Su-22M4 comming to DCS

Go to solution Solved by SVKSniper,

You're doing a great job with this Su-22!
The road to completion will be very long, in the cockpit itself it will probably take two years, then you will have to learn programming and programming the module, also difficult and long work - about 3 years.
Wouldn't you consider releasing a temporary mod only with the AI model before making the full module.
Personally, I use the Su-22 very often as an adversary, and the ED external model is already very outdated and hurts my eyesight.
Best regards and I keep my fingers crossed for the development of the module.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, adampolska7 said:

You're doing a great job with this Su-22!
The road to completion will be very long, in the cockpit itself it will probably take two years, then you will have to learn programming and programming the module, also difficult and long work - about 3 years.
Wouldn't you consider releasing a temporary mod only with the AI model before making the full module.
Personally, I use the Su-22 very often as an adversary, and the ED external model is already very outdated and hurts my eyesight.
Best regards and I keep my fingers crossed for the development of the module.

Indeed a great job. I would love to have it as AI too or as a playable using SU-25T cockpit. It would be very close to the real thing i guess. But dont give up on the FF mod.

• Like 3

So learned the the only difference between the Su-17M3 and the M4 variants is the M4 has a forward facing RWR or in this case a ECIA warning Radar. That's the thing sticking up out of the spine at the base of the Vertical stabilizer. So it wouldn't actually be that hard to make a M3 variant from this model... Plus I like the un interupted look on the M3 variant...LOL! 

0854157.jpg

On 1/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, LCO489 said:

Indeed a great job. I would love to have it as AI too or as a playable using SU-25T cockpit. It would be very close to the real thing i guess. But dont give up on the FF mod.

That's a interesting proposal, to have a flyable lite version while we wait for the final one.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Picture of the Day (UM-3K version). Skin idea too .

NZue9mM.jpg

• Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ya know, it'd be really cool if you could get this thing officially supported by ED. I had heard they'd been looking for something to 'replace' the Su25T as the primary freebie. Just like the Frogfoot, the Su17 was widely exported throughout the Soviet Block, and to various countries in Africa, Asia, and South America. Obviously most of these countries have since upgraded to aircraft like the F-16, Mig-29, Mirage, and even the Jaguar.

Heck, even if it was released as a proper module, I'd probably buy it... so long as the aircraft doesn't plot to kill me 24/7 😛

• Like 1

Hi Sniper,

seems you very busy and very productive, it was pleasure to work with you on our small project of DCS MiG-21 490l wing tank model.

Whish very best for you and your project, Im sure that it will found many fans inside DCS community and ED will one day found your module worthy to join our fleet.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments. So in short, what I'm working on now. I used more programs to animate the characters and I'm showing a demonstration of what the animation for a walking soldier looks like. Similarly, I will work on animation for the pilot ... as far as the cockpit is concerned, the situation in our country at the moment is such that it is not possible to get to the museum and do a 3d scan of the cockpit. That's why I'll be working on the animation of the pilot and maybe I'll add two more skins for the plane ... thanks again for your support and interest in this beautiful plane!

Edited by SVKSniper
  • Like 6

Good day sir I cant express enough how good this aircraft project is looking, well done sir I just wish ED would take notice of it and add it to DCS may be has an extra aircraft for FC3-4 who knows I wish the best of luck for you sir take care and keep having fun creating more beautiful contents of this nature.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in late on this project, but that looks promising and beautiful! Keep up the great work and dedication!

• Thanks 1

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

BBCRF is not released. I continue work on project.

Today I bring another update. I finished the textures on the pilot and did a test with an external model for the first time. Details such as the pilot strips and then the argument animations need to be completed. I bring a few pictures. Thanks for the support and your comments! 👍GzNZGCz.jpg

oUbqlJd.jpgPAwNVgF.jpg

Edited by SVKSniper
  • Like 8