You are new in Su-33? Learn how do Air combat with this Beast!

pepin1234

Take your Smart-Phone and record in video those tracks (video record the HUD and Avionic in general inside cockpit). Why...? because the tracks get corrupted with next DCS updates. I also discover some very annoying bugs that push even more the how hard is fight with those Russian fighters with bugs. I will post the bugs later in the right forum.

NOW: things you must look and notice very well. because those are the most important. I used Su-27, it basically the same tactics and maneuvers. The aircraft slight different. minors changes in combat.

1- Start your combat with ECM

2- Use first High radar mode for lock and track threats

3- When you reach 45km unlock the target and change to mode ILV. Lock the target back again. (this mode is your combat mode, keep in mind that!)

4- Activate the Override and do side/diving maneuvers as in tracks

5- Launch your first R-27ER at 35-30km, dive/side and again another R-27ER about below 30km range.

6- Now keep the dive for a while and after some seconds start a climb with a loop (I don't remember the name of the damn maneuver right now)

7- Keep both eyes in RWR and angle aspect arrow of the bandit in your HUD.

8- Turn off the ECM (I forgot couples of times do it in those tracks. (important do that)

9- He will be now busy with afterburner and notching, so as possible you can turn radar off depending of his aspect (only IRST/EOS)

10- when he turn onto you Radar ON, your nose onto him and missile, AND you turn down and to the oposite side he is pointing (important) that all quick in a row.

All that with chaff dispense in higher rate when: He turn onto you, your RWR get Aim-120 warning. (That's why you should have more chaff than Flare in the container)

And last but not least. Take picture of this post and Video of the tracks. keep it for you for further DCS versions comparison. It Change all the time...

See tracks here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4019240&postcount=85

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4019244&postcount=86

edit: Notice how the tracks get corrupted when the F-15 get in high Gs. Happen the same with F-16. Only when the combat get in high extraterrestre maneuvers by blue fighters suddenly get corrupted. Me shooting cannon to no where, while in real combat was a kill with cannon...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't have to unlock the bandit to switch PRF. You can switch it during STT as well, but you have to remember what mode you are in. So if you are in HIGH and want to switch to ILV, just press the PRF button twice (Although I always assumed HIGH is the best for hot targets and MED is always the best for cold targets).

No. Better use ILV for combat. About to change to ILV on STT mode, I prefer leave part of the work load for the combat itself. I also have ECM disconnect and all the rest. Pretty busy ones you get in combat. As you see in Mig-29 track I forgot jettison center tank. That happen and this mistake are not good. So all you can do on time is better.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok here is something hard close to the human behavior. against two Aim -120. keep in mind I forgot decrease the fuel amount so I was a bit heavy for the combat. Anyway I manage to kill the enemy and evade two Aim-120. All was simulated as closest as a human tactics.

Please notice those important behave and those will be very important in your success:

1-start your combat some below the enemy.

2-Keep the radar orientation (small point in the HUD) the closest you can to the HUD borders. (60 degrees in azimuth and up elevation)

3-If you can, turn toward the same direction the enemy nose is pointing when do his notch maneuver. (you will avoid lose guidance because your radar keep in approaching respect to the enemy)

4-You better keep focused in the HUD helpful information and RWR. Leave visual contact only for a close combat.

see tracks below:

use your 67 degrees radar azimuth 60 degrees elevation in Notch7.trk

use your 67 degrees radar azimuth 60 degrees elevation in Notch6.trk

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If after evade the missiles the enemy continue in Notch maneuver what do next?

First always keep in mind he is not alone so is not good idea get in pursuit every time. You can turn back and re-organize a second attack. Or go stealth waiting he turn onto you again.

How go stealth?

Now talking about how human react IRL in a MP server.

The Bluefor fighters use extensively the TWS. So that’s why you should play with this card using the weaknesses of this mode. In an scenery with AWACS you must know that your flight aspect is replicated in some MFD of certain bluefor aircrafts. We have the same advantage in our right side display, just that we have twice advantage with our stealth IRS sensor.

Situation: we managed to evade the two Aim-120 and the Bluefor fighter keep for a while in Notch direction. What he gonna do next is look for the arcade extra option of look for his kill message in MP chat (serious server remove this option). After this moment what you better do is turn your radar OFF and make a aggressive dive. In that moment you go and play with the Notch card tactic, but not a notch for him. You gonna do the Notch to his AWACS in a very low flight waiting he turn onto your last position, but at this moment you gonna go only EOS/IRST and in Notch for his AWACS and slightly Notch for him (he will use TWS on your search, they have limitations). At this point he gonna think you are damage or falling. After a while holding low and notched for him to the side of him, so after some seconds turn onto him looking for his side aspect (where he have the hottest side) using only EOS/IRST. The missile you gonna use then is R-27ET for a stealthy kill. Don’t wait until impact, never do look impact you don’t need it. You go aggressively in maneuver over him with dives and flares because the next will be use your vertical stealth scanner with R-73 ready for secure this kill in your favor. I will replicate this situation in Track file removing the super smart capabilities of our AI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok Following the tactic of play with the AWACS in Notch to avoid your position in the enemy Datalink. I did the track with a close example, not the best track but you will have an overall idea. Please don't look how the mission have been edited, because the mission edition is not addressed as main goal in the thread. Just keep looking in the evade maneuvers and the most important to avoid your AWACS detection. Go notch to the AWACS and make moves only doing loops maneuvers. In the Track you see I did a loop and killed the enemy. You also can keep doing loops waiting for enemy approaching and you face him by his side or from below with EOS only or Vertical if you have visual.

See track below. Also I give you the mission in case you want training. Not perfect, but is a close help to reality.

Stealth and Notch for AWACS for Counter-Attack 33.miz

Su-27&33 Doing Notch to the AWACS to avoid me in his Datalink representation.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]