Large Kneeboards

Swift.

+1

I actually just grabbed the Ka-50 on sale the other day and noticed it has a working kneeboard on the 3d pilots leg that mirrors the page on the actual kneeboard that you can also scroll pages on etc.

Never noticed it before on any other aircraft - we need that on all aircraft. Obviously not as good as the kneeboard in that 'other' sim with selectable tabs etc - but it's a start!

With VR picking up in popularity you really need a more comprehensive and usable kneeboard solution in DCS.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

I posted a concept for a new physical kneeboard system for the DCS Viper a while back. Feel free to take a look at it and give some feedback.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241683

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

WHOGX5 I remember that post, great idea. Let's hope someone from ED is taking notes

I sure hope so. This feature is sorely lacking and it's addition would make such a huge difference in relation to the time it would take to implement. Especially in VR. :cry:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

+1

I actually just grabbed the Ka-50 on sale the other day and noticed it has a working kneeboard on the 3d pilots leg that mirrors the page on the actual kneeboard that you can also scroll pages on etc.

Never noticed it before on any other aircraft - we need that on all aircraft. Obviously not as good as the kneeboard in that 'other' sim with selectable tabs etc - but it's a start!

With VR picking up in popularity you really need a more comprehensive and usable kneeboard solution in DCS.

Little OffTopic from me but you (or any VR user for the matter) should give a try to VRK "VR Kneeboard" by AMVI_Rider. There's a thread in these forums ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246970 )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

…or better yet, giving the user full control over kneeboard location and size (if nothing else so we could fix the incorrect aspect ratio in the standard setting files) without resorting to modding. Yes, this would put the Kneeboard Builder guy out of business, but I think even he would welcome such an improvement.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

+1, the ability to make it larger would be a bonus for sure. Currently, the one in the F/A-18C Hornet is nice, since it is an interactive, working solution but requires the zoom feature (for me personally) to read it as I also use VR. Using the "expanded" version by pressing RShift+K isn't really a highlight for me as it interferes with things inside the aircraft and outside of it as well. Good suggestion.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Little OffTopic from me but you (or any VR user for the matter) should give a try to VRK "VR Kneeboard" by AMVI_Rider. There's a thread in these forums ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246970 )

Wow, just checked it out on Youtube and it truly looks amazing. Too bad it only works in VR. Would be nice with something similar for people who still play on regular monitors.

DCS Wishlist:

Wow, just checked it out on Youtube and it truly looks amazing. Too bad it only works in VR. Would be nice with something similar for people who still play on regular monitors.

You can make it work for non-VR but you need to ALT+TAB into and out of it.

It isn't ideal but i use for quick-reference stuff like a threats charts, airbases charts and a frequencies table for the mission.

I also have everything either printed or hand-noted around my desk but sometimes i prefer to have it on VRK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

You can make it work for non-VR but you need to ALT+TAB into and out of it.

It isn't ideal but i use for quick-reference stuff like a threats charts, airbases charts and a frequencies table for the mission.

I also have everything either printed or hand-noted around my desk but sometimes i prefer to have it on VRK

I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

DCS Wishlist: