"Paper" minimap

JG13Wulf

Hello,

Any possibility to have a "paper minimap" like we had in IL2 1946.

Only possibility to navigate in Warbirds (without GPS like at this time) was to use a paper map.

Now we have the F10 map but it's hard to fly and look at the map at the same moment (It's even impossible when flying combat formation). So I'm asking to have a kneeboard size map that can be moveable just like in the video :

(Can't place it directly here)

It's a really important feature for DCS ww2 pilots I think.

Thanks.

Can I suggest the easy route of a screen print?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

How about opening the kneeboard? It should have pages for each waypoint as a map there.

full-11236-58131-dcs_2013_05_17_08_57_06_50b.jpg

Or get a mod that works with 2.5.

Example (don't know about functionality in current version)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2046353/

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Kneeboard can't move and as you can know when in mission you can use an alternative route than the one on kneeboard. Sometimes there is menace on the way, or information arrive by radio to change waypoint, ... Kneeboard are fixed image of the map so you can't move around to see what is north ou west of waypoint x. Look at the video a place in my post. You will see that it can do more than the kneeboard. And i'm wishing for the "more".

Fullscreen map is not a good solution.

I don't agree with the fact we have to print map to fly as map are not finished yet.

Edited by JG13~Wulf

• 4 months later...

Hello,

For my point of view, I prefer the kneeboard approach. It simulates maps as a pilot may have with him. But it needs some works before starting the mission to make / study them ( like pilot did ), and it is not always easy ( I like it ).

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

If you look for realism, back in the old times we printed our maps so we had them in our hands. Just saying :P.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice