New in Mig-29? Here you can learn how do Air Combat!

pepin1234

Take your Smart-Phone and record in video those tracks (video record the HUD and Avionic in general inside cockpit). Why...? because the tracks get corrupted with next DCS updates. I also discover some very annoying bugs that push even more the how hard is fight with those Russian fighters with bugs. I will post the bugs later in the right forum.

NOW: things you must look and notice very well. because those are the most important. I used Mig-29S and Mig-29A, it basically the same tactics and maneuvers. The aircraft is slight different. minors changes in some general tactics.

1- Start your combat with ECM

2- Use first High radar mode for lock and track threats

3- When you reach 45km unlock the target and change to mode ILV. Lock the target back again. (this mode is your combat mode, keep in mind that!)

4- Activate the Override and do side/diving maneuvers as in tracks

5- Launch your first R-27ER at 35-30km, dive/side and again another R-27ER about below 30km range.

6- Now keep the dive for a while and after some seconds start a climb with a loop (I don't remember the name of the damn maneuver right now)

7- Keep both eyes in RWR and angle aspect arrow of the bandit in your HUD.

8- Turn off the ECM (I forgot couples of times do it in those tracks. (important do that)

9- He will be now busy with afterburner and notching, so as possible you can turn radar off depending of his aspect (only IRST/EOS)

10- when he turn onto you Radar ON, your nose onto him and missile, AND you turn down and to the oposite side he is pointing (important) that all quick in a row.

All that with chaff dispense in higher rate when: He turn onto you, your RWR get Aim-120 warning. (That's why you should have more chaff than Flare in the container)

And last but not least. Take picture of this post and Video of the tracks. keep it for you for further DCS versions comparison. It Change all the time...

See tracks here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4019240&postcount=85

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4019244&postcount=86

edit: Notice how the tracks get corrupted when the F-15 get in high Gs. Happen the same with F-16. Only when the combat get in high extraterrestre maneuvers by blue fighters suddenly get corrupted. Me shooting cannon to no where, while in real combat was a kill with cannon...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok here is something hard close to the human behavior. against two Aim -120. keep in mind I forgot decrease the fuel amount so I was a bit heavy for the combat. Anyway I manage to kill the enemy and evade two Aim-120. All was simulated as closest as a human tactics.

Please notice those important behave and those will be very important in your success:

1-start your combat some below the enemy.

2-Keep the radar orientation (small point in the HUD) the closest you can to the HUD borders. (67 degrees in azimuth and 60 degrees up elevation)

3-If you can, turn toward the same direction the enemy nose is pointing when do his notch maneuver. (you will avoid lose guidance because your radar keep in approaching respect to the enemy)

4-You better keep focused in the HUD helpful information and RWR. Leave visual contact only for a close combat.

see tracks below:

use your 67 degrees radar azimuth 60 degrees elevation in Notch.trk

use your 67 degrees radar azimuth 60 degrees elevation in Notch1.trk

use your 67 degrees radar azimuth 60 degrees elevation in Notch8.trk

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If after evade the missiles the enemy continue in Notch maneuver what do next?

First always keep in mind he is not alone so is not good idea get in pursuit every time. You can turn back and re-organize a second attack. Or go stealth waiting he turn onto you again.

How go stealth?

Now talking about how human react IRL in a MP server.

The Bluefor fighters use extensively the TWS. So that’s why you should play with this card using the weaknesses of this mode. In an scenery with AWACS you must know that your flight aspect is replicated in some MFD of certain bluefor aircrafts. So in our Mig-29A/S we will keep only with AWACS radio communication.

Situation: we managed to evade the two Aim-120 and the Bluefor fighter keep for a while in Notch direction. What he gonna do next is look for the arcade extra option of look for his kill message in MP chat (serious server remove this option). After this moment what you better do is turn your radar OFF and make a aggressive dive. In that moment you go and play with the Notch card tactic, but not a notch for him. You gonna do the Notch to his AWACS in a very low flight waiting he turn onto your last position, but at this moment you gonna go only EOS/IRST and in Notch for his AWACS and slightly Notch for him (he will use TWS on your search, they have limitations). At this point he gonna think you are damage or falling. After a while holding low and notched for him to the side of him, so after some seconds turn onto him looking for his side aspect (where he have the hottest side) using only EOS/IRST. You will keep continuously asking to the AWACS for bogey dope. The missile you gonna use then is R-77 for a surprise kill in close range. Don’t wait until impact, never do look impact you don’t need it. You go aggressively in maneuver over him with dives and flares because the next will be use your vertical stealth scanner with R-73 ready for secure this kill in your favor. I will replicate this situation in Track file removing the super smart capabilities of our AI.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Bluefor fighters use extensively the TWS. So that’s why you should play with this card using the weaknesses of this mode. In an scenery with AWACS you must know that your flight aspect is replicated in some MFD of certain bluefor aircrafts. We have the same advantage in our right side display, just that we have twice advantage with our stealth IRS sensor.

No, we don't have the same advantage. The MiG-29 has no DataLink. So no SA page for MiG pilots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Kappi said:
No, we don't have the same advantage. The MiG-29 has no DataLink. So no SA page for MiG pilots.

That’s correct. Sorry I will modify this for adapt this post for Mig-29. My bad I did copy paste from the other of my threads in RU Aaircraft without notice this detail.

Thanks for your correction. I did fixed.:thumbup:

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok Following the tactic of play with the AWACS in Notch to avoid your position in the enemy Datalink. I did the track with a close example, not the best track but you will have an overall idea. Please don't look how the mission have been edited, because the mission edition is not addressed as main goal in the thread. Just keep looking in the evade maneuvers and the most important to avoid your AWACS detection. Go notch to the AWACS and make moves only doing loops maneuvers. In the Track you see I did a loop and killed the enemy. You also can keep doing loops waiting for enemy approaching and you face him by his side or from below with EOS only or Vertical if you have visual.

See track below. Also I give you the mission in case you want training. Not perfect, but is a close help to reality.

Doing Notch to the AWACS to avoid me in his Datalink representation.trk

Stealth and Notch for AWACS for Counter-Attack 29.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not going to say that the tracks shouldn't work, but why would you record your screen instead of getting Tacview?

I sent PM. Don’t make the same question in every single forum, when I already did answer you by PM. Otherwise you are trolling...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As we all know we are getting the dark side of coding in this simulator, so this is the moment to learn some pretty good tactics to defeat dreamer Brains Mikey Mouse cheaters. just kidding.

Hey guys take a look very carefully in that tactic of the track. If you control your machine well and control altitude and speed you are unbeatable. They will say, We will finish you with Aim-9X, of course they will use it with the help of programming coding but keep doing those maneuvers. Very good for the guy want to keep up al the time. there is no way a active head seeker get you if you keep lees than 300m. But again they do whatever they want with coding. they...

remember take a video with your cellular as tracks get corrupted. If that track got old, just save it and then open it.

I watched the track and I crashed at the end but track get corrupted those days, so hope you get the entire track demo. I am some time less than 40m. no trees so lets take risk a bit.

Notching and Floating for point defense high2.trk

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Slow/low/Notch by Pepin1234

You want to kill the OP Aim-120? I bring you a tactic for that. The very first thinks you should keep in mind, Mig-29 first generation 9.12 and 9.13 are front line fighters, because lack of high capacity internal fuel, because the maneuverability is the best of his class and because this machine is ready to take off and landing on no prepared roads. They were designed for a crude use.

So telling that, you figure it out you taking off in scramble on a road to splash this bandit that come close to your front line defense (not intended to go offensive for that early version). If you are a Mig-29 pilot and you didn't try yet a landing and take off on the road then this is not your aircraft for the moment in DCS, you are not yet clear what is the capability of this machine. 

So the follow tactic is for that frontline you are defending but you cant go forward, because there are SAMs. To do this tactic you must be on a lateral of a formation, another numeral may be in the other lateral. Why? because you don't want to be in the middle of a formation because both enemy lateral will track your speed increasing or decreasing easily. Remember you are doing Slow/low/Notch (the name of this tactic) to a 10-15 degrees rate so if you are in the middle of a formation you will be exposed to the both enemy laterals.

So been so you start choosing the lateral of the enemy formation and you track him just to get the heading toward him. As in DCS they give a cheating bonus for blueforce giving 50km free of ECM we are forced to start our tactic from that range. Also unfortunately I don't want to use the R-27ET because AI (in that track)  is OP and she know what kid of missile you are launching so she will use the flare super quick. So against Humans you probably will be better with the single stage version, the basic R-27T. Also keep your radar off after the dive, You don't need it (I forgot do it in the track)

I don't want to explain you every step of this tactic. Please see the track and kill this bad boy in MP with the best machine for that, the Mig-29. if you want to keep this tactic just record the track with you Smartphone camera. Tracks get corrupted with time. 

Note: Unfortunately the Human player keep looking around to get a tone from Aim-9X, even when they didn't see you. The Aim-9X is the most OP and unrealistic in this simulator so avoid the offer of challenge against a human they are cheating with original product. it is what it is, by developers...

enjoy  

Notching and Floating for point defense medium F-18.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The track above is corrupted. As I am doing risky low flight DCS doesn't seem to handle well the tracks. I raised the bar and faced three of the most modern fighter in DCS now days. I am using 80's technology they are using over powered and unrealistic toys like Aim-9X and so on. Very important in that case, as they are more than me in numbers,  I stay in a pure defensive tactic using Slow/low/Notch and traying to get the best Notch as possible as well lower altitude and low speed. I am covering myself with the terrain mask and I am holding my position on the front line limits. Never go beyond there!! I don't need it. The invaders are them. I am doing a solid defense job and defeating them. that is the job and mentality with this Mig-29 9.13 version. beyond that it is a high cost...

I attached the mission for you guys. see below.

F-18 group against trainner.miz

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo video and Mission to practice the Roads take off and landing. Red flares are the approaching entries. I will tune the mission in case it is impossible for the rest of landing sites. I just tested the right landing site. You can rearming and repair in all landing sites. Enemy will be far enough, so you have the time for landing. So you will be ready to take off when they are in range.

F-18 group against trainner landing on Road.miz

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a good way I have found to face the Aim-9X. In Dogfight the winner is the first that get visual contact, or the first got a shoot and the best in turning rate. Not always technology is in your favor for every situation. 

What I do:

After the merge. I pull throttle to 80% and keep turning hard without get in blackout ( probably my speed will decrease until 500Km/h) My speed is lower but he is still desperate looking for 90 degrees lock. My R-73 will be in his way for that moment and he will get defending first. What everybody do is trying to get the best rear aspect as possible, but I give my cold front with my throttle in 80% and if I see a missile on my way I decrease throttle even more for a while and at the same time a bunch of flares. I do that with success. in the video I get 5 wins and a tie. 

In multiplayer the enemies Fan boys do a lot of flares as crazy and sometime they get out of flares before they get die. What I do in that case I wait until he get tired of flares launching or get out of them, and after that my R-73 go as a gift. 

I will make another video for the example of evade with flares the Aim-9X. 

Me against Aim-9X.miz

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How evade the Aim-9X.

In the video you will see the first merge was a victory for Aim-9X. Actually I decided left the raw video and don't cut this part because so, I show you my mistake. I didn't put the RPM low enough to get my engine colder and was too late for that launch. Also keep in mind the cold down take some seconds. the optimal temperature is 600 degrees Celsius or less (for this particular example). I show in the video the instrument for that.

After that mistake you will see 3 kill in a row. Of course this video is only educational. I hold down until he shoot on me to try evade with flares. key here is make a solid flare spot to concentrate the heat in one place, that's why I keep facing him without a crazy move that make me activate afterburner and also so, I avoid a separate flares ejection. mission is the same from above.

Good luck.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Facing F-16 without any external support. New landing area close to Maykob with high difficulty of landing. Here you can learn how evade Aim-120. As you can see in the video the maneuver is side-left down and again side-right down, ECM off when I start maneuvering (to brake secondary track on you). As ECM have a biased delay of almost a minute (that's not real) to be activated, I let it off but the best is ones you get lead on him put ECM ON again. the maneuvers should be always side down because they are learning from redforce players and  every single time they change blueforce missiles coding to share results information and keep the ingame superiority in blueforce even when the Red Units are Russians. Mission updated attached. Unit for this particular action is Maykob Area. 

F-18 group against trainner landing on Road V2.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]