Fa-18c button and joystick shooting button and weapon selection button are invalid

My Fa-18c{ button and joystick} shooting button and weapon selection button are invalid after setting.

Fa-18c{ button and joystick} shooting button and weapon selection button are invalid after setting. Even if the module is removed and reinstalled, no matter how to set it, you can't choose weapons and shooting. This problem has been bothering me for a long time, requesting explanation THIS BUG

Assuming you flipped the Arm switch and are in aa mode :

Are you setting / using the same profile (game/sim) ?

No double binds (two bindings on the same horizontal line) ?

Have you checked stick button function in widows controller ?

What stick are you using ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Again, have you checked your joystick buttons in Windows controller settings? I don't think it's a bug with the game, since other users aren't reporting it.

Do your buttons work fine with other modules?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team

Hi please include a short track replay showing the issue and we will take a look.

Are you using game avionics in settings?

I am using my weapon release and trigger without issues when I test.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is normal to use the included flight and weapon training course, but the general mode can not use the cannon and missile after pressing left shif+x shift +s. I thought for a long time and couldn't think of it.

Might be a silly question, but the jet has weapons loaded correct? Stores page shows armament? Have you tried to run the "DCS repair tool"? Try to upload a track file for the issue so we can try to help you out. Same as others, I have just flown for 6 hours today and no issue whatsoever, so seems to be isolated problem at this point, as others have also stated they aren't having issues either.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

請諒解我只能用中文說明:

我想我應該已經找到這種不可思議錯誤的原因

在dcs world的控制選項中有簡易飛行 及仿真飛行 飛行兩種模式

然而一般ed的程式設計師都只注重仿真飛行模式 ,可能對簡易飛行模式有所忽略

我發現我的問題是即使我在dcs進入畫面的選單中不勾選"簡易飛行"

但是在進入fa-18c上天空飛行時,搖桿 鍵盤控制選項還是依照"簡易飛行"模式控制

那麼起飛以後照說應該進入真實飛行模式,但實際狀況式還是依照簡易飛行模式控制

但很不幸的fa-18c的簡易飛行式中控制選項居然沒有武器開火等作戰必備項目

這就導致我無論如何設定 ,按"1"永遠都不會進入AA模式,按 L SHIFT+X永遠不會進入機炮模式

因為程式還是遵循簡易飛行模式在控制

這是ED的程式設計瑕疵 希望儘速修正

自我購入模組後都無法射擊開火

這個問題最簡單解決方法是在FA-18C飛行中的控制選項刪除"簡易飛行"

希望你們能瞭解

I think I should have found the reason for this incredible mistake.

There are two modes of EASY flight and REAL flight in the control options of dcs world.

However, the general ed programmers only pay attention to the REAL flight mode, which may be ignored for the EASY flight mode.

I found that my problem is that even if I don't check "Easy Flight" in the menu of dcs entering the screen.

However, when flying into the sky on the fa-18c, the joystick keyboard control option is controlled according to the "simple flight" mode.

Then after taking off, it should be said that it should enter the real flight mode, but the actual situation is still controlled according to the simple flight mode !!!!!!!!!!!

However, the unfortunate fa-18c's simple flight control option does not have the necessary combat items such as weapons firing.

This will cause me to set anyway, press "1" will never enter AA mode, press L SHIFT + X will never enter the cannon mode

Because the program still follows the EASY flight mode in control !!!!!!

This is the programming of ED. I hope to fix it as soon as possible.

I can't shoot fire after I buy the module.

The easiest solution to this problem is to remove "simple flight" from the control options in the FA-18C flight.

There is also ED in the future must carefully test REAL and EASY two control options, can not only focus on the REAL option

Edited by huchanronaa

I think I should have found the reason for this incredible mistake.

There are two modes of EASY flight and REAL flight in the control options of dcs world.

However, the general ed programmers only pay attention to the REAL flight mode, which may be ignored for the EASY flight mode.

I found that my problem is that even if I don't check "Easy Flight" in the menu of dcs entering the screen.

However, when flying into the sky on the fa-18c, the joystick keyboard control option is controlled according to the "simple flight" mode.

Then after taking off, it should be said that it should enter the real flight mode, but the actual situation is still controlled according to the simple flight mode !!!!!!!!!!!

However, the unfortunate fa-18c's simple flight control option does not have the necessary combat items such as weapons firing.

This will cause me to set anyway, press "1" will never enter AA mode, press L SHIFT + X will never enter the cannon mode

Because the program still follows the EASY flight mode in control !!!!!!

This is the programming of ED. I hope to fix it as soon as possible.

I can't shoot fire after I buy the module.

The easiest solution to this problem is to remove "simple flight" from the control options in the FA-18C flight.

There is also ED in the future must carefully test REAL and EASY two control options, can not only focus on the REAL option

There are two modes of flying the F/A-18C...... GAME or SIM.

There are two modes of controls as well.......... GAME or SIM.

If you have "GAME MODE" checked in one of the tabs, in your settings, then the "GAME" control configuration will be used.

If you don't have that mode checked in your settings, then the "SIM" control configuration will be used. While on the ground there will be no difference in the controls after you are airborne. It is one or the other. Might have misunderstood your last post, was a bit difficult to stick with - but seems like that is, or was, your issue.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I see Chinese. The translation says there is a difference in English.

EASY=GAME REAL=SIM

YES !I don't have that mode checked in your settings, then the "SIM" control configuration MUST be used.

BUT the actual situation is after take off,THE program still follows the GAME flight mode in control!!!

However, the fa-18c's GAME flight control option does not have the necessary combat items such as weapons firing.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Edited by huchanronaa

I see Chinese. The translation says there is a difference in English.

EASY=GAME REAL=SIM

YES !I don't have that mode checked in your settings, then the "SIM" control configuration MUST be used.

BUT the actual situation is after take off,THE program still follows the GAME flight mode in control!!!

However, the fa-18c's GAME flight control option does not have the necessary combat items such as weapons firing.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Well seems like you have looked into the settings and key binds, along with you selected options in the menus. I'd say your best bet is to take off, enable your master arm, select your a/a or a/g mode, select the trouble weapon(s) and try to employ/fire the weapons that are not functioning for you properly. Then when you exit, select "save track" and post that track here on the forum so a dev or another experienced member can take a look at it to see if they spot something for you. No doubt, sounds frustrating. If you are unsure on how to save the track file and post it, I can try to walk you thru the exact steps, or someone like @bignewy could definitely do that as well.

Cheers,

Don

You can also test it yourself. The dcs fa-18c game mode keyboard joystick control function only has flight control but lacks the most important radar and weapon firing control.

This means that if you use the game mode control function of fa-18c, you will not be able to fight and fire.

Also suspected that ed did not fully test the fa-18c functions on the amd computer system.

Because most players still use the Intel system computer.

The above question has officially filed a bug fix request to ed

You can also test it yourself. The dcs fa-18c game mode keyboard joystick control function only has flight control but lacks the most important radar and weapon firing control.

This means that if you use the game mode control function of fa-18c, you will not be able to fight and fire.

Also suspected that ed did not fully test the fa-18c functions on the amd computer system.

Because most players still use the Intel system computer.

The above question has officially filed a bug fix request to ed

Yeah I’m not at home base bud, or I would have done so. Glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers,

Don

I looked at the website forum and found that many people have problems with the fa-18c keyboard and joystick control. As for the problem I am currently facing, I am sure that no matter how I try, the fa-18c is still used

Game mode controls flight, and ED FA-18C game mode has no weapons shooting, radar control and other functions, which makes it impossible for me to shoot and control the radar. It is an incredible serious mistake.

I looked at the website forum and found that many people have problems with the fa-18c keyboard and joystick control. As for the problem I am currently facing, I am sure that no matter how I try, the fa-18c is still used

Game mode controls flight, and ED FA-18C game mode has no weapons shooting, radar control and other functions, which makes it impossible for me to shoot and control the radar. It is an incredible serious mistake.

Why is it that you don't use sim mode, if I may ask? I use sim mode, have absolutely zero controls mapped in the game mode section, actually cleared each category - and don't have any issues at all with the flight controls. While I have many of the controls bound to my HOTAS, there are still a few that are bound to the keyboard. All function fine.

Cheers,

Don

Why is it that you don't use sim mode, if I may ask? I use sim mode, have absolutely zero controls mapped in the game mode section, actually cleared each category - and don't have any issues at all with the flight controls. While I have many of the controls bound to my HOTAS, there are still a few that are bound to the keyboard. All function fine.

Cheers,

Don

The actual situation is that even if I choose sim mode, after many verifications, fa-18c still controls the flight according to game mode, and fa-18c's game mode has no weapon shooting and radar control function. So I will say:It is an incredible serious mistake.I hope you can understand what I mean.

I use amd system{r5 2600 cpu and asus b350 m/b }

Edited by huchanronaa

The actual situation is that even if I choose sim mode, after many verifications, fa-18c still controls the flight according to game mode, and fa-18c's game mode has no weapon shooting and radar control function. So I will say:It is an incredible serious mistake.I hope you can understand what I mean.

I use amd system{r5 2600 cpu and asus b350 m/b }

I just tried this exact thing - and was able to fly without any issue. I selected game mode, setup the game controls - flew in game mode. Then deselected the game mode, cleared the game controls, then loaded my sim control profile (that I saved before clearing the profile) - and again, flew completely without issue. I have no idea how this could be happening to you, other than a double key bind assignment, or double axis assignment - or some issue with one of you peripheral devices / usb ports.

Bummer, I'd recommend saving some track files so a developer can take a look for you and hopefully sort out the situation for you - cause I've tried everything to replicate what you are describing and cannot replicate your issue. Seems like something in there on your system, or setting, that isn't setup properly or is conflicting with each other.... You are not only selecting the A/G or A/A mode, but also arming the MASTER ARM switch directly below them, correct? Switch should be in the up position. Take a screen shot of the cockpit while in flight and trying to fire weapons. Something other than just text, I'd recommend.

Cheers,

Don

Sounds like you need to do a REPAIR on your DCS installation. What you are seeing doesn't seem to be common behaviour with others and sounds like something is messed up.

+1

That is why I also recommended to run the "DCS repair tool" for him in the first thread, hopefully he does it and it works. Feel like it will.

Cheers,

Don

I just tried this exact thing - and was able to fly without any issue. I selected game mode, setup the game controls - flew in game mode. Then deselected the game mode, cleared the game controls, then loaded my sim control profile (that I saved before clearing the profile) - and again, flew completely without issue. I have no idea how this could be happening to you, other than a double key bind assignment, or double axis assignment - or some issue with one of you peripheral devices / usb ports.

Bummer, I'd recommend saving some track files so a developer can take a look for you and hopefully sort out the situation for you - cause I've tried everything to replicate what you are describing and cannot replicate your issue. Seems like something in there on your system, or setting, that isn't setup properly or is conflicting with each other.... You are not only selecting the A/G or A/A mode, but also arming the MASTER ARM switch directly below them, correct? Switch should be in the up position. Take a screen shot of the cockpit while in flight and trying to fire weapons. Something other than just text, I'd recommend.

Cheers,

Don

I have a dozen modules of dcs, including f-14 av8b m2000c p-51d ka-50, etc. The amd r5 2600 computer I played is completely assembled by myself. Yesterday I changed to play f-14 to launch aim-54c aim. -9m successfully hit the target, you talked about the situation, I will wait to test again

I have a dozen modules of dcs, including f-14 av8b m2000c p-51d ka-50, etc. The amd r5 2600 computer I played is completely assembled by myself. Yesterday I changed to play f-14 to launch aim-54c aim. -9m successfully hit the target, you talked about the situation, I will wait to test again

HAVE YOU RUN THE DCS REPAIR TOOL? Literally just try that before messing with anything else man.

Windows icon / start menu.

Type DCS repair , it should find it.

Run the program.

I really feel like that is it. Has nothing to do with your other modules working correctly, if there is a bug in your F18 folder somewhere. Or nothing to do with how you built your computer. Think you are misunderstanding our suggestion.

Cheers,

Don

I have executed DCS repair and deleted the LUA file in SAVE GAME FOLDER and re-executed it, but the results are the same. The old problem still exists. I spent $70 to buy a FA-18C module that can't fight and shoot. It's really sad. Helpless.

Very odd man. Very odd.

Next step: go fly again, try to fire weapons again, then when you exit, select save track (which is towards the bottom center of the debriefing screen), then post that track file here so BigNewy can look at it and provide some professional insight and troubleshooting, as it seems this is an isolated incident. Frustrating I’m sure, but probably your best bet to get this resolved.

Cheers,

Don

Very odd man. Very odd.

Next step: go fly again, try to fire weapons again, then when you exit, select save track (which is towards the bottom center of the debriefing screen), then post that track file here so BigNewy can look at it and provide some professional insight and troubleshooting, as it seems this is an isolated incident. Frustrating I’m sure, but probably your best bet to get this resolved.

Cheers,

Don

I would like to ask if it is possible to switch between sim mode or game mode in flight or is there a shortcut key?

I only know that the game mode is not checked in the dcs world start menu, and the sim mode is in flight.