Hardware upgrade options for improving VR performance

Falcon7a

Folks.

I currently have an Intel I5 6600k with an Nvidia 1070 and 16GB of Ram. I only fly DCS in VR and have an Oculus Rift S. I have the Wathog hotas and pedals. I need some help in planning my next hardware upgrade.

I am debating whether I should get the 2070 Super or upgrade my processer which will also require a motherboard upgrade. I think 16GB of Ram is enough but am open to upgrading that if it'll improve performance. What do you all recommend that I upgrade to get the most bang for the buck in VR? Thanks.

I have a similar system , which works surprisingly well for the CV1 . I think the Rift S would benefit most from the 2070 S . Depending on your budget , a 6700k might buy you a year or two before before needing a cpu/motherboard as well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I upgraded to a 2070 super and have been very happy with it paired with the Rift S. Now I did plop in a 3700x at the same time, but my cpu usage is in the 50-60% range. For the price I think the 2070 S is the way to go right now for those of us who can’t afford a 2080Ti.