Need an aircrew member pilot/rio

Bloody_gums

Preferably we can switch out seats -I need to learn RIO- until we find our sweet spot.

But I want a regular crew member to fly with please. For online PvP but also to fly coop missions - itd be a lot of fun to fly say the DCE Fq4 campaign as a crew no? Let me know gentlemen

If you need to learn the RIO seat, I strongly suggest the ME. You can create any situation possible and take your time to experiment and learn.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

If you need to learn the RIO seat, I strongly suggest the ME. You can create any situation possible and take your time to experiment and learn.

Uhm, he pretty clearly stated, that he wants more than that:

But I want a regular crew member to fly with please. For online PvP but also to fly coop missions - itd be a lot of fun to fly say the DCE Fq4 campaign as a crew no? Let me know gentlemen

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uhm, he pretty clearly stated, that he wants more than that:

I can read thanks. I also know, by having seen lots and lots of F-14 with full human crew dying in really bad ways, that starting in a calmer environment is much more productive (yet, of course, less exciting).

I didn't know I had to ask your permission to share an advice out of my experience to avoid a possible source of frustration, but thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

I can read thanks. I also know, by having seen lots and lots of F-14 with full human crew dying in really bad ways, that starting in a calmer environment is much more productive (yet, of course, less exciting).

I didn't know I had to ask your permission to share an advice out of my experience to avoid a possible source of frustration, but thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

Well, you don't have to jump right onto the 104th or the Blue Flag server, just because you have a full human crew. You can also just start in a calmer, more protected environment (e.g. a private training server) with a full crew.

But anyways, my purpose wasn't to question your ability to read nor did I want to give you permissions that you don't need. I just felt your reaction to better practice solo for someone who is looking for a buddy might be a bit discouraging and wanted to make clear that you doesn't need to be a fully capable RIO before you try to find someone to fly with. :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Teamwork makes the dream work. Learning as a team is difficult to do because the drills that a pilot does to learn how to fly are very different from the drills a RIO should do to learn the efficient manipulation of sensor and weapons systems.

for example, i regularly fly in very tight circles at varying speeds for like 15 - 20 minutes at a time to get a feel for best corner performance and how the 14 feels at high AOA... that's not really a drill the RIO needs to come along for... same with CASE 1 landing training. RIO would get bored. And vice versa... a RIO in training just needs the pilot to fly in a straight line while he does stuff to the weapons and radar systems.... kinda boring for the pilot.

Both pilots and RIOs should train offline doing drills to learn the skills they need to be good teammates. but that's just my 2 cents.

There ARE things the RIO can do even if the pilot is just trying out maneuvers. For instance, he can call out the airspeed and/or AOA in real time, so the pilot doesn't have to look down at his instruments periodically. I find that it is harder to keep a tally on a bandit in a critical turning fight if you keep looking down to see what your energy/speed state is. The RIO can also practice trying to keep a tally and constant update for the pilot so you don't end up being like Jester (haha).

Admittedly it's not a lot that the RIO can do in that situation, but it's good habit.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Where does the RIO see AoA?

Over the pilots shoulder ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Aren't there some dedicated no combat training servers? He might be able to hop on one of those and see who's up to fly? There's a lot of basics one can practice before even firing a weapon.

To answer both of you Im pretrt experienced in sims in general and can fly the f14 pretty well. I can trap and drop lgbs and use the missiles etc. But the fimer ppints of rio I need to learn and I cant refuel in it yet.

I know all about the servers but Id rather find a potential crewmemmber here than signing on the 104th etc and yelling into cjat "does anyone wanna fly together?!" And then explain i also mean not just that one sortie as well.

I wanna build a rapport of sorts - planes like this once you get a good team going thats one of their real advantages.

As to missions where it doesnt seem the rio needs to go along I dosagree. A lot od people were rudely surprised rios didnt want to fly with them when f14 came out - they banked to hard and did hard turns and rolls needlessly constantly blacking the rio out. Its good to learn to fly with a human in the plane. Also as noted the rio calls out speed can call out fuel help with just spotting. Theres lots to be done.

Hell I find new stuff screwing around all the time - lots of interesting stuff in there like adding map markers from the f10 map to the f14s comp

The Hornet is way more popular on this server atm, its superior datalink making it a good platform for competitive PvP - and it got some nice new weapons/gadgets recently to learn and play with.

But there‘s usually a few cats flying on the server as well. But it’s true, presence on TS AND willingness to fly multicrew is very rare.

I‘d have crewed a cat with you on 104th, but I‘m still on vacation until next Sunday.

So see you another time on their Teamspeak maybe!

What‘s your timezone?

I flew with Shadoga as my RIO and pilot, and if he is willing to team up with you, go for it, great guy, great fun; great experience can only recommend. And if you don't find anyone by mid September -

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I can see flying with human RIO actually offers so much fun. The reason I fly all alone because I don't speak english well, I can hear better and understand what you guys talk (thanks to Hollywood Movies). Lot of players asking me to join the TS but I politely refused and prefered hearing through SRS.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Preferably we can switch out seats -I need to learn RIO- until we find our sweet spot.

You got a pm... ;-)

The Hornet is way more popular on this server atm, its superior datalink making it a good platform for competitive PvP - and it got some nice new weapons/gadgets recently to learn and play with.

But there‘s usually a few cats flying on the server as well. But it’s true, presence on TS AND willingness to fly multicrew is very rare.

I‘d have crewed a cat with you on 104th, but I‘m still on vacation until next Sunday.

So see you another time on their Teamspeak maybe!

What‘s your timezone?

EST from Boston. Pm me if you like - I got a pm this am so Im pumped by the responses guys! I have time to fly wirh anyone and Ill take either seat - Im watching youtibe tutorials on the RIO seat to learn it better. At least I got lantirn down good but the radar obciously is key.

To the guy whose worried about his english. You should msg me remember you only rlly need to learn to understand aviation terms and say those. We wont be talking about politics its going to be like "any bandits?" " lock him up" "switch to the mark 82s"

Worth a shot my friend

I am one of the leads for the RIO training program for vcvw-11. You may be familiar with our very own Spiceman's videos on Youtube for the RIO seat. We are currently looking for RIO's to fill our two 14 squadrons. There are plenty of opportunities there to fly with some great pilots and have an all around great time.. vcvw-11.com!