No Modules Recognized

Habu_69

DCSW OB 2.5.5.35864 for no APPARENT reason fails to recognize any installed aircraft modules. I am an experienced user. First noticed a problem when I opened several missions in ME and found nothing but blank maps. Tried DCS Repair: nada. Tried reinstall from backup folder: nada. Module Manager shows all modules installed, but now trying to open mission in ME or to fly triggers error that aircraft module not installed. Aircraft module folders do exist in the proper directory locations. Also the normal row of module icons along the bottom of the main UI shows only 4 terrain icons.

Out of ideas, other than complete reinstall of DCSW.

Hi

add your dcs.log from your saved games folder and your auto_updatelog.txt from your dcs instal location.

it should give us some clues.

Ensure you are also logged in.

Usually a cleanup and repair will solve issues, if this has not helped I would go for a clean install.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Completely reinstalled DCSW OB 2.5.5.34864. Installed PG map and F/A-18C modules then tried to edit an existing mission. Same as above: all the units are in the unit list table, but do not display on the map. Map is empty of objects. Tried saving the mission, then re-opening. No difference. Unable to place a new unit on new mission map. No mods installed. Log attached. This all began for no apparent reason, as DCS ran fine last night.

New Information. Realized new DCS install was using old Saved Games folder. Renamed it so DCS would initiate new Saved Games folder, and voila, ME now functions properly. So... new line of inquiry: what in old Saved Games is causing anomolous behavior?

Deleting Saved Games/MissionEditor folder returned ME to normal function.

Edited by Habu_69