the editor, please open a new thread here and ask your question. The community will help you, so you can learn make your own missions to have more fun.

He can already make missions but I'm curious too as to what you did to make AI more human like.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yes, I am doing mission already.

I see what you mean by AI acting more like human, with defining 2 triggers, and their actions.

Things you set differently then normal:

- wait 7 seconds with the missiles and use passive defence maneuvers

- when user is inside the moving (trigger) zone, AI uses free of choice missile and abort the mission if needed

What does that make to be more human wise?

Edited by mitja_bonca

All this changes in my track are related with a closer human behavior for AI in DCS. Then you gonna feel it is a human player, not AI. Also this tracks/mission are oriented to training and learn specifics tactics.

About the triggers itself. Everyone can be used for different actions and it will be better you open a new thread for every trigger and explain in post what you gonna do with this trigger then the people can help you better.

In my track/mission file. Those settings were made to force the AI to behave like a Human. Example: better range to missile be launched, force the AI make a longer Notch maneuver. etc. etc.

I am talking about those files:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4020324&postcount=4

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4020999&postcount=6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still haven`t been anyswered.

AI can see all and from any acpect (anlge of the plane - from where we humen cannot), as far as I`ve seen.

Is there anything that can be done to make AI less perfect, to overlook sometimes, specially in cases where they are facing away from me, and maybe start turning defensively in that case, not to turn staight onto me from some strange positions?

Edited by mitja_bonca

AI can see all and from any acpect (anlge of the plane - from where we humen cannot), as far as I`ve seen.

If you turn off your radar you can fly behind (and lower) AI safely. The simple things in ME to change for AI are difficulty and weapons/CMs choice. All the rest you have to work through triggers and scripts.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria