[REPORTED]Ka-50 ABRIS displays ALL SAM+AAA locations at take-off.

D4n

It displays ALL (including EVERY SINGLE not-spotted hostile unit!) units instead of just those units that were visible to ground commanders on the F10 map.

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 5 months later...

STILL an issue in PvP multiplayer!!! I just lost 3 of my deployed Stinger-units (that took me over 30 minutes to place in total!) due to this unrealistic feature!!! Fix this ASAP, ED!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I would like to show you a video of what I mean, but my DCS is running the WHOPPING 22.7 GB rollback due to 2.5.6 having major multiplayer issues (being randomly kicked out of aircraft slot while you're flying for like 15 minutes already, for example... related to duplicate playerID bug, is my guess), so I can't reproduce the ABRIS thing in DCS currently as DCS is patching atm.

The problem is that in order to allow Combined Arms players the ability to jump into various ground units you have to make them visible on the map. If units are set to visible then air-defense units (not all units) will show up on the Ka-50's ABRIS. Enabling fog-of-war does not prevent this. Also, it seems that the indicator on ABRIS is only linked to the actual air-defense unit in the group. If that unit is destroyed, the next time you start up ABRIS it will no longer appear even if other units in the group are alive.

Edited by ajax

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Please follow the bug reporting guide.

Attach a track replay showing the issue.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Trackfile here: See on Abris display near the end, all icons... https://ufile.io/9x0fn4yq